Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

AMEN -- one game at a time! We don't need any jinxes.

That said, the Wildcats have strengthened as the year progressed, and I still think we would have had a good shot at beating Powell if the QB hadn't been injured before the half. I'm looking forward to this game (and there are some good eats in the Athens area).

I also believe OR/Maryville game would have been a more competitive game with Zulliger(sp) playing. He seems to be a real leader on the team. Hate to hear the MC QB is out for the game, that makes my pick a lot easier.

OR 21

McMinn 10

One at a time...but would love to see another Maryville/OR rematch. Good luck Wildcats!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, this isn't gonna be a lay me down game for OR. It's just from what i have seen and i have seen both teams in person, that OR has the better talent overall. Mcminn i thought had a pretty tough D when i saw them play Farragut, but they could hardly move the ball on Farragut. We lost to Farragut, but it wasn't because we couldn't move the ball on them. For some reason we couldn't stop their running game at the time. It would be different now, if we played i think. Plus, with Mcminn's QB being out, that is just asking way too much of a frosh to come out and win his first game a playoff game albeit and beat a pretty daggone good team in OR. I don't see it happening. Plus, I think OR's seniors remember a chilly November night back in 2009 in Athens TN.

McMinn had four turnovers and some ill-timed penalties (negating a TD and a long pass play to the 8 yard line) against Farragut, which really hampered their ability to score. Stat-wise, McMinn had a lot more yeards that Farragut, but if you don't score stats are worthless.

Beside McMinn's Senior QB being out (and that's a HUGE loss), their #1 running back (and one of the best defenders) will probably miss yet another game because of his nagging turf-toe imjury.

I agree that Oak Ridge has improved a lot since their early losses to state-ranked teams, so other than "hope" for the Cherokees, I think the Wildcats win this one.

Congratulations on a fantastic season McMinn, one of the top 8 teams in the State! Your reward, a first round match up with Smokeridge! Thanks TSSAA...nice.

Good Luck Ridgers, I'm still holding out hope for a Rd 4 match up!

Would be a lot of fun...... but I'm kinda worried about McMinn Co. right now. I think they're gonna end up being a handfull at home.

McMinn had four turnovers and some ill-timed penalties (negating a TD and a long pass play to the 8 yard line) against Farragut, which really hampered their ability to score. Stat-wise, McMinn had a lot more yeards that Farragut, but if you don't score stats are worthless.

Beside McMinn's Senior QB being out (and that's a HUGE loss), their #1 running back (and one of the best defenders) will probably miss yet another game because of his nagging turf-toe imjury.

I agree that Oak Ridge has improved a lot since their early losses to state-ranked teams, so other than "hope" for the Cherokees, I think the Wildcats win this one.

===================================================================================

what a time for a senior to lose discipilne?? ,with best rb out Ima having to go with the improving Cats..