10AA Basketball

coachrus

Not all that surprising with Wharton moving in and having a healthy Cook back this year. Currently, without Richard and Blackwell not playing, looks like they are about 8 deep with Johnson being the 9th man, but I don't know how many quality minutes he plays in a tight game (if there is such a thing). But they still have more than plenty for HS basketball. They can put a team on the floor that is bigger and stronger at every position. No one has the size and strength of either Lindsey or Howell on the interior nor with Bradshaw or Allsmiller on the perimeter. No one can match their overall athleticism and skill and no one has proved they can even guard them. They penetrate either with dribble or pass and find the open man at will possession after possession. What surprises me is how small the district has been over the last few years. Outside of CPA where are the quality big men? Any even in the region or state at 2A? If not, CPA has to be the favorite. Any other team have at least 2 DI prospects and I am not talking low D1. If not, CPA has to be the favorite.

Why is Blackwell not playing?

Tonight CPA thumped Maplewood, MLK stunned David Lipscomb, Stratford defeated Whites Creek, and East Literature knocked off Hume-Fogg.

I'm anxious to see how Pearl-Cohn measures up to CPA tomorrow evening. The Firebirds are playing really well and the Lions have proven to be the district's "cream of the crop".

From what I know Lipscomb was without at least one of the starters inside. They're not very deep on the front line.

And do he and Richard return by tournaments to truly give them 10 deep?

IDK, but heard Blackwell was sickness, not injury, so would assume he would come back soon. Have never really heard the updated status of Richard's rehab from injury. I feel for the kid as he had so much promise going into this year, and he has not been able to play. Must be very frustrating to just sit and watch. Hopefully, he will be back at some point and able to get back on his game.

One good thing is that if you lose a bit of conditioning while you are out, you don't have to play a lot of stretch of minutes when you come back due to CPA's depth. They rotate so much everyone can stay fresh.

Bradshaw was in the training room after the Maplewood game and seemed very disoriented when he came with his parents to center court for his Senior Night recognition. He was not able to speak to the fans.

On Blackwell, it's my understanding he has been ruled ineligible by the TSSAA for the rest of the season. I would assume it has something to do with his transfer, but that is a guess not a fact.

Bradshaw was in the training room after the Maplewood game and seemed very disoriented when he came with his parents to center court for his Senior Night recognition. He was not able to speak to the fans.

On Blackwell, it's my understanding he has been ruled ineligible by the TSSAA for the rest of the season. I would assume it has something to do with his transfer, but that is a guess not a fact.

If that is true (on Blackwell) it would have been nice if the TSSAA had made that ruling before they let him play in the six games or so that he played in during January!

If that is true (on Blackwell) it would have been nice if the TSSAA had made that ruling before they let him play in the six games or so that he played in during January!

Isn't it more the school's responsbility to certify eligiblity rather than TSSAA, so don't know if it is necessarily the TSSAA allowing to play. Plus, should not be a case where being ruled ineligible for rest of season. Either you are eligible to play a semester or you are not. If you are ineligible then should not have played in any games. If an ineligible player plays then it becomes a scenario where wins are vacated which should affect regular season standings and tournament seedings. If I am an opposing coach and that does not happen, I would not be very happy.

Edited by kbrks

Isn't it more the school's responsbility to certify eligiblity rather than TSSAA, so don't know if it is necessarily the TSSAA allowing to play. Plus, should not be a case where being ruled ineligible for rest of season. Either you are eligible to play a semester or you are not. If you are ineligible then should not have played in any games. If an inelible player plays then it becomes a scenario where wins are vacated which should affect regular season standings and tournament seedings. If I am an opposing coach and that does not happen, I would not be very happy.

Interesting scenario going into the end of the season and tournament time!

Isn't it more the school's responsbility to certify eligiblity rather than TSSAA, so don't know if it is necessarily the TSSAA allowing to play. Plus, should not be a case where being ruled ineligible for rest of season. Either you are eligible to play a semester or you are not. If you are ineligible then should not have played in any games. If an inelible player plays then it becomes a scenario where wins are vacated which should affect regular season standings and tournament seedings. If I am an opposing coach and that does not happen, I would not be very happy.

I agree 100%. If this young man is not eligible to play then every game that he did play in should be vacated. Signal Mountain had to "bite the bullet" during football season and I'm sure they have to have supporters looking at this asking "what do you do about CPA?".

If CPA were forced to vacate the wins then that would put them at #8 in the district and they'd open the district tourney against #1 East Literature (under this scenario). Tha would be a "nightmare" for Class AA basketball in the midstate because those 2 teams are considered to be among the Top 3 in the area (along with Spring Hill).