MBA vs. McCallie

rollbigred1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcallie wins this one. MBA has had more talent the last 4-5 yrs and has won but most were a tight game. This MBA team does not have the same make up as past MBA teams.. Mcallie will win 35-21.. MBA has been playing sloppy all year and has not improved..

Without consulting RRR's Holy Writ (i.e., the HD Football Database), my recollection of MBA's games with the Chattanooga schools have always been good games, even if the teams haven't always been great. The games are hard fought, but everybody seems to conduct themselves in a classy manner. They're just two games I really like. And the posters here are polite (usually, except for the idiot who attacked Bluemom last year, which was just wrong on so many levels). Hopefully I'll be there for MBA's next trip to McCallie, a place I've never been.

Congrats to MBA on the win and hope the trip home is a safe one. As always an extremely good game, hard fought, good fans! Please apologize to the MBA coaches for me as I didn't have time to bake them cookies this week, but hope they enjoyed their candy sack!

KW, when you make your trip to the Blue, look me up! I will be happy to give you the 50 cent tour and will even treat you to a coke and hot dog! Then of course we might have to sit on opposite sides of the stadium!

Congrats to MBA on the win and hope the trip home is a safe one. As always an extremely good game, hard fought, good fans! Please apologize to the MBA coaches for me as I didn't have time to bake them cookies this week, but hope they enjoyed their candy sack!

KW, when you make your trip to the Blue, look me up! I will be happy to give you the 50 cent tour and will even treat you to a coke and hot dog! Then of course we might have to sit on opposite sides of the stadium!

Why thank you...I'll take you up on that.

Without consulting RRR's Holy Writ (i.e., the HD Football Database), my recollection of MBA's games with the Chattanooga schools have always been good games, even if the teams haven't always been great. The games are hard fought, but everybody seems to conduct themselves in a classy manner. They're just two games I really like. And the posters here are polite (usually, except for the idiot who attacked Bluemom last year, which was just wrong on so many levels). Hopefully I'll be there for MBA's next trip to McCallie, a place I've never been.

I highly recommend that you go to a game at McCallie. Among the nicest campuses in D2 and the view of the sun going down over the mountains from the visitor's stands is incredible. Take the 50-cent tour offered by Bluemom because there is definitely lots to see; from stone walls that I believe date back pre-civil war to a modern-day cement pond! McCallie fans also tend to be very hospitable. Absolutely great place to attend a football game.

The game tonight was absolutely great!!!!! MBA played very, very well!!!! James Kay and Aaron Simonis both played amazingly well. Both teams showed good sportsmanship and the fans were classy. It was all around a fun game to watch and a tremendous crowd to be a part of.

I will agree on one of your comments, James Kay played great! Congrats on the win as a win is a win, but MBA had a few very nice breaks from Mcallie. If MBA played absolutely great!!!!!! They should have won much bigger than they did, if it were not for those big mistakes from McCallie, MBA would not have walked away with that win. MBA looked very sloppy the second half. Let's hope JPII is not this close.

I will agree on one of your comments, James Kay played great! Congrats on the win as a win is a win, but MBA had a few very nice breaks from Mcallie. If MBA played absolutely great!!!!!! They should have won much bigger than they did, if it were not for those big mistakes from McCallie, MBA would not have walked away with that win. MBA looked very sloppy the second half. Let's hope JPII is not this close.

What game did you see? Perhaps you should refresh yourself with the stats (they are in the paper). It WAS a great game to watch.

I am not sure what BIG McCallie mistakes you are referring to, other than the missed field goal.

It was MBA mistakes that kept this game from blowing wide open. A questionable "roughing the passer" on third and long kept a McCallie drive alive that eventually scored. A fumble on the McCallie 5 yard line after a great series kept 7 off the board for the Big Red, add two more turnovers and you can see how the MBA mistakes added up. I am not even going to mention the seamingly endless drive killing penalties.

IMO this game should not have been close, the MBA talent is there and was shown last night.

McCallie is a great place to play, classy coaches and players, great fans, and top notch facilities. Congratulations on coming home with the Win.

As predicted, MBA's D bent, but did not break and the McCallie run offense did not have enough gas in the tank. You have to give a shout out to #17 Kevin Murphy at DE also who was effective in keeping several of the M options from getting outside and made some key tackles. The strangest observation goes to the zebras. I have seen a fair amount to HS football and not sure I have ever seen such a clueless bunch of refs....with all due respect. Net, net for the night if you watched the BA/E game you could clearly see the upper and lower of Division II.

As predicted, MBA's D bent, but did not break and the McCallie run offense did not have enough gas in the tank. You have to give a shout out to #17 Kevin Murphy at DE also who was effective in keeping several of the M options from getting outside and made some key tackles. The strangest observation goes to the zebras. I have seen a fair amount to HS football and not sure I have ever seen such a clueless bunch of refs....with all due respect. Net, net for the night if you watched the BA/E game you could clearly see the upper and lower of Division II.

• Horse Collar Tackle (Mc)
  • Offensive Face Mask (MBA)
  • Roughing the Passer (MBA)
  • Leading with Head (Mc)
  • Offensive Pass Inteference (Mc)
  • 12 on the Field (MBA)

Many questionable calls - and an unusual allowing of MBA to accept a penalty after they declined it (offensive PI).

After MBA called two straight timeouts trying to ice the McCallie kicker, the refs decided to measure for a first down (after a MBA penalty) when it was second down and 4.5 seconds left. They could have measured during one of the two timeouts and it didn't matter in the least. They essentially gave MBA a third timeout to ice Rocha. Although I think he misses the kick anyway.

Bad officiating (with no due respect given).....

And to the McCallie fan yelling for an excessive celebration penalty who responded "good" when I explained the MBA kid was injured after scoring the game winning TD - you don't deserve to be a fan of The Blue Tornado - find another team to "cheer on".