Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

could SM really have a case on this? I'm not so much into it for the 6 wins. I want to see this kid play again. He has skills that produce at the next level, and the kid is a true hard knocks story. I route for the underdogs that rise up. How come nobody really talks about Alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale? you would figure that somebody would want to dig dirt on these legendary programs.

SM wouldn't have filed an appeal if we didn't feel like we had a case. The question is when will the TSSAA reply. Many people on here want to believe we don't have a case, but I think they know we do. Also I'm pretty confident there are numerous AD's and coaches across the state that hope the TSSAA will come around.

SM wouldn't have filed an appeal if we didn't feel like we had a case. The question is when will the TSSAA reply. Many people on here want to believe we don't have a case, but I think they know we do. Also I'm pretty confident there are numerous AD's and coaches across the state that hope the TSSAA will come around.

SM are playing the dumb card on the doing the paperwork...the appeal is their way to get two games back. If they and get someone to say,they knew about this on sept.22.THEN SM will say that they would have not let the kid play.Hoping the TSSAA would give them the two games back,If that happens SM in the play-offs.....If they get in the play-offs they win STATE..........

The appeal will be heard by the entire TSSAA Board of Control. Not just 2 or 3 board members.

Since people don't want to do any research here is a little info out of the TSSAA handbook's Q&A section.

Q. What procedure is followed by a school that wishes to appeal to the Board of Control a decision of the Executive Director?

A. The school principal should notify the Executive Director in writing that the principal wants the Board of Control to review the case. If it is satisfactory to hold the review of the case at the next regular meeting of the Board of Control, it will be listed on the agenda. If the case is of such nature that the school wants immediate action, the principal should so indicate. The Executive Director will then communicate with the president of the Board who will call a special session to consider the case. When such a special session of the Board is called, the school

requesting the special session shall pay all expenses of the meeting in the event the Board of Control sustains the decisions of the Executive Director.

Q. Does the Executive Director have a vote on matters that are presented to the Board of Control?

A. No. The Executive Director is not a member of the Board of Control and therefore can have no vote on matters being considered by it.

Now the questions are when will the Executive Director call the President of the Board of Control. Then when will he act on the special session. I hope very soon. I would assume it should have been today and I would assume we should hear something tomorrow.

Since people don't want to do any research here is a little info out of the TSSAA handbook's Q&A section.

Q. What procedure is followed by a school that wishes to appeal to the Board of Control a decision of the Executive Director?

A. The school principal should notify the Executive Director in writing that the principal wants the Board of Control to review the case. If it is satisfactory to hold the review of the case at the next regular meeting of the Board of Control, it will be listed on the agenda. If the case is of such nature that the school wants immediate action, the principal should so indicate. The Executive Director will then communicate with the president of the Board who will call a special session to consider the case. When such a special session of the Board is called, the school

requesting the special session shall pay all expenses of the meeting in the event the Board of Control sustains the decisions of the Executive Director.

Q. Does the Executive Director have a vote on matters that are presented to the Board of Control?

A. No. The Executive Director is not a member of the Board of Control and therefore can have no vote on matters being considered by it.

Now the questions are when will the Executive Director call the President of the Board of Control. Then when will he act on the special session. I hope very soon. I would assume it should have been today and I would assume we should hear something tomorrow.

This will a special called meeting and it will take place next week.

SM are playing the dumb card on the doing the paperwork...the appeal is their way to get two games back. If they and get someone to say,they knew about this on sept.22.THEN SM will say that they would have not let the kid play.Hoping the TSSAA would give them the two games back,If that happens SM in the play-offs.....If they get in the play-offs they win STATE..........

We don't want two wins back we want the record these young men earned back. We are not playing the dumb card we are playing the factual game. Dr. McCullough made it very clear “We stand by the information we submitted [to the TSSAA] regarding the student transfer and believe him to be eligible.â€

Notice he didn't say we made a mistake.

The Board of Control has an interesting makeup...

PRESIDENT - MIKE REED

HAMBLEN WEST HIGH SCHOOL, MORRISTOWN

VICE PRESIDENT - FRED KESSLER

BOLIVAR CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, BOLIVAR

LYNN BROWN

MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, MARYVILLE

TOMMY LAYNE

SEQUATCHIE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, DUNLAP

JERRY MATHIS

TULLAHOMA HIGH SCHOOL, TULLAHOMA

STEVE CHAUNCY

HILLWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, NASHVILLE

BRYAN TRUE

LEWIS COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, HOHENWALD

CHUCK WEST

DRESDEN HIGH SCHOOL, DRESDEN

ISAAC WHITE

WESTWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, MEMPHIS

We don't want two wins back we want the record these young men earned back. We are not playing the dumb card we are playing the factual game. Dr. McCullough made it very clear “We stand by the information we submitted [to the TSSAA] regarding the student transfer and believe him to be eligible.â€

Better hope that's not all he's got...just because they stand behind the information doesn't make it correct. Precedent is not on his side.

Right dumb card........Never said mistake...never act like you did something wrong.....Hears something to thing about........everyone knows the TSSAA is money hungry.......could the fact that SM would make the TSSAA a ton of money if they make the play-offs....make a difference in the outcome of the appeal :unsure: :unsure: