Mo West vs Sevier County

THSVikings2004

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap1...to quote the famous Ron Burgandy "that's just dumb"

No what is "just dumb" is that fact that you fail to realize that Sevier Co has truly played NOBODY. In fact two of the weak teams you have played on your schedule have only won a single game all season. Your only test was (like I said) DB, and you will see much of the same with Mo West plus they are more discipline and have a better QB.

No what is "just dumb" is that fact that you fail to realize that Sevier Co has truly played NOBODY. In fact two of the weak teams you have played on your schedule have only won a single game all season. Your only test was (like I said) DB, and you will see much of the same with Mo West plus they are more discipline and have a better QB.

Agree about the schedule for the most part. Being "forced" by the T$$AA into playing all of these small schools really dosen't show you much about your team and definitley doesn't prepare you for the playoffs. Further more, there are a couple of teams we need to drop from our current out of conference schedule that are only dragging us down even more.

Now as far as your comparisons regarding DB and MW's defense that is interesting. Just saw MW last week for the first time and yes they were big but looked to me liked they were lacking in overall speed and quickness. DB on the other hand I know has pretty good team speed so it will be interesting to see in person if what you claim is true. All I know is that MW sure has had a lot of trouble stopping our passing attack the last couple of years but this is a new season so who knows. Just glad to have a decent game to prepare for.

I can't believe your starting to run your mouth about DB already and we hav'nt even gave you your beatdown yet this year. Sevier County is a very dangerous 6A team and is going to make some noise in the playoffs. There is no way Mo West has a prayer of winning this game. I say Sevier County by 21. They will pass for 400 yds. and light Mo West up. Period!!!!!! Can't wait to see the little Vikes come to J Fred a week from Friday! Your gonna get to see another good spanking like you got last year. Atleast you will get home in time to watch Kenny on Touchdown Friday Night!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

My comment has nothing to do with a match-up between DB and Mo West, but yes I would take Mo West over DB.

You should really go watch a real football team sometime before you start running off at the mouth. I mean, you lost to Virginia freakin High!! Really???? Wow, that had to hurt.

Agree about the schedule for the most part. Being "forced" by the T$$AA into playing all of these small schools really dosen't show you much about your team and definitley doesn't prepare you for the playoffs. Further more, there are a couple of teams we need to drop from our current out of conference schedule that are only dragging us down even more.

Now as far as your comparisons regarding DB and MW's defense that is interesting. Just saw MW last week for the first time and yes they were big but looked to me liked they were lacking in overall speed and quickness. DB on the other hand I know has pretty good team speed so it will be interesting to see in person if what you claim is true. All I know is that MW sure has had a lot of trouble stopping our passing attack the last couple of years but this is a new season so who knows. Just glad to have a decent game to prepare for.

You can't judge a team by one game, a game they defended the triple option would be even less of a legit measuring stick. As for trouble defending the Sevier passing attack over the years, it may seem true but you're slightly off base. In 09 Sevier scored 31 on West but only 17 of those points were SC's offense scoring on the West defense, the other 14 came on a pick 6 and a blocked punt, and last year SC scored 28 in this matchup, but only 21 was the SC offense on the West Defense, 7 came on a pick 6. So the SC offense is averaging 19 points a game against the West defense, and the West Defense is much better and much healthier than they have been the past 2 years.

There is no way Mo West has a prayer of winning this game. I say Sevier County by 21. They will pass for 400 yds. and light Mo West up. Period!!!!!!

It depends on which West team shows up. If the West team that showed up for Greeneville shows up against Sevier Co, then all bets are off. There aren’t too many teams around that can beat them if they play like that. I'm not making a prediction for this game, but I can assure you that West is better than you give them credit for.

You can't judge a team by one game, a game they defended the triple option would be even less of a legit measuring stick. As for trouble defending the Sevier passing attack over the years, it may seem true but you're slightly off base. In 09 Sevier scored 31 on West but only 17 of those points were SC's offense scoring on the West defense, the other 14 came on a pick 6 and a blocked punt, and last year SC scored 28 in this matchup, but only 21 was the SC offense on the West Defense, 7 came on a pick 6. So the SC offense is averaging 19 points a game against the West defense, and the West Defense is much better and much healthier than they have been the past 2 years.

I haven't seen MO West this year, but I can tell you that the SCHS offense is different this year than it has been in the past. Its very up tempo, Oregonesque. They try to run plays every 10-15 seconds or so, and the coaches do a great job at spotting and creating mismatches in the passing game. I'm not saying the Bears will win, but, I think the Bears will win. :thumb:

I definitely think this has the potential to be a marque game of the year. It has two totally different styles of offense facing off against two similar styles of defense. The high flying passing attack of SC versus the in you face grind it out offense of MW. I think both defenses pride themselves on flying to the football and they both have good d-coordinators that do a good job of scheming to stop what they other team does best. If MW brings their A game and SC brings their A game, who knows. But neither team will have the luxury of playing flat at any time of the game and still be able to win. For this reason, I give the edge to SC because they have played pretty even all year while MW has been up and down. Just playing the odds.

However, Cap1, everytime you post on this site you just make me laugh because I keep thinking about Will Ferrell saying "that's just dumb." So thank you cap1 for lifting my spirits with your post, you are one funny dude.

I haven't seen MO West this year, but I can tell you that the SCHS offense is different this year than it has been in the past. Its very up tempo, Oregonesque. They try to run plays every 10-15 seconds or so, and the coaches do a great job at spotting and creating mismatches in the passing game. I'm not saying the Bears will win, but, I think the Bears will win. :thumb:

Greeneville and Science Hill played fast paced but West defense was ready for it, Science Hill threw the ball all over the place but only ended up with 19 points. SC has been impressive but they haven't played a team like Greenville. It will be a close game which is why i think west gets the win, as half of West's games have been decided by 4 points or less.

Edited by motownanddown