5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

So who are all of these probable 5-5 teams trying to get in?

Station Camp

Hamilton

White Co

Centennial

Bartlett

Cumberland Co at 3-7 district runner up

who else?

Cleveland

Lenoir City

Anderson Co.

Morristown East

Craigmont

Cocke Co.

Daniel Boone

That probably does it. There are a few that have 4 and are "sure" to make 5

There is no denying KW plays in a better region, but you keep dodging the fact that they have beaten NOBODY on that schedule. Greeneville is a much more impressive signature win than Lenoir City.

Well it's not West's fault that Catholic and Bearden are down this year. Maryville is Maryville; nobody beats them. So you really only have Farragut to throw out there and that was a close game. Science Hill? Just because they're 6A it doesn't mean they're good. Heritage and William Blount are 6a.

Devil....here is what I am currently reading via the TSSAA website;

Once the 24 teams have been selected in the Class 1A and 2A playoffs, the teams will be geographically grouped

into four six-team quadrants. Once the 32 teams have been selected in the Class 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A playoffs, the

teams will be geographically grouped into four eight-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to

district/region alignments.

Priority for seeding once the teams have been placed in their geographic quadrants shall be as follows:

1. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive first priority.

2. Teams finishing 2nd in their district will receive second priority.

3. Teams who do not finish 1st or 2nd in their district and qualify based on their position in the football play-off

standings shall receive last priority.

Found this as well;

In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

So....unlike what you stated in the Henry Co/Dickson thread, Henry Co would have to travel to Gtown if they both make it. Interesting.

Oh yea, and most likely to go from 2-5 to 5-5; say hello to White Co., probable favorites 3 weeks in a row which would wipe out Cumberland Co. 's dream of making it in at 3-7

I agree. I never saw that as a probability. I just wonder how many of these 5-5 teams would indeed qualify and which ones fall just shy of the cut.

Mostly curious because I want Gallatin as that #1 seed and don't want Columbia to move back to quad 3 to take that spot. Granted Overton needs to beat Antioch tomorrow. Hamilton getting in helps Gallatin out as well.

GWave and QBClubPrez...do you think a 5-5 SC makes it into the playoffs?

"I think" Station Camp is safe IF they finish 5-5. The 2nd tie breaker is "team on the schedule" that won 50% of their games...the Bison have 6 which is pretty good...however..you will go no help from Hillwood or Lebanon who you have already beaten...they're not getting to 5-5 (or 50%)..and you don't want Wilson Central or Portland to get to 5-5 (or 50%)because that would mean they would have to beat you (the Bison) which would keep you from getting to 5-5...therefore...just win out...and root for White House to stay above .500...the Bison "should be" playing in November!

"I think" Station Camp is safe IF they finish 5-5. The 2nd tie breaker is "team on the schedule" that won 50% of their games...the Bison have 6 which is pretty good...however..you will go no help from Hillwood or Lebanon who you have already beaten...they're not getting to 5-5 (or 50%)..and you don't want Wilson Central or Portland to get to 5-5 (or 50%)because that would mean they would have to beat you (the Bison) which would keep you from getting to 5-5...therefore...just win out...and root for White House to stay above .500...the Bison "should be" playing in November!

I thought when we left White House losers 36-16 that BDP may go 10-0. White House hasn't played well since that night and they aren't helping us out by losing three straight! SC just needs to take care of its business and win out and leave everything else up to the computer.

Well it's not West's fault that Catholic and Bearden are down this year. Maryville is Maryville; nobody beats them. So you really only have Farragut to throw out there and that was a close game. Science Hill? Just because they're 6A it doesn't mean they're good. Heritage and William Blount are 6a.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, nobody said SH were good just because they were 6A, we said they were good because they ARE good, this is the best team they've had in years, 5-2 with an impressive win over Elizabethton and only losses to Greeneville and Mo West, two probable #1 seeds. Don't make claims about NET teams when you have no knowledge of anybody outside of Knoxville.