Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Win or lose the appeal, SM plays two more games this year and Senior night for the Eagles is tomorrow night. The kids have regrouped from the mess they faced last Friday pretty well and will be ready to go. I expect them to finish the year strong and play well.

Go Eagles!

I am interested to see how these kids respond to the trash talk they are going to get from their opponents...you know they are gonna hear it from across the line. Price had better get them prepared.

the TSSAA always grants the hardship,for kids that leave a failing school to a passing school, that it is paired with...Brainerd is in Ooltewahs territory :unsure:

They don't grant the hardships unless the school requests them.. It's not an automatic thing that when HCDE grants the NCLB hardship that the TSSAA grants the athletic hardship.. The school receiving the transfer student/athlete MUST comlete the hardship application to TSSAA.. This is what Smeagle1 and others from SMMHS, INCLUDING THEIR ADMINISTRATION, don't understand... This is where the ball was dropped... this is what caused this whole mess..

McDonald's managers make more money than your administrators and head coach?

HA!

Just how old are you and why are you jealous of McDonald's managers? I'm sure if you stick with it, someday you'll be the one driving one the many Lexus/Mercedes I see at McDonalds....

:roflol:

Administrators make around 70 to 90,000....Head coach around 50 to 65,000....I know some McDonald's managers make around what Administrators make and more than head coaches.......you are the one bad mouthing McDonald's not me :unsure: :BIG MAC

Edited by lancer10

Here is what I think... I would be willing to bet that the kid isn't exactly vanderbilt or Harvard material grade wise so the academic bull crap is a mute point to me. If he was zoned for brainerd he should have went to brainerd. If be was zoned for Howard he should have went to Howard. End of story. Cry on signal mountain... Cry on.... I love to hear the excuses. And deep down I really hope somehow you make the playoffs so you will get drilled by the green devils and I can hear a multitude of new excuses from the mtn.

Your post is hilarious coming from a fan of a school that probably has more out of zone starters than they do in zone.

the fact that TSSAA does not recognize hardship transfers is not a gray area. The by-laws are very clear that unless there is residence in the schools geographic territory/zone eligibility cannot be established. A ruling by the school board allowing ooz enrollment does not satisfy this requirement. If it did, then I'm sure all the OE schools would be doing a happy dance. If a student does not satisfy the eligibility requirements, he/she may then apply for a hardship waiver using this form.

http://www.tssaa.org/forms/Eligibility/hrd01.pdf

Otherwise, the student must sit out for 12 months. I don't understand how anyone can see this as a gray area. SM is acting like this is some kind of precedent-setting appeal that is going to change the world. TSSAA has been there and done that.

This is a common procedure and one I'm sure an experienced Tennessee Secondary School AD has submitted at least once. If this kids paperwork had been properly executed (that means all questions answered accurately)and his reason for hardship transfer documented on the appropriate forms, then his eligibility would have had a pretty good chance of getting approved on its merit, instead of revoked because of inaccuracies, whether real or fabricated.

You didn't even read it. :roflol:

the fact that TSSAA does not recognize hardship transfers is not a gray area. The by-laws are very clear that unless there is residence in the schools geographic territory/zone eligibility cannot be established. A ruling by the school board allowing ooz enrollment does not satisfy this requirement. If it did, then I'm sure all the OE schools would be doing a happy dance. If a student does not satisfy the eligibility requirements, he/she may then apply for a hardship waiver using this form.

http://www.tssaa.org/forms/Eligibility/hrd01.pdf

Otherwise, the student must sit out for 12 months. I don't understand how anyone can see this as a gray area. SM is acting like this is some kind of precedent-setting appeal that is going to change the world. TSSAA has been there and done that.

This is a common procedure and one I'm sure an experienced Tennessee Secondary School AD has submitted at least once. If this kids paperwork had been properly executed (that means all questions answered accurately)and his reason for hardship transfer documented on the appropriate forms, then his eligibility would have had a pretty good chance of getting approved on its merit, instead of revoked because of inaccuracies, whether real or fabricated.

And the from specifically mentions Section 26 that I posted just after your post.

Special Cases Involving Hardship

3. In submitting a student for consideration under Article II, Section 24 of the TSSAA Bylaws, they must meet all 4

criteria set forth. Please explain how the student meets each of these criteria: