Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

This will a special called meeting and it will take place next week.

And how would you know when it will take place? We don't know? Of course we didn't find out they were charging us with a possible ineligible player until 15 days after they started looking into it. Heck, I think the Times Free Press found out about it while the TSSAA was visiting our school telling our administrators what was going on. Funny how quickly they wanted to get this out in the local press.

Right dumb card........Never said mistake...never act like you did something wrong.....Hears something to thing about........everyone knows the TSSAA is money hungry.......could the fact that SM would make the TSSAA a ton of money if they make the play-offs....make a difference in the outcome of the appeal :unsure: :unsure:

SM wouldn't make any more money for the TSSAA than any other East TN team...unless of course you are talking payola.

The Board of Control has an interesting makeup...

PRESIDENT - MIKE REED

HAMBLEN WEST HIGH SCHOOL, MORRISTOWN

VICE PRESIDENT - FRED KESSLER

BOLIVAR CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, BOLIVAR

LYNN BROWN

MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, MARYVILLE

TOMMY LAYNE

SEQUATCHIE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, DUNLAP

JERRY MATHIS

TULLAHOMA HIGH SCHOOL, TULLAHOMA

STEVE CHAUNCY

HILLWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, NASHVILLE

BRYAN TRUE

LEWIS COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, HOHENWALD

CHUCK WEST

DRESDEN HIGH SCHOOL, DRESDEN

ISAAC WHITE

WESTWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, MEMPHIS

lmao, i hear that cat was the courier that hand delivered the request to investigate signal... unsure.gif

indian, can you confirm this?! rolleyes.gifroflolk.gif

• Upvote 1

lmao, i hear that cat was the courier that hand delivered the request to investigate signal... unsure.gif

indian, can you confirm this?! rolleyes.gifroflolk.gif

NO it was a SM person.Hes a big SM supported.....knows the education system as good as anyone.....I have see him at every SM game that I have been too.......so he did not want to hurt SM.......JUST WANTED IT LOOK INTO BEFORE IT WAS TO LATE...... :unsure:

I would love to see the cases like this that have set the precedent. Would you care to share them.

This case is no different than any other OOZ eligibility case where improper paperwork has been filed. HCBE hardship transfer is treated no different than any other kind of OOZ transfer... even NCLB requires documentation. The problem here is improperly completed paperwork. And had it been properly completed,it would have required additional documentation to prove hardship. The issue is not whether this kid had a hardship that required a transfer to SM, it is that SM failed to inform TSSAA of that transfer. Whether or not McCullough believes he is right is really not a factor. My 'ol man thinks he's right all the time too...surely you can figure out by now how often he wins an argument with me. :flower:

Right dumb card........Never said mistake...never act like you did something wrong.....Hears something to thing about........everyone knows the TSSAA is money hungry.......could the fact that SM would make the TSSAA a ton of money if they make the play-offs....make a difference in the outcome of the appeal :unsure: :unsure:

No.

NO it was a SM person.Hes a big SM supported.....knows the education system as good as anyone.....I have see him at every SM game that I have been too.......so he did not want to hurt SM.......JUST WANTED IT LOOK INTO BEFORE IT WAS TO LATE...... :unsure:

Put the bottle down and slowly stagger away from your PC.

This case is no different than any other OOZ eligibility case where improper paperwork has been filed. HCBE hardship transfer is treated no different than any other kind of OOZ transfer... even NCLB requires documentation. The problem here is improperly completed paperwork. And had it been properly completed,it would have required additional documentation to prove hardship. The issue is not whether this kid had a hardship that required a transfer to SM, it is that SM failed to inform TSSAA of that transfer. Whether or not McCullough believes he is right is really not a factor. My 'ol man thinks he's right all the time too...surely you can figure out by now how often he wins an argument with me. :flower:

We did tell them about his transfer and we completed the paperwork properly. That's our story and I'm sticking to it, because I believe it is true. You will come around and see the light. Even the local sports talk guys here in Chattanooga saw the light and think we might just be right.