Henry County vs. Dickson County

RedSwarm10

Defensively...certainly. Hard to argue the offense too when the least the Patriots have scores is 37.

I agree, but I have to believe that has a lot to do w/ the lack of defensive ability in the district this year. I mean honestly, HC is the only team who has stopped anybody from scoring on a consistent basis.....

So you guys really think this team is better than the 1 w/ Teague?

I was skeptical at the beginning of the year. Today, there is no question in my mind this team is better. The 2008 team was special because of individuals. This team is special because of 'team'. 5-6 guys score touchdowns, 5-6 guys tackle the ball carrier.

People argue that Teague's individual talent is matched this year. It is my opinion, and it is only a relatively uneducated opinion, that Teague's talent is now, and will forever be, unmatched. This probably won't prove to be the case on paper, but he just turned into something/someone different when the clock started. It wasn't something that could be measured in yards, touchdowns, or passes. It could only be measured visually in person. Defenders were consistently paralyzed when all they had to do was put their arms around him. He wouldn't let them do it. He'd be doing the same in Knoxville this year if given the chance.

I am not sure about today but, I know Darren Hinshaw will be at the game tonight.

I'm not sure what game you are refering to..Henry County is idle tonight.....however..Coach Darin Hinshaw told me he was headed to watch Jackson Christian and Tipton Rosemark...what a yawner!! A 2-5 JCS Eagle team hosting the 1-6 Tipton-Rosemark Rebs! Wanna be "rebelious" TRA??...trying winning! You think coaching college football is always glamourous....how would like to go watch this game?

I'm not sure what game you are refering to..Henry County is idle tonight.....however..Coach Darin Hinshaw told me he was headed to watch Jackson Christian and Tipton Rosemark...what a yawner!! A 2-5 JCS Eagle team hosting the 1-6 Tipton-Rosemark Rebs! Wanna be "rebelious" TRA??...trying winning! You think coaching college football is always glamourous....how would like to go watch this game?

sorry he must have stopped by then for practice. Was told he was paying him a visit today.

Edited by dcballas

Dickson County defeated Clarksville tonight 52-45, turning next week's "Battle of the Barrel" into "Battle of the District". Where's the defense in this district? Seems like every game that doesn't involve us is a shootout.

On a side note, Patriot Freshmen defeated the Milan Bulldog Freshmen last night by a score of 54-38, giving them a finishing record of a perfect 7-0.

Dickson County defeated Clarksville tonight 52-45, turning next week's "Battle of the Barrel" into "Battle of the District". Where's the defense in this district? Seems like every game that doesn't involve us is a shootout.

On a side note, Patriot Freshmen defeated the Milan Bulldog Freshmen last night by a score of 54-38, giving them a finishing record of a perfect 7-0.

This game went into three overtimes. In fact, all of HC games have been blowouts. <_<

I was talking about shootouts, not blowouts. Dickson, Clarksville, NE, and Springfield have scored points like crazy against each other.

Looks like the difference in Henry Co and the rest of district 10-AAA is that Henry Co has a good defense. Offenses are all good but Henry Co just has the ability to stop the opponents while the others do not.

The Cougars took another win Friday night in an exciting fashion. Three overtimes is what it took to beat a team that Henry County must have taken three minutes to beat. Henry County defense must be the real deal as all other schools in district 10 are scoring many points except when they face HC. I have a bad feeling about Friday's game but hey....you never know until they play the game. Hope to eat some catfish on my way to the game in the log cabin. Is that place still open ?

Good luck Cougars and Patriots in Friday's "battle of the barrel"

The Cougars took another win Friday night in an exciting fashion. Three overtimes is what it took to beat a team that Henry County must have taken three minutes to beat. Henry County defense must be the real deal as all other schools in district 10 are scoring many points except when they face HC. I have a bad feeling about Friday's game but hey....you never know until they play the game. Hope to eat some catfish on my way to the game in the log cabin. Is that place still open ?

Good luck Cougars and Patriots in Friday's "battle of the barrel"

If you are referring to the "Log Cabin" just North of Camden on HWY 641...to my knowledge it is...although we'd love to see you spend your $$ in Henry County!!!