Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Yes I agree about the newspapers but McCullough and Co are continuing to feed the frenzy. They should probably start their next comments to TFP with "since we have an appeal pending, we don't think it is appropriate to comment at this time". Seems everytime he makes a public comment, someone else comes out of the woodwork with additional information about the situation...and not all of it helps the SM case.

I haven't really seen any new comments from Dr. McCullough or anyone else in the Admin at SM. I have seen what he said in the appeal get repeated several times.

That is how you have interpreted GHS's territory. Really not beening facetious here. Do you know if there has ever been a formal T$$AA investigation or ruling to say whether T$$AA's interpretation of your "territory" (geographic area served by your school) is the same as yours?

I don't know whether TSSAA has investigated Greeneville or not. I don't think there is anything to interpret. The city limit boundaries are clearly drawn on a map(as are the Signal Mountain school zone boundaries)...its hard to misinterpret a geographic representation of area (map). I find McCullough's argument to be frivolous, self-serving and arrogant.

ok, time to call BS on the whole thing.

The Signal Mountain folks are crying because they didn't know how to fill out the paperwork correctly, played an ineligible player, got busted, and are now trying to obfuscate the whole situation out of arrogance and hurt feelings that anyone dare to question them. Your players got screwed by your administration's incompetence - deal with it.

For God's sake, Bledsoe had a player that freaking DIED, and the team sucked it up and carried on. How about putting things in perspective for once? SM is suffering from their own incompetence and arrogance - get your own house in order and plan for next year.

:roll:

That is how you have interpreted GHS's territory. Really not beening facetious here. Do you know if there has ever been a formal T$$AA investigation or ruling to say whether T$$AA's interpretation of your "territory" (geographic area served by your school) is the same as yours?

No you are being obtuse. Greeneville is in a zone CLEARLY defined by it's city limits. TSSAA does not "interpret" a territory. It reads it off a map. HCBE has a zone/territory map just like every other school system in the state. TSSAA has not "interpreted" SM territory either. There is a map that clearly defines the zone/territory. This interpretation crap is a bunch of double-talk specifically aimed at deflecting the issue and covering their azzes. I guess it all goes back to Bill Clinton...it all depends on what your definition of "is" is :flower:

No you are being obtuse. Greeneville is in a zone CLEARLY defined by it's city limits. TSSAA does not "interpret" a territory. It reads it off a map. HCBE has a zone/territory map just like every other school system in the state. TSSAA has not "interpreted" SM territory either. There is a map that clearly defines the zone/territory. This interpretation crap is a bunch of double-talk specifically aimed at deflecting the issue and covering their azzes. I guess it all goes back to Bill Clinton...it all depends on what your definition of "is" is :flower:

On top of that, in 2007, the U.S. Supreme Court in a 9-0 decision confirmed that the TSSAA can enforce its rules.

Tim is doing okay. Our continued bantor on these boards and our appeal is not making things any harder than they already are. The newspaper and other media outlets continuing to treat this as a front page story is, however. None of yall have given a crap about this young man all along, so don't pretend like you do now. Oh yeh, everybody has said they feel for the kid, but I'm not buying it.

As for the T$$AA hardships. It would be interesting to look at say the last two years of hardship forms and see what kind of BS has been put on those forms and how the T$$AA has ruled. Seems to me that the T$$AA hardship process is overly restrictive in its terminology and wording. We can discuss this further on the plus boards.

Yes moutaintroll, SM had the best interest of this student-athlete, as we can see from the results, maybe those involved should have given this student athlete the best advise which would have been to attend the school he is zoned for brainerd or the school it is paired with ooltewah if he wanted to participate in athletics. This would have been in the students best interest don't you think. If he just wanted the education maybe SM would have been the best choice, but it really wasnt about the education was it. As I have said before any administrator, Coach, AD should have been aware of the transfer rule. Lets just call it for what it really is, this student athlete was not given proper advise from those who should have known better.

I'll bet you do. And I seen that Polk County Marching Band tractortrailer. Looks more like a moving van to me.:roflolk:

It IS a moving van - we're such a poor county, that's what the football team does for fundraising in the off season, moving furniture to pay for things LIKE THE GRASS ON THE FIELD THAT YA'LL KILLED!

:roflol:

Yes moutaintroll, SM had the best interest of this student-athlete, as we can see from the results, maybe those involved should have given this student athlete the best advise which would have been to attend the school he is zoned for brainerd or the school it is paired with ooltewah if he wanted to participate in athletics. This would have been in the students best interest don't you think. If he just wanted the education maybe SM would have been the best choice, but it really wasnt about the education was it. As I have said before any administrator, Coach, AD should have been aware of the transfer rule. Lets just call it for what it really is, this student athlete was not given proper advise from those who should have known better.

You assume alot, guvna. I can assure you, Tim's best interests were, and still are, served by him attending Signal Mountain, rather than staying at LFO, or attending Brainerd or even Ooltewah. Don't expect you to believe that, but it's okay.