Science Hill - Dobyns Bennett

TopperFootball

True, but you cannot call other teams mediocre when your team has been the epitome of mediocrity, all you have done in the past few years is beat up on some 5A teams, and I can remember just the year before last when you couldn't even do that. I know you D-B fans say that the size of the schools doesn't matter, but their is a reason why we have two different playoffs. All i am saying is before you start patting yourselves on the back go out and win something worth bragging about.

:blink:

:popcorneater:

True, but you cannot call other teams mediocre when your team has been the epitome of mediocrity, all you have done in the past few years is beat up on some 5A teams, and I can remember just the year before last when you couldn't even do that. I know you D-B fans say that the size of the schools doesn't matter, but their is a reason why we have two different playoffs. All i am saying is before you start patting yourselves on the back go out and win something worth bragging about.

DB certainly isn't the epitome of mediocrity. Playoff mediocrity is more like it. And I'd say winning the conf year after year is something to brag about. They make it look easy and there's something to be said about that. I think once SH rises to DB's level it will help both teams tremendously in the playoffs. It gives both teams a bar to get above. So while beating a team 17 years in a row seems nice, its better to have competition, esp around here with the dearth of 6A teams.

DB certainly isn't the epitome of mediocrity. Playoff mediocrity is more like it. And I'd say winning the conf year after year is something to brag about. They make it look easy and there's something to be said about that. I think once SH rises to DB's level it will help both teams tremendously in the playoffs. It gives both teams a bar to get above. So while beating a team 17 years in a row seems nice, its better to have competition, esp around here with the dearth of 6A teams.

You are 100% correct my friend. I would like to beat you guys another 17 years though. But by 1 or 2 points each game.

We beat South year before last. Although not as bad as we did in 2006 when the score was 44-0.

We have had a good time this week and the bottom line will be played out thursday night.This is the biggest game for both teams every year and pride is on the line.Beating the only other big school in the area means what it should have meant for the last thiry years"every Year".When this game is over,I wish Science Hill all the best come playoff time.Just like when our kids over here come up to DB after fighting it out in middle school,our kids will be going to college and working together for years to come.I look forward to a great game and know this is Science Hills first team in years that really thinks they will pull a victory.DB knows they are good,and we on coacht know SH is very good.I hope again that neither team gets stuck by the stripes,and the best team with spears on their helmets win.

You have got to be the King of your pride before you can be King of the Jungle.....and being a King is much better than being a subject!!!

Edited by LGVol

These DB fans besides Waco have given some outrageous scores. Where's all the hill fans at?? Y'all do realize that this is SH's best team in 15+ years. We killed sevier county in both of our scrimmages against them. You can't predict scores on who each other has beaten. It's whoever wants it more that night. And partly the refs. I say this will be closer to a six point spread going In DB's favor. My prediction on the other hand, 21-14 Science Hill! Enjoy the game guys

You do know scrimmages don't count, right? DB beat Sevier County in a pre-season 7 on 7 tourney. Should they be allowed to count that?

You have got to be the King of your pride before you can be King of the Jungle.....and being a King is much better than being a subject!!!

lion.jpg?w=300&h=200

Funny you should use that analogy. I did a little research into the King of the Jungle.

Their life expectancy in the wild averages from 15 to 18 years, and in captivity from 25 to 30 years. They live longer in captivity due to the fact they do not have to hunt or fight, and they are protected from any other unforseen dangers.

Their life expectancy in the wild averages from 15 to 18 years,

If you consider your Kingdom (Big 8) the wild then it would be time for a new King as your reign would be coming to an end.

and in captivity from 25 to 30 years.

If you consider your Kingdom (Big 8) to be captivity (which I find closer to the truth, cuz not many in this area are skilled enough to exit this "game" reservation) then at least you have 10 to 15 more years of dominance.

They live longer in captivity due to the fact they do not have to hunt or fight, and they are protected from any other unforseen dangers.

Seems like in this land of captivity your reign lasts because you do not have to hunt or fight. You are protected from the unforseen dangers of Maryville (somebody had to say it cuz it's the only rebuttal this area has, for now).

:blush:

Edited by RebelConvert

lion.jpg?w=300&h=200

Funny you should use that analogy. I did a little research into the King of the Jungle.

Their life expectancy in the wild averages from 15 to 18 years, and in captivity from 25 to 30 years. They live longer in captivity due to the fact they do not have to hunt or fight, and they are protected from any other unforseen dangers.

Their life expectancy in the wild averages from 15 to 18 years,

If you consider your Kingdom (Big 8) the wild then it would be time for a new King as your reign would be coming to an end.

and in captivity from 25 to 30 years.

If you consider your Kingdom (Big 8) to be captivity (which I find closer to the truth, cuz not many in this area are skilled enough to exit this "game" reservation) then at least you have 10 to 15 more years of dominance.

They live longer in captivity due to the fact they do not have to hunt or fight, and they are protected from any other unforseen dangers.

Seems like in this land of captivity your reign lasts because you do not have to hunt or fight. You are protected from the unforseen dangers of Maryville (somebody had to say it cuz it's the only rebuttal this area has, for now).

How old was Mufasa when Scar threw him off that cliff?

You do know scrimmages don't count, right? DB beat Sevier County in a pre-season 7 on 7 tourney. Should they be allowed to count that?

I don't think anyone's counting anything. Scrimmages are good indicators of talent level since so little game planning or film study happening before hand and the use of backups to gauge depth. 7 on 7 actually has little indication of how successful you'll be since it's basically flag football. But SH did handle SC very well in their scrimmages, point being that their defense matches up very well against their offense (3-3 stack vs Spread)