Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Now I said I wasn't a smart man.....Now failing schools are paired with non failing schools right......are is that wrong?? Brainerd a failing school is paired with Ooltewah a passing school.. ."this has been said from day one"...that makes Brainerds school zone part of Ooltewah territory....which means a kid from Brainerd can go to Ooltewah for school and sports..hardship is for school only

Well there is hope for you after all. You're getting at least some things right. Only thing now is understanding there isn't any difference between a paired school for NCLB and a hardship pairing by the HCDE, this will be your last step to freedom.

I think you have missed the fact that he did have a bona-fide change of address from GA to TN.

Thats just it smeagle, thats what makes it so impossible to understand how SM missed it, All schools should know that transfers are only eligible in the zone they move too, all others must apply for hardship through TSSAA. In this case he is only eligible to go to brainerd, any other school he may choose to attend other than brainerd, he must apply for hardship through TSSAA, any coach, AD, or administrator, should have known this. It happens all the time in rutherford, Bradley, Mcminn Co. Thats why the rule is there. A player who played at Blackmon just cant move into Riverdale zone and play for Oakland just because of bonafide move, he would only be eligible at riverdale. Surely you understand why the rule is in place with this example. You can apply any acronym you want too as to the reasons for the hardship, in TSSAA eyes it doesn't matter why you transfer you have to play for the team you are zoned for or file a hardship.

Edited by Gov

This is not the thread to stir the pot lancer. There is no form that pairs Brainerd and Ooltewah. Just like there is no form that pairs Howard kids with Lookout Valley. How many LV boys are from Howard zone? How many baseball players came from Georgia the past few years? How many kids came from Ooltewah by getting their parents to sign over custody(How did the LV baseball and football teams do that year)? My point is that hardship transfers happen all over the place. Lets hope the T$$AA can resolve this so the microscope isn't put on any other innocent programs.

Leave this thread alone lancer.

looks like am right on the mark.....Looks like LVs people know how to fill out the paper work......ALL THE OTHERS HAVE GONE TO LV SINCE BEFORE 9TH GRADE....JUST LIKE THE YOUNG MAN THAT LIVES IN THE VALLEY......THAT GOES TO SM.......And the teams won more games in the history of the school....but thats because my kids were playing on them teams......and not any Rodgers....they drop off big time since they left.

He went through Spring practice and participated in the Spring game at LFO. Athletic Record.

If the kid sat out for 12 months he is eligible. TSSAA doesn't say that hardships are solely for academic purposes. People are getting confused.. we are talking about two separate types of hardships. The only hardship that TSSAA recognizes is the one that they grant and it is for athletic participation when all of the rules for transfer have not been met. The hardship that HCDE grants is purely academic and has nothing to do with athletic participation.

You must participate 3 or more days to have to sit 12 months. 1 practice + 1 game equals 2 practices. That has been admitted and proven by LFO's records.

You are not keeping up! That is what the T$$AA is saying now! A lot of folks have assumed that as long as your County system approves then you are allowed to play given that there is no participation conflict. We in Hamilton county deal with this every year. Marion County does not. Quit acting like an expert when you don't have a rock solid clue. There are a lot of coaches worrying right now in Hamilton County I assure you.

They would be hardship transfers not NCLB transfers since LV is on the list of failing schools. But I do know LV has kids that were zoned for Howard. They have had for years.

If they go to LV before their 9th grade, they can go to LV and play......but you shall know this because ya have kids in the same boat

Ok so I have a question, I understand the SM AD has been an AD for some time. Has she not ever, in her years of experience, had a ooz hardship athlete? Hardship transfers are not something new that was just invented so SM could have talented athletes. It has been a system wide occurance in every school across the state for many years. I find it just a bit implausible that she suddenly forgot how to fill out an athletic eligibility form. I believe this appeal is an attempt to deflect some of the outrage over this incident from the administration to TSSAA. If McCullough indeed brings Hamilton County under TSSAA scrutiny as his veiled threats seem to indicate, he had better make sure going forward that none of his peers get even a whif of impropriety or he's gonna spend every season in every sport with TSSAA up in his junk over procedure till he can quote the by-laws, article and section, in his sleep. Gonna be hard attracting those quality "hardship transfers" with TSSAA and your neighbors constantly looking over your shoulder.

Just went back and re-read the letter from that Childress man to McCullough.. it says that the assistant coach stated that the mother maintained her residence in Chattanooga all of last year. If that is true, it would be impossible to have a bonafide change of residence according to the TSSAA. Now which direction is it going to go? :popcorneater: