DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way Harding beats USJ in jackson? I think all of the quarterfinal games will be tough. I'm not sure that all of the home teams will win.

In the first round, SBEC has already won @ FA. TRA has already won @ FACS. Harding should roll over RCA and I have no idea about BB @ JCS. Lausanne shouldn't have any problems with whoever wins that one at home since they have handily beaten both already this year. I don't see ECS having any trouble with the winner of FA/SBEC and even though SG has a recent 1 point win over both FACS/TRA, I think they will make the necessary adjustments as they seem well coached.

Harding/USJ seems like the best match-up in the quarter finals and like I said, I won't be surprised at any outcome. USJ was a CLEAR 2 seed as they had two shots @ SG and didn't have an answer. Harding could just as well have been the 1 seed and probably a better team late than the other two.

Guess that's why they play the game and FYI, if history proves itself, USJ gets NO favors at home.

Good luck to you guys.

Coach Ramsey always has his DCA team play hard in the tournament. They beat Ezell by 20 tonight to advance to the semi-finals. Congrats Wildcats!

Looks like the ole ball coach has some left in the tank.............

Ezell fans have to be disappointed. A good run last year, and then bounced out 1st round of region action, I'm sure not the way the Eagles and company wanted to end the season.

Looks like the ole ball coach has some left in the tank.............

Ezell fans have to be disappointed. A good run last year, and then bounced out 1st round of region action, I'm sure not the way the Eagles and company wanted to end the season.

Congrats on a great win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats on a great win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Officiating - Where did it go? I used to be an official before I retired a few years ago due to bad knees, my age and I have been fortunate enough to see several games this year. I enjoy traveling from gym to gym throughout the week to see a good basketball game. I have been shocked at every game I've attended to see the caliber of the officiating that these Teams are dealing with and how the officiating crews have become non existant. Last night for I was invited to go and watch the DCA game at Ezell (it was my 4th DCA game this year) to see this matchup between a young coach at Ezell and the old ball coach at DCA (I had heard about the Jenkins, Teague and Gee players from Ezell) and I wanted to see how they played. I was shocked to see how fast the officials took Ezell out of the game. DCA was playing aggressive, and no fouls were being called against them (the old ball coach was sitting on the bench chewing on his towel just like when I wore the stripes) and within 2 minutes the Gee kid (one of the best point guards I've seen this year) picked up two quick ones and had to sit out for the rest of the quarter. DCA continued to push, undercut, and set moving screens with nothing being called against them and finally took the lead and never looked back after Gee fouled out (on a few questionable calls). I was shocked when I overheard one of the officials say that they aren't looking for moving screens tonight.... or it's not my call... my partner missed another one... I thought "what happened to watching the entire floor guys and calling the game?"

Hold on officiating crew.. a foul is a foul. The old ball coach got out with a win at the expense of the officials and numerous no calls and the helter skelter style of play that makes DCA who they are... The best Team didn't win on this night from what I could see, the Ezell Team came up against a buzz saw and 3 officials who forgot how to call the game with integrity (these were 3 seasoned officials mind you). It's great to see a Team play with discipline, poise, and the never give up attitude like Ezell did and I tip my hat to you, you are a very well coached Team. Way to go guys, you played as well as you could against an 8 man Team.

Maybe I need to come back out of retirement, if the old knees could handle it..... I believe I could do as good a job as these guys did and not even try. Maybe they need to retire as well. Bad officiating is not good for the game we all love to watch.

Good luck down the stretch DCA...

Officiating - Where did it go? I used to be an official before I retired a few years ago due to bad knees, my age and I have been fortunate enough to see several games this year. I enjoy traveling from gym to gym throughout the week to see a good basketball game. I have been shocked at every game I've attended to see the caliber of the officiating that these Teams are dealing with and how the officiating crews have become non existant. Last night for I was invited to go and watch the DCA game at Ezell (it was my 4th DCA game this year) to see this matchup between a young coach at Ezell and the old ball coach at DCA (I had heard about the Jenkins, Teague and Gee players from Ezell) and I wanted to see how they played. I was shocked to see how fast the officials took Ezell out of the game. DCA was playing aggressive, and no fouls were being called against them (the old ball coach was sitting on the bench chewing on his towel just like when I wore the stripes) and within 2 minutes the Gee kid (one of the best point guards I've seen this year) picked up two quick ones and had to sit out for the rest of the quarter. DCA continued to push, undercut, and set moving screens with nothing being called against them and finally took the lead and never looked back after Gee fouled out (on a few questionable calls). I was shocked when I overheard one of the officials say that they aren't looking for moving screens tonight.... or it's not my call... my partner missed another one... I thought "what happened to watching the entire floor guys and calling the game?"

Hold on officiating crew.. a foul is a foul. The old ball coach got out with a win at the expense of the officials and numerous no calls and the helter skelter style of play that makes DCA who they are... The best Team didn't win on this night from what I could see, the Ezell Team came up against a buzz saw and 3 officials who forgot how to call the game with integrity (these were 3 seasoned officials mind you). It's great to see a Team play with discipline, poise, and the never give up attitude like Ezell did and I tip my hat to you, you are a very well coached Team. Way to go guys, you played as well as you could against an 8 man Team.

Maybe I need to come back out of retirement, if the old knees could handle it..... I believe I could do as good a job as these guys did and not even try. Maybe they need to retire as well. Bad officiating is not good for the game we all love to watch.

This is one of the most laughable,thinly veiled posts I have ever seen on these boards.

You have been to several DCA games this year? Why have you been to four DCA games since you are obviously partial to Ezell? This is your first post on these boards and it is over a region quarterfinal game you just "happened" to come upon? I doubt this is your first post since you knew exactly where to go to express your "unbiased" outrage. Old ball coach? What is this 1953? Are we to believe you are just an old cager looking for some good clean competition on a boring Tuesday night? Old official with bad knees? More like a sour parent with hurt pride. I am sure that 21 point play the officials called in the fourth quarter really turned the game. Please. Blaming officials in a close game can be understood if not condoned, to pretend you are some random visitor to these boards when in fact you are a disgruntled Ezell parent or coach who wants unabashedly blame officials in a 20 point loss is embarrassing and ridiculous. Come on, give the DCA boys their due and leave the officials out of this one.

On another note -

FRA boys will play Knoxville Webb in the early game on Friday. I expect this one to be closer than the 26 point win FRA had in Knoxville a few weeks ago.

DCA will play tonight's USN/Davidson winner. With Hodge back (right or wrong?) USN should handle Davidson. I doubt they will have an easy time with DCA though. DCA has a ton of leadership and poise and with the young guys filling in place of the tragic Joy injury they could really do some damage this weekend. Should be fun.

Great season to all. Sad to see a good Ezell team out of it, and Zach's career come to an end. He, and Corey, have been great players.

Seriously..............blaming the officials for a 20 point beatdown is embarrassing. From the looks of the score, Ezell's former coach could teach Ezell's current coach a few things.

I have 3 points to make about Monday's Game

1. Look if you where at the same game I was at it was easy to see that DCA was the more physical team. I have seen DCA play a few times this year and that's how they play. They reach, hold, push, set illegal screens, and cause confusion. Ezell is more of a finesse team. So if the officiating crew lets DCA play phyiscal it plays into thier hands no matter the opponent. Especially when they are hitting from the outside like they were Monday. I have also seen about 30 other teams play this year and yes the officating has gotten inconsistent, but that wasn't the reason DCA won Monday.

2. DCA won the game because they played better. They bodied up on Gee, Teague and Jenkins and made the other Eagle players beat them. Great game plan by Coach Ramsey, also lets congratulate Coach Farmer on winning 20 games his first season. Ever since Coach Ramsey has been at DCA his teams play Ezell tough no matter the talent on either side.

3. The atmosphere was a great one for high school game, but some of the parents on both sides need to learn a lot about sportsmanship. Stop telling kids from the opposing team that they "suck" or "your terrible" parents are better than that and should know better. I know there was an incident in the Ezell crowd at the first game as well. This is a kids game and lets let the kids enjoy it.

I have 3 points to make about Monday's Game

1. Look if you where at the same game I was at it was easy to see that DCA was the more physical team. I have seen DCA play a few times this year and that's how they play. They reach, hold, push, set illegal screens, and cause confusion. Ezell is more of a finesse team. So if the officiating crew lets DCA play phyiscal it plays into thier hands no matter the opponent. Especially when they are hitting from the outside like they were Monday. I have also seen about 30 other teams play this year and yes the officating has gotten inconsistent, but that wasn't the reason DCA won Monday.

2. DCA won the game because they played better. They bodied up on Gee, Teague and Jenkins and made the other Eagle players beat them. Great game plan by Coach Ramsey, also lets congratulate Coach Farmer on winning 20 games his first season. Ever since Coach Ramsey has been at DCA his teams play Ezell tough no matter the talent on either side.

3. The atmosphere was a great one for high school game, but some of the parents on both sides need to learn a lot about sportsmanship. Stop telling kids from the opposing team that they "suck" or "your terrible" parents are better than that and should know better. I know there was an incident in the Ezell crowd at the first game as well. This is a kids game and lets let the kids enjoy it.

Wow. Parents at a "christian" school heckling 16-17 year old boys? Whatever happened to cheering for your team? I've seen it routinely from rural/county schools (mostly football). It's a sad thing to witness. Any chance they were yelling at the refs instead of the boys?