Knox West Rebels Playoff Quad

westrebel20

WHat's that BBQ place nearby---DeadEnd BBQ, or something like that?? See, we get out from time to time.

There is a (Sullivan) South helmet in DeadEnd BBQ as well as (Knox) West. I took it as a silent tribute. It put a lump in my throat and I immediately knew what it represented.

sullivan-south-tn.gif

Edited by Red Rebels

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Boone wins this one because they have nothing to lose.i watched last years game' Boones mistakes cost them the game.officiating was one sided, not crying here,interception in the end zone, ball was traped, that call changed the game.enough about last year this years game will be close.

Anthony Bright has a deep bruise on his knee, no torn ligaments. He will not play this week, but if West wins, he will likely be available for round 2. Flood and Boseman will get the job done this week.

Kat, Thank you so much for the update...I was praying for Anthony and am glad to know he should be good to go next week. I have respect for Daniel Boone but these boys from West are on a mission. Many of them were crying on the sidelines of that cold night in Columbia...I maybe wrong but I think West comes out focused and wins by 14...

Go West!

Glad to hear Bright is going to be O.K. West should be fine for the first couple of rounds, but it might be difficult to duplicate last year's playoff run. I'm not sure it was fully appreciated just how much having a steady, veteran QB played into the success of that 2010 team. Hope to see an inspired, injury-free game on Friday.

Sutherland Avenue may not be the best part of town, but it is NOT ghetto. WOW people in N East Tenn need to get out more.

Funny thing is that the West school zone is the 2nd richest zip code in Knox County. 37909, 37919 are part of the West zone. School just sits where it does but there are more money in Sequoyah Hills and Westmoreland Estates with million dollar homes than in entire Grey, TN area. I'm pretty familiar with upper ET and that is a fact. Not that I really care about an idiotic comment like was posted...I just think it's funny.

All of this is true but, West is a title 1 school at the same time. That means more than 50% of our students are on free or reduced lunch. So, West is made up of the haves and the have nots, there's no middle ground. And the funny thing about it is everybody gets along great, regardless of their home situation.

Funny thing is that the West school zone is the 2nd richest zip code in Knox County. 37909, 37919 are part of the West zone. School just sits where it does but there are more money in Sequoyah Hills and Westmoreland Estates with million dollar homes than in entire Grey, TN area. I'm pretty familiar with upper ET and that is a fact. Not that I really care about an idiotic comment like was posted...I just think it's funny.

Its actually Gray, TN.... Not Grey lol