Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

Was wishing for a great xmas gift from the KCHS admin but it seems they are going to be a scrouge and keep suitcase meadows around, I for one would say if I knew that the majority of people in my program wanted me to leave and had no respet for me I would go on my own, tells you allot about a guy that stays around for the money. lots of folks upset or just saying they will not continue going to games and such, its a shame considering where we were with the continued success season afetr season, I guess the easiest way to submarine a program is to find a coach that you can stand behind regardless of the cost. Great job ADMIN.

Glad to see you've put your fine Catholic education to use. I'm guessing you must have spent your English period in Coach Branson's office.

I was wondering why doesnt Catholic High Schools in TN have more dominate programs when compared with states like Ohio, Penn., NJ., and my home state of California? Does Tn not have the Catholic populations or are the rules with tssaa a hinderance for programs like Knox Catholic. A school with obvious great individual talent but maybe not as a whole. I have seen this with Father Ryan, Pope John Paul and Notre Dame. Just wondering-Thanks

I was wondering why doesnt Catholic High Schools in TN have more dominate programs when compared with states like Ohio, Penn., NJ., and my home state of California? Does Tn not have the Catholic populations or are the rules with tssaa a hinderance for programs like Knox Catholic. A school with obvious great individual talent but maybe not as a whole. I have seen this with Father Ryan, Pope John Paul and Notre Dame. Just wondering-Thanks

Just drive a 10 block area in any town in Tn and count churches. You will find 'about' a 100 to 1 ratio of Protestant Churches vs Catholic ones.

For example Murfreesboro is the 5th largest city in Tn. St Rose is IT here vs 2 United Pentecostal and I cannot even begin to count Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc, etc......

can't speak to why its that way but, I can say for KCHS, we have hired a guy that took a program that players wanted to come to, to one that players can not wait to leave, KCHS at one time had over 100 players on the team now we are lucky to see 70, must be something causing that turn around.

• 2 weeks later...

Meadows had three years to implement an effective system,and the talent required to do so. If you can't coach pass protection, route running, and QB play in that period of time, with that talent; something is wrong. Other coaches have had far greater success with far less talent. You should know. You had one who did it right there. You lost Wharton because his dad was run off, and he had a teaching "position."

Your young talent is average as compared to other young talent in the area. They are more experienced now, but that doesn't make for better players...see UT's OL. Your 8th grade team went 3-5, and was well off the pace of Harding Valley, CBFO, and West with whom you'll compete with for talent. Your Jr. Midget & Pee Wee teams were very good, but it is unlikely the talent on those teams will stick through 8th grade and beyond. Hardin Valley, West, Farragut, and Bearden (for the time being) all provide a better opportunity for playing on a successful program. That's just the public schools. Webb and CAK have better feeder programs, and obviously better high school programs. Grace has a better high school program, and is well on the way to having a very good feeder program. The fact of the matter is that the administration does not want to have the school perceived as a "football factory." That is fine. They should just be honest about so that the expectations of families and kids are in alignment with the goals of the school.

7th grade team is very good. They have a record of 54-7, they've played for the county championship every year since 2nd grade. Their stud is Anthony Scott. His dad coaches basketball at Catholic, so he will be attending KCHS. There are a lot schools in the area as well as Nashville and Chattanooga that would love to have him a part of their programs. Luke Smith, Haydn Tanner, Jake Coffey, John Kerbyson, Richard Despersio, and Nate Adkins, will be attending Catholic as well. The 6th grade team was just as good. The future of Catholic football looks bright. It'll take a while but it will get turned around.

7th grade team is very good. They have a record of 54-7, they've played for the county championship every year since 2nd grade. Their stud is Anthony Scott. His dad coaches basketball at Catholic, so he will be attending KCHS. There are a lot schools in the area as well as Nashville and Chattanooga that would love to have him a part of their programs. Luke Smith, Haydn Tanner, Jake Coffey, John Kerbyson, Richard Despersio, and Nate Adkins, will be attending Catholic as well. The 6th grade team was just as good. The future of Catholic football looks bright. It'll take a while but it will get turned around.

No doubt that team has been good but they are playing with a whole lot of kids that will NOT be attending KCHS, and I know for a fact if there is not a new HC Kerbyson will not play there. doesn't matter what players we get we have a HC that needs to go, I attened a party over xmas break and a whole lot of the EXSISTING players were present and almost all that had anything to say said the same thing they wish that a change would happen because its not much fun playing for a coach like they have, just saying

No doubt that team has been good but they are playing with a whole lot of kids that will NOT be attending KCHS, and I know for a fact if there is not a new HC Kerbyson will not play there. doesn't matter what players we get we have a HC that needs to go, I attened a party over xmas break and a whole lot of the EXSISTING players were present and almost all that had anything to say said the same thing they wish that a change would happen because its not much fun playing for a coach like they have, just saying

Would be surprised to see Kerbyson elsewhere since he has a family member on the staff, just saying??????

QSouth89.

A 7th grade team with all the talent in the world does not translate to success. Too many variables over a 3-4 year period. Lets take your comments at face value though, and give you that all those kids wind up at Catholic. Does that equate to a better performance? Below is the talent that Meadows had in 2009 & 2010.

KCHS Class of 2009

Tyler Williamson Bowling Green #28

Dorian Cozart UT Knoxville #29

Spencer Mackle UT Chattanooga #83

Reed Bacon UT Memphis #26

KCHS Class 2010

Zach Cooper University of Charleston #72

Joey Gaston United States Naval Academy #69

Kyler Kerbyson University of Tennessee #77

Alex Saah Lindsey Wilson College #63

Cody Shirley Virginia Military Institute

Mike Wegzyn University of Massachusetts #11

Spencer Roth Baylor University #36

Dominic DiGiovanni Emory & Henry

Jonathan Pfleger Emory & Henry

Chase Fox Emory & Henry

That data is from the Knoxville Catholic Football website. Two years & fourteen kids playing on Saturdays. One or two play-off wins during those two years. 2008 produced five kids that are playing on Saturdays and Catholic won a state championship. Meadows was handed a cupboard that was stocked, and squandered it. What makes you think that with the talent you believe will go to Catholic that Meadows will develop them into a championship team?

QSouth89.

KCHS Class of 2009

Tyler Williamson Bowling Green #28

Dorian Cozart UT Knoxville #29

Spencer Mackle UT Chattanooga #83

Reed Bacon UT Memphis #26

I just have to say this...as a vol fan no one refers to UT as UT Knoxville in regards to football & the other, it is MEMPHIS University, they are not a UT affiliate.