Lenoir City @ William Blount

tpoole12

Lenoir City makes the trip across Fort Loudon Dam to play the Govenors. Lenoir City has had the upper hand since the beginning of this annual contest. Coach Wilhite, I believe, has been a factor the last two years but has left LC to coach at Catholic. Has that hurt the defense at LC? LC's has been productive in the spread when they can contain the pass rush. Can WB rush and cover well enough to stop the spread?

William Blount has played well and poorly on both sides of the ball at times. (sometimes in the same game) Coach Gregory tends to play things on the conservitive side. In last years loss WB controled the clock, outgained LC in rushing and passing, had more first downs and still lost the game. What steps should WB take to prevent a simular outcome this year?

Hopefully this will give us something to talk about.....

tpoole12

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tpoole,

Isn't it pitiful to see the lack of interest on this thread. I hope wb wins this one. They have some quality kids on the field that deserve the best (plus some pretty good fans).

They have a couple of challenges after this game. The wb faithful should not get too discouraged. From what I have been told, they have some great middle school players coming to help. IF they can keep the better ones from transferring to other schools, AND IF they can wait a few years, then they may then find their way out of the darkness and back to the playoffs. IMO - if they change coaches again, it will be back to square 1.

The Key for LC will be stopping the run. They gave up a couple big runs last week that took them out of it and stole the momentum. I don't know too much about WB and what their strengths are. But if they do not have a good pass defense it may be a long night. Can WB make it to the playoffs with a win this year over LC or is it to late? Good luck to both teams. Go Panthers!!

By the way where are you guys? I am coming Friday but don't know how to get there from Lenoir City.

The Key for LC will be stopping the run. They gave up a couple big runs last week that took them out of it and stole the momentum. I don't know too much about WB and what their strengths are. But if they do not have a good pass defense it may be a long night. Can WB make it to the playoffs with a win this year over LC or is it to late? Good luck to both teams. Go Panthers!!

By the way where are you guys? I am coming Friday but don't know how to get there from Lenoir City.

Go over Ford Loudon Dam towards the Greenback area and keep going on high way 321 for about 16 Miles. There will be a sign on your right that Says William Blount High School its William Blount Dr. and the school will be on the left

Hard game to call, IMO. WB has, at times this year, looked pretty good, at other times they have looked awful. I thought WB had decent speed until they played West, and I found out different. I don't know anything about LC, but it seems that they have steadily improved the last two years. This one should be close.

WB 28

LC 24

Thanks for the directions. I think it will be close either way. I like LC in this one. They have had the chance to win several more games this season, but have shot themselves in the foot. LC needs the win to make sure they make the playoffs. LC 24 WB 17. I saw several WB people at the LC/West game. I think they may have been the coaches. Go panthers!

tpoole,

Isn't it pitiful to see the lack of interest on this thread. I hope wb wins this one. They have some quality kids on the field that deserve the best (plus some pretty good fans).

They have a couple of challenges after this game. The wb faithful should not get too discouraged. From what I have been told, they have some great middle school players coming to help. IF they can keep the better ones from transferring to other schools, AND IF they can wait a few years, then they may then find their way out of the darkness and back to the playoffs. IMO - if they change coaches again, it will be back to square 1.

Strongx

I wrote a long reply about 5pm. I read it, deleted it because I thought it to harsh. I'm glad the Govs won but.....I listened to the ball game and.... I FOUND A RE OCCURING PATTERN THAT I HAVE NOTICED FOR 3 YEARS.. WE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THE COACH, WE NEED THE COACH TO CHANGE... ENOUGH ALREADY... RUNNING THE BALL TILL YOU HAVE TO THROW IT IS NOT A GOOD GAME PLAN.. IT DID WIN THIS GAME..BUT IT WILL LOSE MANY MORE THAN IT WINS....my $.02 worth

CONGRATS TO THE GOVS

tpoole12