Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

It's impressive to me that Signal's pep squad has so much time to post here. As we all know, they spend most of their waking hours scouring the Brainerd community (and many other out-of-zone areas) for students who just want a safe school and a better education. And it matters not if they play football. They're just trying to make the world a better place. Now let's join hands and sing.

Ah, Signal. Your open doors and selflessness are indeed impressive. Do you all have to make an appointment to convince the county to grant all these academic hardships, or can you just walk in any time? Please share all the stories of the out-of-zone, non-NCLB non-athletes who have been granted hardships to attend Signal. We'd love to read them.

It's impressive to me that Signal's pep squad has so much time to post here. As we all know, they spend most of their waking hours scouring the Brainerd community (and many other out-of-zone areas) for students who just want a safe school and a better education. And it matters not if they play football. They're just trying to make the world a better place. Now let's join hands and sing.

Ah, Signal. Your open doors and selflessness are indeed impressive. Do you all have to make an appointment to convince the county to grant all these academic hardships, or can you just walk in any time? Please share all the stories of the out-of-zone, non-NCLB non-athletes who have been granted hardships to attend Signal. We'd love to read them.

There are over a hundred out-of-zone kids attending Signal that do not play sports. It's public record so go read it yourself if you enjoy that sort of thing.

:roflol::roflol: Best post all day!!

There are over a hundred out-of-zone kids attending Signal that do not play sports. It's public record so go read it yourself if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Is SM looking like the school,Ya on the mountain want it too....., when you wanted a school on the mountain....A school that ya wanted for the kids on the mountain....I heard that alot of kids are going back to there old private schools.

Edited by lancer10

Is SM looking like the school,Ya on the mountain want it too....., when you wanted a school on the mountain....A school that ya wanted for the kids on the mountain....I heard that alot of kids are going back to there old private schools.

Yep it looks like it to me. One of the top preforming academic public high schools in the state, with tremendous support from the community, very good athletic teams and a great band. Seems to be pretty well rounded for a high school in this area.

Yep it looks like it to me. One of the top preforming academic public high schools in the state, with tremendous support from the community, very good athletic teams and a great band. Seems to be pretty well rounded for a high school in this area.

:roflolk: :roflolk: the band was good Thursday,,did you see it.....

Hey, who knows? Signal could win, and indeed set a precedent.

That would mean in the future, unlicensed, uncertfied "teacher-coach-mentors" can pack up, go to a new school in a different county and state each year, with a load of star athletes from faraway places in the back of the truck, and set up a football team!

(Oh wait...that's already happened)

Edited by blevins1491