5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

I doubt real seriously I would be overconfident about beating an east Tenn team if I'm a west Tenn team. :roflolk:

Do you know when the last time a "East Tennessee" team won the 5A state title?...which is what is being discussed on this board.....Let me save you the trouble...it was Red Bank in 2000!

Breaking news...just because your school is located within 150 miles of Maryville...doesn't make them Maryville! Remember...East Tennessee is also home to Clinton, Sullivan Central, Walker Valley, David Crockett, Seymour, and Campbell County...you take an allstar team of those 6, your coach...and I'll take 1A Huntingdon or 2A Humboldt...both West TN teams...and give you 14 points!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Breaking news...just because your school is located within 150 miles of Maryville...doesn't make them Maryville! Remember...East Tennessee is also home to Clinton, Sullivan Central, Walker Valley, David Crockett, Seymour, and Campbell County...you take an allstar team of those 6, your coach...and I'll take 1A Huntingdon or 2A Humboldt...both West TN teams...and give you 14 points!

Shall we list all of the cellar dwellers in middle/west TN? Come on man...

Right now, Henry County and Columbia look like the top 2, but I wouldn't sleep on Memphis East, Gallatin, Knox West, or Powell.

Edited by osunut2

Right now, Henry County and Columbia look like the top 2, but I wouldn't sleep on Memphis East, Knox West, or Powell.

It's good to finally see someone speaking with a little knowledge of other teams besides their own on here....yet....No one is "sleeping" on any of the teams you mentioned.

OSUNUT2....I've not read where you have been guilty of this....however..I don't understand the reason some get on here a "beat their chest" because their team plays in the Eastern Time Zone!...I didn't realize that geographic location was a factor in the polls or power rankings as some suggest! There are many good teams from Bristol to Memphis!....many are West of the Cumberland plateau! Saying a team is superior because they are in East TN...such as Knox West...is absolutely hilarious!

It's good to finally see someone speaking with a little knowledge of other teams besides their own on here....yet....No one is "sleeping" on any of the teams you mentioned.

OSUNUT2....I've not read where you have been guilty of this....however..I don't understand the reason some get on here a "beat their chest" because their team plays in the Eastern Time Zone!...I didn't realize that geographic location was a factor in the polls or power rankings as some suggest! There are many good teams from Bristol to Memphis!....many are West of the Cumberland plateau! Saying a team is superior because they are in East TN...such as Knox West...is absolutely hilarious!

Never said that, but history shows the east dominates. You can deny it all you want.

I don't get that either. I think that same blindess exists with some of the AP prep poll voters, simply because media members in west TN aren't seeing teams in east TN, voters in the east aren't seeing teams from middle TN, etc.

I've seen both Powell and Knox West this year, and they have very good teams - both have very good defenses, Powell appears to have more offensive firepower, while West is more battle tested (tougher schedule); however, I just don't think either can beat the likes of HC or Columbia right now. Depending on where Columbia ends up, I think either Powell or West will end up in Cookeville, as the Quad 1/2 winner.

Right now, Henry County and Columbia look like the top 2, but I wouldn't sleep on Memphis East, Gallatin, Knox West, or Powell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I concur with E.Tn top teams Powell ,West. Also Ive stated IMO Memphis Ridgeway is above East,tho I dont think either would beat HC or Gallatin..Columbia it seems everyone wants to avoid being in their quad even after a coulple close games in their own district...going to be interesting in 3 weeks to see quad pairings ..

Edited by DHSFB64

The way 5A teams are distributed there are gray zones where a team can be placed in either quad based on location of the final 32. Paris to Jackson can go 3 or 4, Davidson metro including Sumner and Maury could go 2 or 3 and Knoxville could go 1 or 2 . It appears somewhat arbitrary too. Isn't Beech east of Columbia?