White House @ Smith County

glover

Smith County completely dominated! #25 gets a lot of hype on here, and rightfully so, but #4 was the man last night!! With only one questionable attempt, he was very impressive to say the least. I like the way he ran the ball and was able to buy time in the pocket. I'd say that performance earned him some post season honors.

Good win. Now get back to work!!

More on #25 later...

7 this is exactly why SC's offense is strong. They have three backs that can break it every play. If you noticed, WH defense was set for Manning and Stevenson. The pass was open all night. Last week, the Owls had 0 yards passing. Yes, Scurlock had a great game and he is a true leader. I wouldn't swap him for any QB that we have played.

Edited by scooter

7 this is exactly why SC's offense is strong. They have three backs that can break it every play. If you noticed, WH defense was set for Manning and Stevenson. The pass was open all night. Last week, the Owls had 0 yards passing. Yes, Scurlock had a great game and he is a true leader. I wouldn't swap him for any QB that we have played.

Agreed...I also think that may have been the best game I've ever seen your OC call. He's always going to take his chances stretching the field, but last night I thought his play calling was on point!! A perfect mix of run and pass.

The Owls whipped us up and down the field tonight, 35-12. I am man enough to sit here and take the heat that is coming. Hope Wicker (#5?) is aright, heard that he may have messed up his hand/finger pretty bad. WH needs to regroup and get ready for Sycamore next Thursday nights. Good luck to SC the rest of the way; great football team.

Good luck to BDP the rest of the way too. You have a good football team that should be in the playoffs. I saw where #5 is okay...very good player. I was impressed with sportsmanship of both teams.

SC is starting to play much better. This is the team I thought they could be. Execution was very good. This team has come a long way since the first of the season.

I didn't think the defense played great...but looking back...WH has a very good offense. To hold them to 12 points is a very good effort. Now on to those dreaded Lizards.

Seven...the first half yardage was 116 run...116 pass. That is the balance I was talking about. You need to pass some to open up the run...and vice versa. :D The run definitely opened up some big pass plays.

Edited by Antwan

Seven...the first half yardage was 116 run...116 pass. That is the balance I was talking about. You need to pass some to open up the run...and vice versa. :D The run definitely opened up some big pass plays.

I saw that stat. Can't get much more balanced than that!!

Now on to #25....

FREAK SHOW...or at least he will be!! He's the true definition of a power back, especially at the high school level. I do agree with Croz in that I think he needs to work on his running style (i.e. getting his pads a little lower) and quickness, but only being a soph. gives him plenty of time for that. He's a straight line, one cut runner, and showed good hands on the td reception. Shiftiness is the only thing I see missing from his game right now, and that's hard to teach.

Not questioning the coaches or players...because obviously I don't know your personnel, but I think they would be doing this kid a great injustice if he's not playing linebacker, as well as toting the rock, for the next two years. He would dominate that side of the ball too!! In my opinion, that's where he will play at the next level. One thing is for sure, he's going to be fun to watch!!

Croz it sure doesn't bother me to be called "Carthage" - I'm proud to be called SCHS or Carthage. What we are called doesn't amount one bit to our football program. SCHS is 9-0 and Carthage is 9-0. :thumb:

It may not bother you, but there is some on here that take better to you slapping their mama than if you call them Carthage. :angry:

You are right, however, either way, you're 9-0. And, I hope ya'll keep it going.

Agreed...I also think that may have been the best game I've ever seen your OC call. He's always going to take his chances stretching the field, but last night I thought his play calling was on point!! A perfect mix of run and pass.

I agree, they pounded and pounded and then hit em with the long pass.

I do think, however, that SC could've hit them a whole lot more underneath, but there really wasn't a need for it.

I do like how they kept feeding Jay and Jalen.

It may not bother you, but there is some on here that take better to you slapping their mama than if you call them Carthage. :angry:

You are right, however, either way, you're 9-0. And, I hope ya'll keep it going.

Several years ago SC was named 'Carthage High School'. Don't know exactly when it was changed. I am sure some of the alumni are very happy for some to call SC 'Carthage'. As I said, sure doesn't bother me. As matter of fact, I call SC 'Carthage' at times and don't even realize it.

Several years ago SC was named 'Carthage High School'. Don't know exactly when it was changed. I am sure some of the alumni are very happy for some to call SC 'Carthage'. As I said, sure doesn't bother me. As matter of fact, I call SC 'Carthage' at times and don't even realize it.