Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Yes they reassigned him to SM. they didn't change all of Brainerd to SM territory.Brainerd is Ooltewah territory..........they assign him to go to school not play sports.....how hard is that for you to understand.................. Way did he not go to Ooltewah his hardship didn't have anything to do with them,

This is not the thread to stir the pot lancer. There is no form that pairs Brainerd and Ooltewah. Just like there is no form that pairs Howard kids with Lookout Valley. How many LV boys are from Howard zone? How many baseball players came from Georgia the past few years? How many kids came from Ooltewah by getting their parents to sign over custody(How did the LV baseball and football teams do that year)? My point is that hardship transfers happen all over the place. Lets hope the T$$AA can resolve this so the microscope isn't put on any other innocent programs.

Leave this thread alone lancer.

This just seems 2 me 2 b a REAL NO BRAINER.WHY would Signal even consider appealing this decision?I realize theres alot of BIG money on the mountain so surely some of the lawyers up there would have enough SMARTS to know they can not win.Seems 2 me the last thing they would need is more attention 2 their program at this time.Better be careful Barking up the TSSAA's Tree they may investigate further and find alot more DIRT on this program.Money may buy all the ex-head coaches and out of area players that have somehow moved 2 the mountain all of a sudden but even I do not believe u can buy the TSSAA out on this one.I still say it was a local that turned them in and I can not blame them at all.If my child was sitting on the bench because of the outside players they brought in I would be upset also.You ever notice all the NEW players are all the stars?feel free to corect me if i am wrong but i can not name any new players that are 2nd or 3rd on their roster.Why not MAN-UP and play with your local talent as most schools do?NOBODY!!!!!! wins state in their 2nd year of varsity unless you form a new school or start a football program where the area is just loaded with Great talent and we all know this is not the case in this instance....just play the season out and read about the playoffs in the local paper because that is as close as you are going to get this year anyway...ONE Question......IS THERE A DEATH PENALTY IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TSSAA?

Football can open educational opportunities after high school that are otherwise unavailable, often football and education go hand in hand.

I never argue otherwise. Athletic participation enhances the secondary education process for any student who is willing to put in the time and work. For many kids, athletics, and the coaches, are the only things that keep them in school. I would never dispute that.

What I have said is that the NCLB and TSSAA are not associated when it comes to determining eligibility. A student can transfer from a failing school to a passing school as part of NCLB but it is for academic purposes only. Nowhere in NCLB do they address athletic eligibility. The TSSAA is the governing body over secondary athletics in the State of Tennessee. As such, schools choose to become members of the TSSAA, pay membership dues and agree to abide by all rules that are established by the TSSAA, including rules concerning transfer of students.

This is not the thread to stir the pot lancer. There is no form that pairs Brainerd and Ooltewah. Just like there is no form that pairs Howard kids with Lookout Valley. How many LV boys are from Howard zone? How many baseball players came from Georgia the past few years? How many kids came from Ooltewah by getting their parents to sign over custody(How did the LV baseball and football teams do that year)? My point is that hardship transfers happen all over the place. Lets hope the T$AA can resolve this so the microscope isn't put on any other innocent programs.

It is impossible that any football players from Howard went to Lookout Valley, cause there is no way Signal would have let them out of there zone.

This is not the thread to stir the pot lancer. There is no form that pairs Brainerd and Ooltewah. Just like there is no form that pairs Howard kids with Lookout Valley. How many LV boys are from Howard zone? How many baseball players came from Georgia the past few years? How many kids came from Ooltewah by getting their parents to sign over custody(How did the LV baseball and football teams do that year)? My point is that hardship transfers happen all over the place. Lets hope the T$$AA can resolve this so the microscope isn't put on any other innocent programs.

I dont know if you are just naive or just too young to really know enough about anything to say this program is innocent.it is far from innocent Hater V E R Y far from innocent indead.

Not unless they had a bonafide change of address or applied to TSSAA for hardship. Can't you understand how simple it is? NCLB failing/passing schools have nothing to do with athletic elegibility from the TSSAA. Being legally able to switch schools because it is failing to meet AYP per NCLB doesn't automatically make players eligible for athletic competition. If I were a coach at a passing school that had kids transferring in, you can bet I'd be requesting hardship transfers for all of them just to be safe. You would think that people from Signal would have been as careful. :unsure:

In reply to your last line...You would think that people from Signal would have been as careful...Like my Granpaw use to always say.......MORE MONEY THAN THEY GOT SENSE SON MORE MONEY THAN THEY GOT SENSE.....

This just seems 2 me 2 b a REAL NO BRAINER.WHY would Signal even consider appealing this decision?I realize theres alot of BIG money on the mountain so surely some of the lawyers up there would have enough SMARTS to know they can not win.Seems 2 me the last thing they would need is more attention 2 their program at this time.Better be careful Barking up the TSSAA's Tree they may investigate further and find alot more DIRT on this program.Money may buy all the ex-head coaches and out of area players that have somehow moved 2 the mountain all of a sudden but even I do not believe u can buy the TSSAA out on this one.I still say it was a local that turned them in and I can not blame them at all.If my child was sitting on the bench because of the outside players they brought in I would be upset also.You ever notice all the NEW players are all the stars?feel free to corect me if i am wrong but i can not name any new players that are 2nd or 3rd on their roster.Why not MAN-UP and play with your local talent as most schools do?NOBODY!!!!!! wins state in their 2nd year of varsity unless you form a new school or start a football program where the area is just loaded with Great talent and we all know this is not the case in this instance....just play the season out and read about the playoffs in the local paper because that is as close as you are going to get this year anyway...ONE Question......IS THERE A DEATH PENALTY IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TSSAA?

LMAO, this is just a stupid post. First a parent can't attend the meetings where Mr. Childress was made aware, by his own admission. Of course you will only here about star players why would you know any 2nd or 3rd stringers name if you're not from SM? Apparently you don't have a clue about the area, it is loaded with talent. Both Baylor and McCallie have SM kids starting for them. If they are good enough to start at those schools they would only add to the level of talent at SM if they had stayed home.

The rule is very clear, every multi-high school LEA knows that just because Students are granted waivers to attend out of zone schools has nothing to do with the students elgibility through TSSAA. Let's say a student attending McMinn Central recieves a waiver by the MCBE to attend McMinn Co. H.S. without a bona-fide change of address into McMinn Co. Zone, the LEA should know that the student jeopordizes his eligibilty with TSSAA. McMinn Co. should know that they must file a hardship with TSSAA in order for the student become eligible along with McMinn central stating the move is not just athletically motivated. If HCDA or schools in hamilton co are not aware of this, then someone has fumbled the ball. Yes this may affect other student ahtletes inside Hamilton Co. Students attending schools out of zone happen all the time, It is hard for me to believe no one in Hamilton Co. is aware of this rule, but it seems this is the case.

You have no clue about Signal Mtn. Keep reading the paper and CoachT to get your info. You do win with hard work and toughness. I am sure you have several rings so you must know how to win a state championship. Enlighten us o' great one.

. . .

Let me ask you this question. Brainerd just went on the failing list, it has been paired with other schools. Are the students that left Brainerd to attend the other schools eligible to participate this year if they participated last year at Brainerd?

It may fit the TSSAA requirements of territory for a student to go from Brainerd to Ooltewah. However, if I were the coach or AD, I would get a clear answer in writing from the TSSAA and I would dang sure mark the correct boxes on the form. If they say no up front, you don't play the kid, you don't get busted. If they clearly answer the question and say yes, you play the kid and you don't get busted.

I dont know if you are just naive or just too young to really know enough about anything to say this program is innocent.it is far from innocent Hater V E R Y far from innocent indead.

Read the thread dumbice...innocent programs referring to other programs not involved. Its an expression. and I am far from naive about what goes on at signal or young.

My spouse is a Hamilton County employee and the school that our daughter attends is a feeder school to my sc hool and due to transportation issues we apply for a hardship every year and have done this for four years and there is always a deadline to have the forms in, this year it was around June 5th I believe. We have to fill out the same Hardship paper that all students have to fill out, no matter what grade the student is in. On that hardship paper you have to list your address (current) and explain why your child needs to be granted a hardship to be allowed to attend that particular school. It has to be a detailed, stating again a legimtimate hardship and usually the principal of the school will sign off on it.You also have to list the school your child should be attending (zone school) We are always told that these hardships are also based on numbers and if there is a problem of over crowding they may be denied. For us it is a transportation issue.......legitamate hardship for us. On that hardship paper there is NO place to discuss athletics nor does it even ask about athletics. These hardship papers are solely for academics and granted a student permission to attend that school. Hamilton Co.does not even address athletics on these papers, it is not the responsible of Hamilton County to decide whether a student is eligible for sports. Anyone needing clarification on these forms can pick one up in the office at any Hamilton Co. School. Again athletics are not addressed on these forms.