Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

If they believed he was recruited by one of his former coaches(as has been alluded to by Childress) they could complain. A complaint would at least have caused someone to review his file. Even if SM had open enrollment, (a)the paperwork was still wrong (b)he would have been required to sit out for 12 months because of his participation in spring football at LFO...which after all is the reason for his ineligibility in the first place. Faulty paperwork aside, McClendon is ineligible because he played football in the spring at LFO and does not live in SM. TSSAA was denied the opportunity to rule on his hardship waiver because none was submitted. It does not matter how the student comes to be enrolled ooz, the eligibility requirements are still the same. SM seeks to have them applied differently to them.

Actually you must have missed haters post on the participation last night. He said LFO confirmed he practiced one day and played in the spring game. Not that I think this is an issue but since so many want to hang their hats on it.

Now the question I have for you. If a football player moves from CA (in the summer after going through spring practice with his old team) to Greene County and he registers at Greeneville H.S. is he eligible to play? And is this a hardship?

Edited by smeagle1

Actually you must have missed haters post on the participation last night. He said LFO confirmed he practiced one day and played in the spring game. Not that I think this is an issue but since so many want to hang their hats on it.

Now the question I have for you. If a football player moves from NC (in the summer after going through spring practice with his old team) to Greene County and he registers at Greeneville H.S. is he eligible to play? And is this a hardship?

If the player lives in Greeneville's zone then yes. Otherwise he would sit out a year...which is what that player did according to Greeneville posters.

If the player lives in Greeneville's zone then yes. Otherwise he would sit out a year...which is what that player did according to Greeneville posters.

I should have used a different state. So say from CA not NC. No idea about what happened and don't care.

What is the Greeneville zone since you have an open zone policy?

I should have used a different state. So say from CA not NC. No idea about what happened and don't care.

What is the Greeneville zone since you have an open zone policy?

I imagine it's the city limits in Greeneville. The zone doesn't expand just because a student from, let's say Morristown, wants to pay tuition to attend Greeneville.

I thought that was the county south of you near Blue Ridge, Ga. :roflol:

Not when every team we play cracks on the Slow Polks with the inevitable hillbilly student spirit costumes at away games. Yet when we win, it's the ref's, the weather, TSSAA sanctions, stubbed toes, bad dreams, no lollipops, slow ambulance responses, damnyankees, G. W. Bush, Republicans, democrats, goats, roadkill, Benton speed traps, bears, the Taliban, Hugo Chavez, the US deficit, bad economy, no electric car hookups, Wall Street, food stamps, gas prices, Hubble Telescope, comets, no 4G, teenage pregnancy, CoachT, world hunger, global warming, climate change, unlucky uniforms, blah blah blah.

But we do know how to fill out paperwork.

:thumb:

• Upvote 1

I imagine it's the city limits in Greeneville. The zone doesn't expand just because a student from, let's say Morristown, wants to pay tuition to attend Greeneville.

Since T$$AA specifically avoids the term zone and defines territory as the "geographic area ... served by the school as determined by the local board of education", does not Greeneville's open zone policy extend their "territory" beyond the city limits? Just sayin. Should an open-zone school's territory be defined like a private, with a 20 mile radius? IDK. Just food for thought.

No ... you have implied that any administrator or AD who doesn't fully understand the T$$AA by-laws and constitution are incompetent.

well, yeah I would say based on the information that has been verified by the SM adminisration, that the source of their trouble is incompetance. Now they are challenging TSSAA based on their interpretation of this rule. NEWSFLASH...TSSAA has heard countless eligibility appeals on behalf of kids with hardships. SM never filed one. They misrepresented this kid as living in SM geographic territory (which is so clearly defined there is a map on the HCBE web site) and got caught.I don't think McCullough is near as good a spin doctor as he thinks he is. I am somewhat amazed that he is allowing rumours and message boards to push him into brash public comments about the situation that don't do much to serve the welfare of the student involved. If I was HBEC, I would put a muzzle on him and other HBEC employees that have seen fit to comment publicly on this issue until after the appeal.At this point the circus atmosphere is reflecting poorly on the entire Hamilton County athletic system and keeping the spotlight on a child that could probably use a break from the controversy.

Not when every team we play cracks on the Slow Polks with the inevitable hillbilly student spirit costumes at away games. Yet when we win, it's the ref's, the weather, TSSAA sanctions, stubbed toes, bad dreams, no lollipops, slow ambulance responses, damnyankees, G. W. Bush, Republicans, democrats, goats, roadkill, Benton speed traps, bears, the Taliban, Hugo Chavez, the US deficit, bad economy, no electric car hookups, Wall Street, food stamps, gas prices, Hubble Telescope, comets, no 4G, teenage pregnancy, CoachT, world hunger, global warming, climate change, unlucky uniforms, blah blah blah.

I'll bet you do. And I seen that Polk County Marching Band tractortrailer. Looks more like a moving van to me.:roflolk:

I'll have to remember some of those lines for our PC-SP thread next week. :roflol:

Now the question I have for you. If a football player moves from CA (in the summer after going through spring practice with his old team) to Greene County and he registers at Greeneville H.S. is he eligible to play? And is this a hardship?

If he lived within Greeneville city limits, he would automatically eligible. If he lived outside Greeneville city limits, he would be subject to TSSAA eligbility requirements and sit for 12 months. If he were a senior, he would be better served attending the county school for which he is zoned. If he lived ooz and was interested in participating in football, the Greeneville City Schools administrators who approve his tuition application would advise his parents of the TSSAA eligibility rules and they could make an informed decision on the best interest of their child. It doesn't sound like this kid's mother had all the information or she might have mde a different choice for her son.