Dresden vs Mckenzie

ysoangry

Interesting round 1 game this week. The Lions would like nothing more to come to our house and get a W. Saw them last week against the Stangs and again was impressed with the D, in the first half anyway. Stangs have a tendacy to make any team they play look weak. Should be another great game between us two. I don't think there will be to much love in this one so let's get it on and may the best REBELS I mean team win to face the Vikings next week.

Oh and Amber, get back to work............. :roflol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gaitlin Hatchel Is A Player. And Dresden Has Been Improving Every Year...I Wish Them Great Success!...But!...Not At My Rebels Expense! :roflolk:

Gat is a great player and the Dresden team as a whole has improved tremendously! Friday night will be a whole different ballgame than the last time. Our boys are well prepared and errors should be low. The rebels are definitely going to have to play better than they did the last time to beat us Friday Night. It will be a great game to watch but I think the Lions will own the W at the end! DRESDEN LIONS ALL THE WAY!!! :flower:

Gat is a great player and the Dresden team as a whole has improved tremendously! Friday night will be a whole different ballgame than the last time. Our boys are well prepared and errors should be low. The rebels are definitely going to have to play better than they did the last time to beat us Friday Night. It will be a great game to watch but I think the Lions will own the W at the end! DRESDEN LIONS ALL THE WAY!!! :flower:

Hey? I Heard Ole Timmy Hit Gatlin With His Backhoe. Or Did Gatlin Try To Tackle It?

But On A Serious Note...I Hope He's Ok...Need To Call His Granpa..He'll Know! :roflolk:

It's a shame that 2 good teams like Dresden & McKenzie have to meet again in the 1st round of the playoffs while Riverside (4-6) gets a bye and homefield advantange in the 2nd round. That being said, I hope my Lions can cut down on the penalties & turnovers from the last meeting with the Rebels and play up to their ability. We'll be there cheering loud & proud trying to match that of the Rebel Nation fan base. We wish the rest of Lion Nation would catch the fever your fans have. Go Lions.

It's a shame that 2 good teams like Dresden & McKenzie have to meet again in the 1st round of the playoffs while Riverside (4-6) gets a bye and homefield advantange in the 2nd round. That being said, I hope my Lions can cut down on the penalties & turnovers from the last meeting with the Rebels and play up to their ability. We'll be there cheering loud & proud trying to match that of the Rebel Nation fan base. We wish the rest of Lion Nation would catch the fever your fans have. Go Lions.

i Wish the Lions Club Would Let Ya'll Have Your Own Concessions, So We Can Have Some Salt And Pepper Up In That Place! :roflolk:

i Wish the Lions Club Would Let Ya'll Have Your Own Concessions, So We Can Have Some Salt And Pepper Up In That Place! :roflolk:

The concession stand issue is a joke at Dresden. Yes the "Rotary" club paid for the field in 1973 or whatever year it was. You cant tell me in the 40+ years, they haven't made their money back. Last weekend some Rotary Club members were complaining about Dresden tailgaters taking money out of their pockets by giving away food in the parking lot. First of all, I think that's the first time anyone from Dresden has tailgated at any game that I know of, I commend the parents that did and hope it catches on next year. Second the Rotary should turn the concessions over to the Dresden athetlics and let them have the money to improve the field and buy equipment for the team. It's a shame that parents and local busineses have to pay for these things when no telling how much money is passed through the concession stand.

Enough of my ranting. Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugeek:

Edited by ysoangry

Thankfully a few parents took it upon themselves to start the Dresden Quarterback Club. They should be commended for all the hard work they've put into it. I'm hoping the tailgating will catch on at Dresden and we can fill the parking lot before each home game next year. The excitement the players see from the fans transpires onto the field.

Humboldts defense is stout and they dont have the predictable offense as the last time they played mckenzie

McKenzie will be a different team from the one ya'll played before too if we survive this meeting with Dresden again. Humboldt got acceptable props in this thread but at the same time it has nothing to do with Humboldt so save it 'till next week and address whoever you're gonna be playing. If all our players are good to go I would like our chances aagainst the Vikings this time but...................

We have the Lions to worry about this week!!! :popcorneater:

GO REBELS!! :hungry:

Thankfully a few parents took it upon themselves to start the Dresden Quarterback Club. They should be commended for all the hard work they've put into it. I'm hoping the tailgating will catch on at Dresden and we can fill the parking lot before each home game next year. The excitement the players see from the fans transpires onto the field.

The Quarterback/Touchdown club has been a fixture in McKenzie since the early to mid 70's. They/we have done wonders for the athletics in McKenzie during that time. As far as I know our band receives the revenue from the concessions. BUT it all goes back into the school programs.

Tailgating has been standard proceedure before Rebel games for years but nobody complains that I've ever heard. It's all part of the spectacle of Friday night football in my eyes. And I still drop a few $$ in the concession stand wherever we play!!!

If tailgating ain't goin' on it ain't football in the south. Heck me and some of my buddies even go to a Nashville Predators hockey game or two every season and we tailgate in a public parking lot. We ain't been arrested yet but we keep in kinda on the down low.

And you are very correct, when the players see this it inspires them beyond words to produce for their fans. Words can't describe the boost support gives the kids.

Edited by duckman38201

McKenzie will be a different team from the one ya'll played before too if we survive this meeting with Dresden again. Humboldt got acceptable props in this thread but at the same time it has nothing to do with Humboldt so save it 'till next week and address whoever you're gonna be playing. If all our players are good to go I would like our chances aagainst the Vikings this time but...................

We have the Lions to worry about this week!!! :popcorneater:

GO REBELS!! :hungry:

Ah fooey - I thought I heard Humboldt being mentioned over hear. We'll just prepare for whoever - since yall just quit talking about us. :roflol:

Good Luck see yall next week in the "Boldt"