Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Yeah, you get the gold star and move to the front of the class. You read it. Funny though what Dr. McCullough said in his response has now been publicly echoed by another school. Believe me when I say there are plenty more just like this across the state.

Still doesn't make it right... regardless of how many there are across the state...

Yeah. You're right. The guy from Soddy Daisy sounds as out of touch with TSSAA rules as SMMHS administration. He will most likely regret making those comments in the media. I'll bet his AD has already been checking all the documentation for his transfers as a result of that article. If not, they deserve the same punishment.

So.. since SMMHS and Soddy Daisy think the TSSAA is wrong that means that you are getting your wins back and the rules will be changed? :shock:

as with any legal document, it's not so much "changing the rules" as it is "forming a precedence of interpretation of the rules."*

*unless barb deems otherwise. rolleyes.gif

Nope there are plenty more schools that know they are wrong just like SD and SM. Unfortunately the people with Open Zone policies just don't seem to understand. :roflolk:

True. Because most of us with open enrollment policies make sure all our T's are crossed and I's are dotted when we get transfers so that our enemies can't turn us in! :roflol::roflol::thumb:

Reading comprehension must be a real issue on Signal Mountain.. Ummmm. Nothing in that ad said anything about Jasper there cowboy.. Heck, there's not even a McDonald's in Jasper for that matter.. Those positions were in Hamilton County and one in Spring City...

Your right you can not have a McDonald's in Jasper.......Because you can't find managers there.......you have to have teeth....crack kills :roflolk:

Edited by lancer10

as with any legal document, it's not so much "changing the rules" as it is "forming a precedence of interpretation of the rules."*

*unless barb deems otherwise. rolleyes.gif

You get an "F" for not reading Smeagle1's little article.. if the appeal is upheld the handbook will need to be rewritten to reflect the new ruling.

Ok so I have a question, I understand the SM AD has been an AD for some time. Has she not ever, in her years of experience, had a ooz hardship athlete? Hardship transfers are not something new that was just invented so SM could have talented athletes. It has been a system wide occurance in every school across the state for many years. I find it just a bit implausible that she suddenly forgot how to fill out an athletic eligibility form. I believe this appeal is an attempt to deflect some of the outrage over this incident from the administration to TSSAA. If McCullough indeed brings Hamilton County under TSSAA scrutiny as his veiled threats seem to indicate, he had better make sure going forward that none of his peers get even a whif of impropriety or he's gonna spend every season in every sport with TSSAA up in his junk over procedure till he can quote the by-laws, article and section, in his sleep. Gonna be hard attracting those quality "hardship transfers" with TSSAA and your neighbors constantly looking over your shoulder.

Haven't you been maintaining all along that all administrators, AD's, and coaches are supposed to be able to do this or they are incompetent?

Actually, according to T$$AA, Brainerd is not part of Ooltewah's territory and Howard is not part of Signal's territory. From what I understand, T$$AA has said that they do not recognized NCLB, and ALL NCLB transfers require a T$$AA hardship waiver.:shock:

Territory
–
For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and
bus routes of the area served by that school as established by the local board of education.
For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

I guess the NCLB bus routes aren't really bus routes.:wacko:

I'm gonna say we are a system-wide public school. After all don't we get students for special needs classes from all over the county. Also I guess SD is a system-wide school too since it offers an engineering program that no other school has. I think the same can be said for Red Bank with their Health Sciences program. :roflol:

Actually, according to T$$AA, Brainerd is not part of Ooltewah's territory and Howard is not part of Signal's territory. From what I understand, T$$AA has said that they do not recognized NCLB, and ALL NCLB transfers require a T$$AA hardship waiver.:shock:

Territory
–
For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and
bus routes of the area served by that school as established by the local board of education.
For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

I believe a valid argument could be presented at a hearing about the NCLB bus routes. However, this wouldn't help you guys in this particular case.

Territory
–

The TSSAA does not make territory. the school system does......now my head hurts