5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

QBClubPrez ... actually, Whitehaven is the leader of District 16 and not Memphis East. I know they may be listed above Whitehaven on CoachT, but in the category of overall records they, Memphis East, have one loss while Whitehaven is currently undefeated. Both are undefeated in district play however, and in the case of a district tie, CoachT always list the teams in alphabetical order. It doesn't really amount to a hill of beans at this point, but I thought you should know just the same.

Correct again KWC...I simply used the Coacht format which places teams in alphabetical order...however...furthers proves the point of Crawdad that most districts in AAA are led by teams competing in the 6A bracket of the postseason.

KWC...do you still feel that Ridgeway is the best of the 5A's in Memphis? How good are the Chiefs? And what will happen when the East Mustangs tangle with White Station? Do you think East can win another game with White Station, Craigmont, and Whitehaven remaining?

Edited by QBClubPrez

KWC...do you still feel that Ridgeway is the best of the 5A's in Memphis? How good are the Chiefs? And what will happen when the East Mustangs tangle with White Station? Do you think East can win another game with White Station, Craigmont, and Whitehaven remaining?

I think Memphis East wll lose to White Station and Whitehaven and beat Craigmont and finish 7-3. Ridgeway has Southwind, Germantown, and Collierville on their schedule. I think Ridgeway wins out and finishes 7-3 as well. Craigmont has Millington, Memphis East, and Bartlett remaining on their schedule. I think Craigmont loses to Millington and East and beats Bartlett leaving Craigmont with a 5-5 record at seasons end.

Correct again KWC...I simply used the Coacht format which places teams in alphabetical order...however...furthers proves the point of Crawdad that most districts in AAA are led by teams competing in the 6A bracket of the postseason.

I will answer while you await KWC's answer...Ridgeway is definitely the best of the 5A's RIGHT NOW! East will lose to W.Station and Whitehaven while beating Craigmont in a close contest!

While I do not believe that "winning the district" directly affects seeding....your "wishful thinking" is a likely scenerio. Of course..the 1st and 2nd place finishers in a certain district makes a team an "automatic quailfier"...overall wins is the first factor as to seeding...the second factor is teams on the schedule that won 50% of their games...and so on. Dyer County is not a "number 1 seed" calibur team in my opinion..they dropped a game to 4A Liberty and have yet to play 6A/District rival Brighton who is 7-1 ranked in the top 10 in 6A and a game that Dyer County must play on the road. They will likely finish the season 8-2.

Furthermore...it is my belief that all 32 teams are divided FIRST by 4 geographic quadrants prior to seeding the 32 teams. Thus...all you must be in the best team (by the forementioned criteria) of the 8 to be seeded number 1 in a specific Quad. Is this not your understanding GWAVE?

I know that if Antioch upsets Overton and wins their district and Columbia does get in our quad that the Wave fall to 3rd provided we win out.

However, geographically, if Mem Ridgeway, Mem East, Craigmont, Dyer Co, Henry Co, Clarksville, Bartlett, North East, Springfield, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Beech, Station Camp, Glencliff, Antioch, Centennial, and Columbia all get in...which one stands out as not fitting in? Know I don't know if all will qualify or if one of those "bubble" teams get in over their counterpart in east Tenn. However, I do think it is hard to put Columbia in quad 3 under that senerio. Not that as a Gallatin fan I don't want to play Columbia, because I think they can be beat, but that #1 seed in quad 3 sure looks nice.

If your Green Wave were to beat us AGAIN...I'm sure we'd be forced to cheer you on!

Personally I would enjoy this matchup! I think those are realistically your #1 and #2 in the state for 5-A. If it does happen, I will be in Paris very early for a seat because I think over 10,000 show up for that game!