Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

The TSSAA rules and bylaws describes territories for schools not based on an individual student. As far as having to take the student academically, that is a different matter. Athletic eligibility is a separate matter. The problem is that signal agreed to these rules when they joined the TSSAA. I suppose if they don't like the TSSAA, they could pull out and form a league with Taft Youth Center, Lancaster Christian etc. :lol:

You're wasting your time.. Smeagle1 will never be able to comprehend that NCLB and TSSAA are separate. That an HCDE hardship for one player doesn't change the School's zone as established by the BOE. Maybe when this appeal is overturned he'll see the light.

it aint like that rockytop! greeneville only uses that open enrollment courses for chinese classes... or to fill a home econ. class... or when they need a really good trumpet player for the band... or... well... they are really good with paper work... or blah blah blah... or yack yack yack... or cluck cluck cluck... :roflolk:

<_< I do believe Greenville just got owned :blush:

I live on Signal, and if anything out of this entire situation, I feel for these kids. They put in the time, the hard work and did what their coaches asked them to do. I think if anything, people on the Mountain are embarrassed, but mostly sad for the kids if they dont get their chance to make it to the playoffs. I hope the FULL truth comes out, and if there were "misunderstandings" the proper people be held in check.

this is from LIKEAROCK Thats just it! There is NO issue with the players that live on the mountain. Every time the coach brings in a ringer, a kid that lives on the mountain sits on the bench. THIS IS THE BEAVER. there is a is alot of disapointment for kids that live on the mnt that play. ifeel sorry for them. i am guessing the school dresses about 60 kids or better. all the families should be upset. SM has enough good athletes already in place without pulling people out of zone.how many of those who dress actual hit the feild and the coaches are using out of of zone players.the families at SM should be asking for answers from the coaches and adminstration. my fustration is that some people want to justify recurting out of zone players.

this is from LIKEAROCK Thats just it! There is NO issue with the players that live on the mountain. Every time the coach brings in a ringer, a kid that lives on the mountain sits on the bench. THIS IS THE BEAVER. there is a is alot of disapointment for kids that live on the mnt that play. ifeel sorry for them. i am guessing the school dresses about 60 kids or better. all the families should be upset. SM has enough good athletes already in place without pulling people out of zone.how many of those who dress actual hit the feild and the coaches are using out of of zone players.the families at SM should be asking for answers from the coaches and adminstration. my fustration is that some people want to justify recurting out of zone players.

Don't you just hate it when a neighbor brings his dog over and he pees on your floor? :roflolk: Happens every time.

You are correct. 100%. :mrgreen:

Who had the most to lose if none of this come about come play-off time? Red Bank or Greenville? Or was it a District foe that will lose in the 1st round or maybe a parent on SM team. I have heard of parents on my sons team wanting to pull the plug on kids that have moved in that are taking playing time from their kids, the problem if the parents do this is that all the kids they are questioning are legitimate and they don't really understand the re-precussions if they holler fox and it turns out to be a yorky. Todays politics goes beyond kissing a coaches butt and is really sad to see the different levels people will go to in hopes of gaining advantages over others. Also, BARB, you are a Greenville fan who has open enrollement so how can you say anything you guys can take who you want, kinda like the Yankees!

It wasn't a parent since Mr. Childress already said it was brought to their attention at the Local Administrators meeting. I honestly don't care who it was I just wish they or the TSSAA would have told us at the same time. :thumb: