Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Put the bottle down and slowly stagger away from your PC.

Could have been you.......you seem to know alot about the school system..And you seem to know alot more about SM.. more than just a parent..........was it you that talked to lancer at a event down town,about this young man......."around the mid of july".......if it was you said that you hope that they "coaches" look in to it fully.......and that you was going to talk to them about it..... :unsure:

We did tell them about his transfer and we completed the paperwork properly. That's our story and I'm sticking to it, because I believe it is true. You will come around and see the light. Even the local sports talk guys here in Chattanooga saw the light and think we might just be right.

If everything was done properly then there wouldn't be an issue smeagle1. Someone maid a mistake and checked the yes box when ask if he lived in SM territory when the answer was no. The NCLB has nothing to do with the TSSAA so no matter if he had a hardship to go to SM the TSSAA does not care about that, they should have summited a hardship to TSSAA and everything would be good. Do I think they knew they had done something wrong? No not at all but rules are rules and you have to pay the piper mistake or not

Since people don't want to do any research here is a little info out of the TSSAA handbook's Q&A section.

Q. What procedure is followed by a school that wishes to appeal to the Board of Control a decision of the Executive Director?

A. The school principal should notify the Executive Director in writing that the principal wants the Board of Control to review the case. If it is satisfactory to hold the review of the case at the next regular meeting of the Board of Control, it will be listed on the agenda. If the case is of such nature that the school wants immediate action, the principal should so indicate. The Executive Director will then communicate with the president of the Board who will call a special session to consider the case. When such a special session of the Board is called, the school

requesting the special session shall pay all expenses of the meeting in the event the Board of Control sustains the decisions of the Executive Director.

Q. Does the Executive Director have a vote on matters that are presented to the Board of Control?

A. No. The Executive Director is not a member of the Board of Control and therefore can have no vote on matters being considered by it.

Now the questions are when will the Executive Director call the President of the Board of Control. Then when will he act on the special session. I hope very soon. I would assume it should have been today and I would assume we should hear something tomorrow.

If everything was done properly then there wouldn't be an issue smeagle1. Someone maid a mistake and checked the yes box when ask if he lived in SM territory when the answer was no. The NCLB has nothing to do with the TSSAA so no matter if he had a hardship to go to SM the TSSAA does not care about that, they should have summited a hardship to TSSAA and everything would be good. Do I think they knew they had done something wrong? No not at all but rules are rules and you have to pay the piper mistake or not

well i just talked to the tssaa and i will be the deciding vote

This case is no different than any other OOZ eligibility case where improper paperwork has been filed. HCBE hardship transfer is treated no different than any other kind of OOZ transfer... even NCLB requires documentation. The problem here is improperly completed paperwork. And had it been properly completed,it would have required additional documentation to prove hardship. The issue is not whether this kid had a hardship that required a transfer to SM, it is that SM failed to inform TSSAA of that transfer. Whether or not McCullough believes he is right is really not a factor. My 'ol man thinks he's right all the time too...surely you can figure out by now how often he wins an argument with me. :flower:

just because he's ignoring you, doesn't mean you've won. it mean's he's won. and we salute him for it and his many other years of sacrificing himself. thumb[1].gif

Yes, I am still here. I must admit that I have carefully orchestrated all of these events. I am the Great God Bolon Yokte' K'uh.

Through the precession of the equinoxes, the Sun will align with the location of the dark rift, and Armageddon will overtake the degenerate peoples of the world and all creation, and our present universe will be annihilated in December 2011 (not 2012) when the Great Cycle of the Long Count of 13 b'ak'tuns reaches completion, and the Signal Mountain Eagles are crowned 4a State Champions.

You people and the T$$AA cannot alter destiny.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I am still here. I must admit that I have carefully orchestrated all of these events. I am the Great God Bolon Yokte' K'uh.

Through the precession of the equinoxes, the Sun will align with the location of the dark rift, and Armageddon will overtake the degenerate peoples of the world and all creation, and our present universe will be annihilated in December 2011 (not 2012) when the Great Cycle of the Long Count of 13 b'ak'tuns reaches completion, and the Signal Mountain Eagles are crowned 4a State Champions.

You people and the T$AA cannot alter destiny.

moloch will not be pleased that kids are being sacrificed to the t$$aa and not to him. icon_neutral.gif

Could have been you.......you seem to know alot about the school system..And you seem to know alot more about SM.. more than just a parent..........was it you that talked to lancer at a event down town,about this young man......."around the mid of july".......if it was you said that you hope that they "coaches" look in to it fully.......and that you was going to talk to them about it..... :unsure:

Lancer I get around town but I very seldom talk SM football. I'm a fan but outside of here and wearing a SM hat you probably wouldn't know I was from SM.