Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

What is Greeneville's zone? Is it the same as Greeneville's territory? Is it the city of Greeneville or the entirety of Greene County?:unsure:

Greeneville cty schools only has 1 HS so the zone/territory is the city limits... and we don't redraw the city limits every time we enroll a county student.

well, yeah I would say based on the information that has been verified by the SM adminisration, that the source of their trouble is incompetance. Now they are challenging TSSAA based on their interpretation of this rule. NEWSFLASH...TSSAA has heard countless eligibility appeals on behalf of kids with hardships. SM never filed one. They misrepresented this kid as living in SM geographic territory (which is so clearly defined there is a map on the HCBE web site) and got caught.I don't think McCullough is near as good a spin doctor as he thinks he is. I am somewhat amazed that he is allowing rumours and message boards to push him into brash public comments about the situation that don't do much to serve the welfare of the student involved. If I was HBEC, I would put a muzzle on him and other HBEC employees that have seen fit to comment publicly on this issue until after the appeal.At this point the circus atmosphere is reflecting poorly on the entire Hamilton County athletic system and keeping the spotlight on a child that could probably use a break from the controversy.

Tim is doing okay. Our continued bantor on these boards and our appeal is not making things any harder than they already are. The newspaper and other media outlets continuing to treat this as a front page story is, however. None of yall have given a crap about this young man all along, so don't pretend like you do now. Oh yeh, everybody has said they feel for the kid, but I'm not buying it.

As for the T$$AA hardships. It would be interesting to look at say the last two years of hardship forms and see what kind of BS has been put on those forms and how the T$$AA has ruled. Seems to me that the T$$AA hardship process is overly restrictive in its terminology and wording. We can discuss this further on the plus boards.

Edited by MountainTroll

Tim is doing okay. Our continued bantor on these boards and our appeal is not making things any harder than they already are. The newspaper and other media outlets continuing to treat this as a front page story is, however. None of yall have given a crap about this young man all along, so don't pretend like you do now. Oh yeh, everybody has said they feel for the kid, but I'm not buying it.

As for the T$$AA hardships. It would be interesting to look at say the last two years of hardship forms and see what kind of BS has been put on those forms and how the T$$AA has ruled. Seems to me that the T$$AA hardship process is overly restrictive in its terminology and wording. We can discuss this further on the plus boards.

I think anyone who has ever played before or put their blood and sweat into something only for it to be pulled out from under them can identify with and have sympathy for all the SM players. You hate it for the kids. Although it's difficult to see that on here because a lot of SM fans, not all, haven't exactly been humble and respectful during their one or two years of success.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Greeneville cty schools only has 1 HS so the zone/territory is the city limits... and we don't redraw the city limits every time we enroll a county student.

That is how you have interpreted GHS's territory. Really not beening facetious here. Do you know if there has ever been a formal T$$AA investigation or ruling to say whether T$$AA's interpretation of your "territory" (geographic area served by your school) is the same as yours?

This is the first I have heard anybody say T$$AA was investigating a 'recruiting' violation. They obviously concluded there was none, or you can bet they would have taken disciplinary action and smoked our rump roast.

I think TSSAA thinks they may need something else, after looking at the appeal. They may know their position on zones will not hold up and face scrutiny so they needed to throw something else in there( recruiting violation). They made too quick of a decision in my opinion and now know, they have opened a big can of worms.

Thats why this is the first we have heard about it...

Yes I agree about the newspapers but McCullough and Co are continuing to feed the frenzy. They should probably start their next comments to TFP with "since we have an appeal pending, we don't think it is appropriate to comment at this time". Seems everytime he makes a public comment, someone else comes out of the woodwork with additional information about the situation...and not all of it helps the SM case.

That is how you have interpreted GHS's territory. Really not beening facetious here. Do you know if there has ever been a formal T$$AA investigation or ruling to say whether T$$AA's interpretation of your "territory" (geographic area served by your school) is the same as yours?

How else would they define territory? Just because a kid may pay tuition doesn't automatically extend territory. The student has no guarantee or right to go to that school. Overcrowdedness, poor grades, or bad conduct can result in that student being forced to go back to his/her zoned school. Also the student has to provide their own transportation. Greeneville won't send a bus down there to pick the student up.

And if Greeneville is the same as Bristol, then their city limits is their zone/territory, but that doesn't mean that students from other areas can't attend the city schools. They can but they still have to follow the rules established by the TSSAA.

Edited by THSVikings2004

I think TSSAA thinks they may need something else, after looking at the appeal. They may know their position on zones will not hold up and face scrutiny so they needed to throw something else in there( recruiting violation). They made too quick of a decision in my opinion and now know, they have opened a big can of worms.

Thats why this is the first we have heard about it...

Don't know but you may be on to something. :thumb: