South Pitt @ Boyd Buc

reaction

I garuntee you that Wigfall man was real good. He could run real fast. The pass catchers back then were more of a blocker for that Wigfall man. I wish Grider would run the single wing some. Let me ask you a question. Did you ever play for that Beene man? He was a real good coach to. I garuntee you those boys didnt get out of line with him. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, I used to like watching that single wing when it was ran right. Professor Beene was also big on academics. He was at an oratorical contest when he passed away. He was there to here Reuben Hudson speechify.

Roy, I used to like watching that single wing when it was ran right. Professor Beene was also big on academics. He was at an oratorical contest when he passed away. He was there to here Reuben Hudson speechify.

That's A bit of history I'm glad to know....Imagine playing for General Robert Neyland on some undefeated teams. He learned the single wing from the master and brought it back to Pittsburg.I was told years ago that our orange was suppose to be Tennesee Orange but was shipped the color as it is today and was too expensive to send back to be changed.Don't know if true. He was a true guru and very tough. Wrestled bears while in college. Edited by TheBlackPearl

Old Pirate went to see the WAR EAGLES beat them Gators and jest hasn't been able to post.

1st congrats to the Bucs for taking it to the Pirates in the 1st half. OP feels the 1st half shut out jest may have shocked the Pirates into realizing they need to come every game ready to compete for an entire game. That said, CONGRATS......to the Pirates on a great 2nd half domination of a quality opponant and bringing home the bacon again this week. Recon if you can spot a team like the Bucs 10 points and adjust the jocks at half time and come out and earhole some city youngons from the 1st play till the last you have accomplished something worth talking about. Especially with 2 missing starters out initially and then another 2 leaving the 1st half and not returning says a lot about the heart the Pirates showed Friday nite.

Again CONGRATS ON THE "W"

How can you come out flat against the best team on your schedule?

Fall Break. It happens every year. I always hate to see that we're playing a good team during the break. I believe SM and Polk are probably better than Boyd. Not trying to take anything away from Boyd because they are good, just in my opinion the other two are better.

Fall Break. It happens every year. I always hate to see that we're playing a good team during the break. I believe SM and Polk are probably better than Boyd. Not trying to take anything away from Boyd because they are good, just in my opinion the other two are better.

Hmmmm yeahhhhhh! Polk and Boyd would beva tough matchup just because how Boyd defends but I would still say Polk 21-7 and Signal would Mercy Rule them...Agree to disagree if u would like but......That is all

I'm talking about BB coming out to the second half against SP, as was said in a post.

That's just a typical LOSERS response...Any fan base will have a excuse as to we they lose....Fact we changed some things and scored right off the bat in 2nd half and then that TO and score again in a matter of seconds rattled Boyd pretty good...They had controlled the game until then and until getting hit with a flurry of knockout punches....They stayed in the ring but had lost confidence when we cranked up intensity and became the more aggressive team

That's just a typical LOSERS response...Any fan base will have a excuse as to we they lose....Fact we changed some things and scored right off the bat in 2nd half and then that TO and score again in a matter of seconds rattled Boyd pretty good...They had controlled the game until then and until getting hit with a flurry of knockout punches....They stayed in the ring but had lost confidence when we cranked up intensity and became the more aggressive team

????? Your post does not make sense. No one from Boyd gave any excuse.