5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

Knox West has 2 losses and no quality wins. They'd have alot more than they could handle with Mo West

Maryville and Farragut, and the Farragut game was down to the wire. How did Mo East go? Cause West beat them 48-14. :thumb:

Fwiw, West scrimmaged Sevier County during the summer and I was not impressed. I know it's only a scrimmage, but things don't bode well for Mo West if they can't compete with Sevier County.

Edited by RunninRebels

well...to get back on subject...who's gonna be the last 4 teams in? If the season had ended last Friday...here are those last 4 schools;

Centennial still left to play- Ravenwood, Shelbyville, & Hillsboro

Station Camp still left to play- Wilson Central, & Portland

Anderson County still left to play- Karns, Hardin Valley, & Clinton

Cleveland still left to play- Soddy Daisy, Bradley Central, & Rhea County

Does Centennial go 2 out of 3...losing to Shelbyville?

Can the Station Camp Bison finish 2-0?

Will Anderson County stay in the hunt? They are 3-4 while Karns is 5-3 and Hardin Valley is 5-2...

Can the Cleveland Blue Raiders stay alive? Soddy Daisy is 3-4, Bradley Central is 5-2, while Rhea Co. is 0-7!

Thoughts???

Thank you for getting everyone back on topic. I believe that Station Camp will finish 5-5. They have a better team than both Wilson Central and Portland. There is too much on the line for SC to not be up and ready to play these last two games. They haven't had the chance to play for the playoffs this late in the year in a few years. Lets go BISON.

IF Anderson County were to drop two of the final 3 to Karns and Hardin Valley...the next team able to play their way in looks to be the Hamilton Wildcats from Memphis. Currently, the Cats are 3-4 facing games against Memphis Central who is also 3-4, the 6-2 Westwood Longhorns, and the embattled and struggling Melrose Golden Wildcats who are currently 2-6 and look like they have won their final game already as they (Melrose) has White Station, Whitehaven, and Hamilton to finish the season! There are only 32 chairs at the table...does the last seat go to Anderson County, Memphis Hamilton, or another late charger??

If Hamilton gets in...and Anderson County is the first team out...how does this effect the Quads? Clarksville High is actually East of Clarksville Northeast...therefore Clarksville High looks like they would move from Quad 4 to Quad 3. Centennial looks to "follow the pattern" of Quad 2 in that they are the "southern most" team in Quad 3 which looks to be the area of the state Quad 2 is made up of...closest to Columbia, Shelbyville, and Tullahoma and the rest of Quad 2....again...thoughts???

Edited by QBClubPrez

Maryville and Farragut, and the Farragut game was down to the wire. How did Mo East go? Cause West beat them 48-14. :thumb:

Fwiw, West scrimmaged Sevier County during the summer and I was not impressed. I know it's only a scrimmage, but things don't bode well for Mo West if they can't compete with Sevier County.

How did Fulton go? because Mo West beat them 42-20. And you can list close losses all you want, Knox West doesn't have an impressive statement win on their schedule.

If the season ended today, this is the 5A bracket. I got all this information from the TSSAA website. They have the quandrants divided up already.

Quad 1

1 Morristown West

8 Morristown East

4 South Doyle

5 Cocke Co.

3 Cherokee

6 Sullivan South

2 Knoxville West

7 Tennessee

Quad 2

1 Powell

8 Cleveland

4 Tullahoma

5 Ooltewah

3 Shelbyville

6 Lenior City

2 Columbia

7 Anderson Co.

Quad 3

1 Gallatin

8 Station Camp

4 Beech

5 Glencliff

3 Hendersonville

6 Springfield

2 Antioch

7 Centennial

Quad 4

1 Henry Co.

8 Clarksville

4 Ridgeway

5 Craigmont

3 Memphis East

6 Clarksville NE

2 Dyer Co.

7 Bartlett

I like the way quad 3 looks but I think the pairings are way off. But who knows right now.

QBclubPrez, I think Hamilton, while possible, is still a long shot. They are historically horrible. But I think the final 4 you posted is really good. Who else has an outsiders chance if the cards fell right?

I like the way quad 3 looks but I think the pairings are way off. But who knows right now.

QBclubPrez, I think Hamilton, while possible, is still a long shot. They are historically horrible. But I think the final 4 you posted is really good. Who else has an outsiders chance if the cards fell right?

GWAVE...while "historically horrible"....the possibilty of this scenerio taking place I feel is better than 50/50!...the REAL LONG SHOT...would be the Daniel Boone Trailblazers! They are currently 2-5 but the good news is that 2 of their remaining opponents Sullivan Central and David Crockett are both 0-7! However...the bad news is that they also must play Sullivan South who is a modest 4-3 on the season....but..I do think that the Trailblazers are an extreme "long shot"...much moreso than the Hamilton Wildcats!

As bad as Melrose has been I just don't see Hamilton beating them. Just my opinion.

After Whitehaven and White Station beat the gold off their shoes....Melrose will be 2-7 on the season....they will have nothing to play for that final weekend...I say Hamilton beats them...putting the Hamilton Wildcats at 5-5 and preparing for a trip to Henry County on November the 4th.