TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

All of Griders players are listed in my Murphy Fair book that I know of. That Creasy man better double check in his Murphy Fair book and make sure all of his boys are eligible. I garuntee you if that Childress man finds another school cheating, he will probably make all the boys clean out their lockers and that will be it for their season. You think im joking but im not.

roy i garuntee you that with the mood that mr. childress is in that if he has to drive to another school because of some mess like this then he'll just burn the next school to the ground i garuntee he will.

To clairify,you seemed amused when P.C."went on the carpet",when Signal faced the same situation,it didn't sit too well.Different sides of the fence,thus the "bull"refrence.I'll agree that guilt or innocence is in a grey area somewhat in both cases,but when tapping your feet,be careful that you're not in the mens room(you know what they say about that!).

i'm somewhat amused by both situations, although i do hate it for the kids. the only thing on this thread that doesn't sit well with me was barb spouting off the "rules are rules..." bologna when she supports a public school that gets to circumvent rules that others have to abide buy. no issue like that came up on the perry thread. stay out of those men rooms buddy. icon_eek.gif

i'm somewhat amused by both situations, although i do hate it for the kids. the only thing on this thread that doesn't sit well with me was barb spouting off the "rules are rules..." bologna when she supports a public school that gets to circumvent rules that others have to abide buy. no issue like that came up on the perry thread. stay out of those men rooms buddy. icon_eek.gif

I'm no toe-tapper! :mrgreen:

Just got back to the Mountain. Gave Polk their appropriate congratulations on that thread, so won't bother here. They are good and deserved the win.

Our guys wanted to whoop some arse tonight, to make a statement; but, I don't think I have ever seen a group of fine young men so devastated. It was truly shotty of that Childress man to fax his ruling as the guys were sitting down for their pregame meal. It's one thing to kick a man in the gonads; but, I guess it takes a special kind of callousness to then bend over him, castrate him, and force him to eat the remnants.

Does that paint a graphic enough picture for you?

Thanks to Snoball for holding down the fort for me. I know you weren't defending Signal, just having some fun on a hot thread :roflol: , but it still means a lot to me.:thumb:

• Upvote 1

Just got back to the Mountain. Gave Polk their appropriate congratulations on that thread, so won't bother here. They are good and deserved the win.

Our guys wanted to whoop some arse tonight, to make a statement; but, I don't think I have ever seen a group of fine young men so devastated. It was truly shotty of that Childress man to fax his ruling as the guys were sitting down for their pregame meal. It's one thing to kick a man in the gonads; but, I guess it takes a special kind of callousness to then bend over him, castrate him, and force him to eat the remnants.

Thanks to Snoball for holding down the fort for me. I know you weren't defending Signal, just having some fun on a hot thread :roflol: , but it still means a lot to me.:thumb:

Defintely one of the only things I disagree with about the whole situation. I am not close to it, nor know anything other than what I have read. However, there was not any need for Childress to send that at that time. How about today when they indeed did visit. OR tomorrow morning, win or lose tonight. That's horrible. If you believe your team could respond positively from that with the same timing, please, put the team and your name so we can bet a $1000 on it. (Congratulations Polk)

Signal Mtn's to-do list:

2011 dodge Alcoa, win state

2012 dodge Tssaa, win state

They may have been dodging Alcoa, but they weren't dodging you.

Greenburg's to do list:

2011. Right that Childress man a thank-you card

2012. Resume talk about the good old days in 2011

Hard to really talk about it right now, but I can't sleep, so I guess I will just ramble on here for a while. Who knows, I might even get banned before it's over, but what the heck. Don't matter any more.

Regarding Tim's eligibility. And, yes, I believe it is okay to use his name here since it has already been smeared all over the front page of the paper and all of the local TV stations. You hosers will have a hard time finding a more compassionate, soft spoken, respectful young man. He is absolutely devastated by all of this. Although none of his friends and teamates blame him in any way for what has transpired, he personally feels responsible for the merciless persecution dealt by Mr. Childress.

myspace-marilyn-manson-graphic.jpg

The whole issue of his eligibility revolves around the T$$AA's definition of "Territory"

Territory
– For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that school
as established by the local board of education
. For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

For personal and private reasons, upon which I will not elaborate, Tim was given a hardship waiver by the Hamilton County Board of Education to attend Signal Mountain High School, rather than Ooltewah (which was the "paired school" for Brainerd High School). On the transfer form submitted to T$$AA, his residence was listed correctly. No one "lied" on the paperwork as some have alleged. Based upon the HCPOE's ruling, I can only assume our coaches believed his residence would be considered "within the territory" of Signal Mountain High School. The T$$AA reviewed the information which was submitted and apparantly determined him to be eligible.

In a county with I believe 17 high schools, numerous special programs and curriculums, magnet, and vocational programs, the lines of school "zones" and "geographic boundaries" are often blurred. Students from all over the county are scattered among the schools for numerous reasons. The passage of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 has just blurred the boundaries even further, as I believe 7 of our high schools were considered "high priority"

A compassionate human being would hope that the review of his eligibility would have taken into account the intent of the involved parties and the ambiguities raised by an outdated definition of "Territory". Tim was not recruited. He wanted to attend Signal, he applied to the HCBOE, and they approved his enrollment. He wanted to play football, his information was submitted to the T$$AA, and they said he was eligible.

It is a travesty that a disagreement over semantics has been used by adults to "punish Signal Mountain" and "send a message to athletic programs around the state". The only thing that has been accomplished is to utterly devastate the dreams of many fine young athletes, who pour their heart and souls out for their families, friends, school, and community every Friday night and countless hours throughout the year.

We should ALL be ashamed of ourselves. Our children deserve better, and they deserve our apology. But that won't happen because we are all too petty and self centered.

Definition of ALL: Every adult parent, coach, educator, administrator, T$$AA representative, HCBOE representative, and everybody that has posted on this thread.

Einstein.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll

They may have been dodging Alcoa, but they weren't dodging you.

Greenburg's to do list:

2011. Right that Childress man a thank-you card

2012. Resume talk about the good old days in 2011

Baylor north just got beaten by a team that hasn't advanced past the second round of the playoffs since the stone age. If you thought your blackman debacle was bad it would be twice that bad when you made it to play the devils.

Here's my take on signal mountain

1. Why can't you jerks do what you are supposed to do?? You are supposed to be in 3A! Play in 3A!

2. Play the kids that live in your zone. It's really not that hard to do. If Price was the football god that many of you people act like he is, he'd could do it with preppy mountain boys.

3. Achieve success through working hard not finding loopholes

4. IMO you have played two good teams the last two years and lost to both... Blackman and Polk. You're scheduling is chicken $%@! Just like your move to 4A was.

5. Tell your police chief smokinote said hello. He's a jerk too

Edited by smokinote

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Baylor north just got beaten by a team that hasn't advanced past the second round of the playoffs since the stone age. If you thought your blackman debacle was bad it would be twice that bad when you made it to play the devils.

Here's my take on signal mountain

1. Why can't you jerks do what you are supposed to do?? You are supposed to be in 3A! Play in 3A!

2. Play the kids that live in your zone. It's really not that hard to do. If Price was the football god that many of you people act like he is, he'd could do it with preppy mountain boys.

3. Achieve success through working hard not finding loopholes

4. IMO you have played two good teams the last two years and lost to both... Blackman and Polk. You're scheduling is chicken $%@! Just like your move to 3A was.

5. Tell your police chief smokinote said hello. He's a jerk too

[/quote

]Amen :popcorneater:

For personal and private reasons, upon which I will not elaborate, Tim was given a hardship waiver by the Hamilton County Board of Education to attend Signal Mountain High School, rather than Ooltewah (which was the "paired school" for Brainerd High School). On the transfer form submitted to T$$AA, his residence was listed correctly. No one "lied" on the paperwork as some have alleged. Based upon the HCPOE's ruling, I can only assume our coaches believed his residence would be considered "within the territory" of Signal Mountain High School. The T$$AA reviewed the information which was submitted and apparantly determined him to be eligible.

To me, it raises some suspicions when a hardship waiver is granted, in my opinion, but you can't explain why (as you say, for personal and private reasons)...even if it is totally a legit issue, it does create a potential area for 'fraud' in the scheme of things...No Hardship Waiver Granted=No Issue

D

D

I dont want to get on your bad side.....who told the kids about the ruling or told the kids about the fax ....it was not that Childress man....what happen is not on the TSSAA