Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

Personally, I think the classiest thing for everyone involved is to get a big lead, then pull all of the seniors out of the game at the same time. That would allow them to get the standing ovation they deserve. Then, they can celebrate their win together and have a great time pulling for their teammates the rest of the game.

Oh! ye'll take the high road and

I'll take the low road,

And I'll be in Scotland afore ye; roflolk.gif

I think both teams will play their hearts out and leave it all on the field. I also believe the players and coaches will conduct themselves appropriately.:thumb:

But I will go ahead and say it now. This is the final football game of their life for many of Signal's seniors, and I am sure they will play with an intensity never before seen. Every player on this team has committed to giving 100% effort on every play of the game. I fully expect to see our starters in the game from the opening whistle to the final buzzer, and I expect them to leave it all on the field.:thumb:

No one should ask these boys to spend the final minutes of their high school football careers standing on the sidelines watching the clock tick.

If anybody wants to get on here and call that classless, biteme.gif

I would say that I would like to meet you at the game Troll but I'm afraid you would try to shoot me... :roflolk:

Instead, I'll just stand quietly down by the scoreboard and watch the fireworks game...

Good luck to both teams tonight!

My take on tonight's game. If/when SM gets up by 3 TD's coach Barger will pull his starters. Let me say I sure wouldn't blame him since he has the playoffs to think about. But after he does this I think you will hear grumbles from the home side when SM doesn't pull their starters. However, I don't blame the Coach Price for not pulling them as it will be the last game for a bunch of them. I do think you will see them come out sometime in the 4th so they can be recognized by the SM fans.

Of course if it's close this all goes out the window but I think 21 will be the magic number for Barger to pull starters. Especially in the second half.

Also I expect to see a clean game on both sides of the ball. Sorry I know this is disappointing to a few haters.

Will be interesting to see how the game unfolds. Hows the field. I love yall's stadium, but does it drain well?

Field Drains great! it will be slick but shouldn't have any standing water on the playing surface! Cutting and sharp turns on the pass routes will be tricky for both sides hopefully the misting will stop so keeping a dry ball ready wont be a problem

Yes, McClendon is cleared to play, thanks to LFO in Georgia, which did not respond to TSSAA's calls. They could have told the truth about McClendon's 10 days of spring practice (not 2, which was Signal Mountain's tall tale) but LFO showed a lot of class. Even though McClendon, his mother and Signal Mountain officials badmouthed LFO for two weeks, saying that teachers ignored him and students picked on him (!), and that LFO's tests were too hard for Tim to pass, LFO is giving Tim a free ride by not ratting him out.

So good for McClendon. He gets to play. A good night for the kid and for Signal. (Of course, the truth took a beating in all this, but that's high school football, right?)

And we now know that Signal Mountain gives tests that everyone can pass, and then graduate, not like mean old Georgia where some effort and knowledge are evidently required.

Edited by blevins1491

Signal led 14-9 at the half, scored late in the second quarter to take the lead. Seq had a chance to stop them on fourth down around the 20 but the runner (Hall?) was able to just get the yardage for a first down, leading to a short TD. That was one of the big plays of the game, otherwise Seq leads at the half and gets the ball back to open the third. Seq was worn down over the game with SM getting more success running and passing as it went on.

Both sides showed class and just played ball, leaving the other stuff aside. There was virtually no mouth running and the only 15 yard penalty was for a facemask. No late hits that I saw from either side. SM left the field quickly as was the plan but several players and coaches still took the time to congratulate their opponent on a well played game.

I was disappointed in the coverage of the game on the news as it seemed pretty clear they wanted a riot. One station at 5 stated as a fact Sequatchie was the one making the call, did not state it as "some SM fans believe" or something similar, terribly irresponsible journalism. I'm betting they hear about it if they haven't already; they didn't have the position of the main person reportedly involved right, showing even more ignorance. Another tonight brought it up again, saying "they're denying that" but by his tone of voice it's obvious he didn't believe it. Stuff like that is a main reason so much was built up for the game. Yet another (same station as the 5 pm report) blamed the close first half on SM coming out flat, not Seq playing well especially on defense, stopping SM on fourth down and taking advantage to get points. He wasn't even there but it had to be something for one of the teams he clearly pulls for to not be rolling.

Edited by Indian
  • Upvote 1