Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

I will say you are clearly to far away and reading to much into what people post on here to see the picture. I have a very clear image of the picture.

If this were so cut and dry why is it taking so long for them to decide?

Your right that appeal on the grounds of "we thought we understood" and "well everybody is jealous" should have convincing. I must admit I didn't see the "mean girl" defense coming. I'm now convinced that SM should win with their "dumb prom queen" appeal...that was a stroke of genius. The board of control probably couldn't stop laughing long enough to.get anything accomplished

I will say you are clearly to far away and reading to much into what people post on here to see the picture. I have a very clear image of the picture.

If this were so cut and dry why is it taking so long for them to decide?

Maybe they are looking at the other hardship kids you have up there because its not just one. Even though your principle was very coy in bringing up the number of no child left behind kids you have and how many of them play sports. That wasnt an issue and shouldnt have been used to muddy the waters. How many non zoned, non No child left behind kids do you have playing football this year and last? Answer that honestly signal fans. Lets see how honest and forthcoming you really are. Remember before you answer that those kids all came from somewhere else and many of us know the answer.

Maybe since your defense was "we didnt understand the paperwork" the Tssaa is looking at the history of the paperwork filed by your ad, Principle and coach in the past. Considering they have all been doing this for over 25 years each that would mean they have been doing it wrong all this time. Or did they just in the last two years somehow forget what the rules were? It would look pretty bad if the Tssaa did a little research and finds in years past that things were done correctly by your administrators but now all of a sudden they dont understand the rules. Everyone knows all sports related eligibility questions go through the Tssaa. The HCDE can approve a kid to go to school out of zone but that kid must get cleared by the Tssaa and you dont say he lives in your zone if he doesnt.

Maybe the Tssaa is too busy laughing at the academic statements that were made. I know Im going to make some Lfo people mad and thats not my intention but Im going to be 100% honest. To say Lfo was too hard but Signal is not is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Signal is a supposed world school of excellence. Check out Lfo's test scores, drop out rates, expulsions, ect.. Lfo doesnt compare to Signal academically in any shape, form or fashion. So you are saying an academically struggling kid from Lfo cant graduate because Lfo is too hard but come on up to Signal because our curriculum is way easier. Ba ha ha

Signal is correct in saying there are kids all over Chattanooga at other schools on hardships approved by the Hcde. Are they cheating? Yes, I would say with 100% certainty some of them are and thats why the other area coaches arent in an uproar because they also have kids at their schools. Does this make it ok because other people cheated too? No it does not. You got caught unfortunatley and you will be made an example of. Maybe they will look at other schools as well now. While they are at it they should take an even bigger look at the private schools that compete in the public school division. They are not supposed to give any financial aide, work out any deals to reduce tuition for student athletes but they do and we all know it.

Best case scenario is that Signal is given two wins back because they werent notified when the Tssaa was.

Your right that appeal on the grounds of "we thought we understood" and "well everybody is jealous" should have convincing. I must admit I didn't see the "mean girl" defense coming. I'm now convinced that SM should win with their "dumb prom queen" appeal...that was a stroke of genius. The board of control probably couldn't stop laughing long enough to.get anything accomplished

:roflol::roflol: Best post on the topic :mrgreen:

Maybe they are looking at the other hardship kids you have up there because its not just one. Even though your principle was very coy in bringing up the number of no child left behind kids you have and how many of them play sports. That wasnt an issue and shouldnt have been used to muddy the waters. How many non zoned, non No child left behind kids do you have playing football this year and last? Answer that honestly signal fans. Lets see how honest and forthcoming you really are. Remember before you answer that those kids all came from somewhere else and many of us know the answer.

Maybe since your defense was "we didnt understand the paperwork" the Tssaa is looking at the history of the paperwork filed by your ad, Principle and coach in the past. Considering they have all been doing this for over 25 years each that would mean they have been doing it wrong all this time. Or did they just in the last two years somehow forget what the rules were? It would look pretty bad if the Tssaa did a little research and finds in years past that things were done correctly by your administrators but now all of a sudden they dont understand the rules. Everyone knows all sports related eligibility questions go through the Tssaa. The HCDE can approve a kid to go to school out of zone but that kid must get cleared by the Tssaa and you dont say he lives in your zone if he doesnt.

Maybe the Tssaa is too busy laughing at the academic statements that were made. I know Im going to make some Lfo people mad and thats not my intention but Im going to be 100% honest. To say Lfo was too hard but Signal is not is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Signal is a supposed world school of excellence. Check out Lfo's test scores, drop out rates, expulsions, ect.. Lfo doesnt compare to Signal academically in any shape, form or fashion. So you are saying an academically struggling kid from Lfo cant graduate because Lfo is too hard but come on up to Signal because our curriculum is way easier. Ba ha haSignal is correct in saying there are kids all over Chattanooga at other schools on hardships approved by the Hcde. Are they cheating? Yes, I would say with 100% certainty some of them are and thats why the other area coaches arent in an uproar because they also have kids at their schools. Does this make it ok because other people cheated too? No it does not. You got caught unfortunatley and you will be made an example of. Maybe they will look at other schools as well now. While they are at it they should take an even bigger look at the private schools that compete in the public school division. They are not supposed to give any financial aide, work out any deals to reduce tuition for student athletes but they do and we all know it.

Best case scenario is that Signal is given two wins back because they werent notified when the Tssaa was.

I have no dog in this race, just an outsider looking in. I must say, the details of the hearing made interesting reading. The way I took it, they weren't saying he couldn't pass his classes, he just couldn't pass the state test required for graduation. That's not really the issue anyway, the issue is the TSSAA's definition of "school zone". I wish Signal luck, but I have a feeling that even if TSSAA decides their initial decision was wrong, they won't overturn it. I agree with you, the best they can hope for is to get two of the vacated wins back. I know when they were investigating PC's so-called illegal players, our school administration was notified about the investigation at that time, and coach sat the players out for two games until the decision was made. Signal was not notified, or they would have sat McClendon out two games as well. TSSAA can do whatever they want, I guess, but they need to be consistent.

Maybe the Tssaa is too busy laughing at the academic statements that were made. I know Im going to make some Lfo people mad and thats not my intention but Im going to be 100% honest. To say Lfo was too hard but Signal is not is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Signal is a supposed world school of excellence. Check out Lfo's test scores, drop out rates, expulsions, ect.. Lfo doesnt compare to Signal academically in any shape, form or fashion. So you are saying an academically struggling kid from Lfo cant graduate because Lfo is too hard but come on up to Signal because our curriculum is way easier. Ba ha ha

Signal is correct in saying there are kids all over Chattanooga at other schools on hardships approved by the Hcde. Are they cheating? Yes, I would say with 100% certainty some of them are and thats why the other area coaches arent in an uproar because they also have kids at their schools. Does this make it ok because other people cheated too? No it does not. You got caught unfortunatley and you will be made an example of. Maybe they will look at other schools as well now. While they are at it they should take an even bigger look at the private schools that compete in the public school division. They are not supposed to give any financial aide, work out any deals to reduce tuition for student athletes but they do and we all know it.

Answer to first question. I don't know but think maybe 2 last year and the same number this year. But if the TSSAA wanted this information they could have asked. But they didn't as there really isn't a difference between a hardship and NCLB student. Both are reassigned to a different school.

Answer to the second. We understand the paperwork and it was properly filled out. That is our stance and we explained why we feel it was filled out properly.

Answer to third, LFO (GA) has a standardized graduation test. Clearly this student was having trouble with it. Moving back to TN at least gave him the opportunity to graduate, right or wrong, I can't say. I can say he is now getting more attention and by the time he graduates he will be far ahead of where he was when he came to SM. Of course this is just my opinion. Would he have gotten the same attention somewhere else? don't know.

As for your last statement SM isn't accusing anyone else of cheating as we didn't cheat. There are other kids all over Hamilton County and across the state in the same position and we will see if the TSSAA understand why from our appeal yesterday.

Do you guys never give up? Has anyone else noticed the SM posters on here? It does not matter what the comment is.....the rest of us are just too stupid to see it clearly. If yall would slow down and calm down, go back and reread some of the post you have made to others, smeagle you are acting rediculous! When someone makes a valid point that you can't argue...you attack them personally!

All of us did not receive the fine education you did, so maybe our grammar is a little off, but apparently you sir was not taught respect. We are neighbors ALL OF US, like it or not. The rest of us can't help what we see and how we interpret it, just like you have an opinion, we have ours. We are not attacking you, but you and your fellow SMers are attacking us. None of this is in our hands, there is a group that is making the decision as we speak.

I know you are reading this trying to figure out your next comeback...I have raised 4 boys and everytime I have ever corrected them they hear half of it and begin trying to plot their retaliation before I finish, so I know I am opening the door for your insults...that's okay, I have thick skin....but you need to think about the way you are representing your community, it is comical. A week from today you and the Eagles will travel off the mountain to play our boys...you will be shown respect, no matter the outcome of this. Please try to return the favor to all your fellow fans (I know some of the fans on here are doing the same thing you are), but their community's reputation is not being questioned on this thread. Look back on SM post and IF you OPEN your eyes and get past the anger, you may see why you have offended people and made them mad, and WHY PEOPLE LOOK AT SIGNAL THE WAY THEY DO!

For the posters like GOOSEDAD... It is the parents like you that I hate this for, my heart would be broke for my boys if they were facing what the EAGLES are, I really hate it that the administration and coaching staff have put the kids in this situation, I really hope the parents go to the people in charge and get the answers they need and deserve. Good luck in the future, and we will see you guys next week!

Edited by SCHSPRIDE

it's hard not to laugh at your policing of language on the boards after you yourself set the bar in the first place. roflol.gif

"dumb prom queen" indeed. rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1