10AA Basketball

coachrus

I did see this, but I didn't think the game was called in favor of either team, there were bad calls both ways as usual. There was a very obvious goaltending on a CPA shot that was not called.

On another note, I saw that Lindsey and Bradshaw were named as 2 of the 3 finalists for Mr. Basketball in AA. I'm slightly surprised, but I think they are both well deserving. The other finalist is Brandon Cole from Stone Memorial. I know nothing of Cole, but I think Bradshaw is the most deserving among the CPA players. What are your thoughts? Does it hurt CPA's chances to have 2 finalists?

As I understand it, these are the three top vote-getters. Vote is over, Now only to announce the winner

Lindsey's shot did not go in (I just watched it), Brown tipped it in (after the foul had been called). It should have been a 2 shot foul and no basket. It is bad when you have 3 officials and none of them make the correct call- but this is the second time in 2 weeks (other time also in a 10-aa district game) I have seen them count a basket that wasn't made!

Thanks - were you able to tell by just watching it "if" the points were put on the scoreboard correctly?

Thanks - were you able to tell by just watching it "if" the points were put on the scoreboard correctly?

Couldn't tell from watching the video- but announcer said basketball counted- and I was there and did see them put the 2 points on scoreboard once the official gave the signal to the scorekeeper it was good. Somebody else mentioned the possible goal-tending by EL later in the game- haven't watched that- but at the time I thought it looked like goal tending.

Wow....some people never get beyond what they are.

From earlier posts I thought you were possibly retard (uncommon spellin' for 'retired,' but common for Southern-speak; nevermind, you probably wouldn't understand anyway), but now I know you're not. You're a psycho-logist. Ever used this one on a patient: 'I'm schizophrenic and so am I?'

'Player Father,' huh? Isn't that supposed to be 'Player'S Father?' Nice! You're right, though, some people never do get beyond what they are OR were...:P

From earlier posts I thought you were possibly retard (uncommon spellin' for 'retired,' but common for Southern-speak; nevermind, you probably wouldn't understand anyway), but now I know you're not. You're a psycho-logist. Ever used this one on a patient: 'I'm schizophrenic and so am I?'

'Player Father,' huh? Isn't that supposed to be 'Player'S Father?' Nice! You're right, though, some people never do get beyond what they are OR were...:P

I will spare you the time to deal with this Dad1, 5 sport dad is indeed an idiot.....no need to give him any more attention. Go back to Greenbrier....

Couldn't tell from watching the video- but announcer said basketball counted- and I was there and did see them put the 2 points on scoreboard once the official gave the signal to the scorekeeper it was good. Somebody else mentioned the possible goal-tending by EL later in the game- haven't watched that- but at the time I thought it looked like goal tending.

What is known is the officials counted a basket for CPA it should not have and if an obvious goaltending call was missed, one could make the case those two cancel each other out and no team gained an advantage. There are those who think the EL player blocked/made contact with the ball first which made it hit against the backboard and happened so fast it looked like goaltending, but was not. (As opposed to if he had hit the ball after it hit the backboard which is goaltending.) A missed judgment call in the flow of play not quite the same as giving a team two points in what amounts to a dead ball situation since clock was stopped and officials had time to make the right call. In a close game, whose to say giving a team a basket when it shouldn't doesn't affect the outcome. Does it only affect the outcome if it happens at the end of a game? Even though frustrating, one of those things a team has to be able to overcome since when an official decides to blow the whistle and what decision is made by the official can be anyone's guess.

Does anyone know where sectional games are hosted? Stratford is host site for Region, but do they also host the Sectional Championship. Seems like last year it was at Vol State in Gallatin after Regionals were hosted elsewhere.

It is my understanding that the Region champions host the sectional game. However there is a restriction for gym size. In 2008 CPA won region, and hosted Creek Wood in the sectional game, but the game was played at David Lipscomb because CPA's gym didn't meet the size requirement. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but if not I assume CPA would do something similar if they win the region tourney this year.

Yep...you have it all figured out.

I did see this, but I didn't think the game was called in favor of either team, there were bad calls both ways as usual. There was a very obvious goaltending on a CPA shot that was not called.

On another note, I saw that Lindsey and Bradshaw were named as 2 of the 3 finalists for Mr. Basketball in AA. I'm slightly surprised, but I think they are both well deserving. The other finalist is Brandon Cole from Stone Memorial. I know nothing of Cole, but I think Bradshaw is the most deserving among the CPA players. What are your thoughts? Does it hurt CPA's chances to have 2 finalists?

I think you can assume that the bad call cost East Lit one point (assuming that Lindsey would have made both free throws as he was perfect from the line all night long). The bad goal tending call cost CPA two points as the ball clearly was coming off the backboard. Net difference is one point against CPA.

Edited by coachrus

It is my understanding that the Region champions host the sectional game. However there is a restriction for gym size. In 2008 CPA won region, and hosted Creek Wood in the sectional game, but the game was played at David Lipscomb because CPA's gym didn't meet the size requirement. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but if not I assume CPA would do something similar if they win the region tourney this year.

Since I posted this I learned that the gym size restriction has changed, and CPA will be able to host sectional if they win the region tourney.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes this isnt right for 2 players from one team to have this honor..there are multiple choices TSSAA took away from another deserving player in AA ..suppose CPA brought this too ??