Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

QSouth89.

A 7th grade team with all the talent in the world does not translate to success. Too many variables over a 3-4 year period. Lets take your comments at face value though, and give you that all those kids wind up at Catholic. Does that equate to a better performance? Below is the talent that Meadows had in 2009 & 2010.

KCHS Class of 2009

Tyler Williamson Bowling Green #28

Dorian Cozart UT Knoxville #29

Spencer Mackle UT Chattanooga #83

Reed Bacon UT Memphis #26

KCHS Class 2010

Zach Cooper University of Charleston #72

Joey Gaston United States Naval Academy #69

Kyler Kerbyson University of Tennessee #77

Alex Saah Lindsey Wilson College #63

Cody Shirley Virginia Military Institute

Mike Wegzyn University of Massachusetts #11

Spencer Roth Baylor University #36

Dominic DiGiovanni Emory & Henry

Jonathan Pfleger Emory & Henry

Chase Fox Emory & Henry

That data is from the Knoxville Catholic Football website. Two years & fourteen kids playing on Saturdays. One or two play-off wins during those two years. 2008 produced five kids that are playing on Saturdays and Catholic won a state championship. Meadows was handed a cupboard that was stocked, and squandered it. What makes you think that with the talent you believe will go to Catholic that Meadows will develop them into a championship team?

Willy1 it's hard to argue with data provided. With the past success that Coach Meadows had, I thought it was great hire for the Irish. I was shocked when I heard Pemberton left. I heard different stories as to why he left also, but that's all water under the bridge now. KCHS went from 3A to 5A (for playoffs) but plays half their games against 6A schools (Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, William Blount and Heritage). You add West, LC and Webb to your schedule and that's an incredible hill to climb. Many of the 6A schools in that district rarely plays kids both ways. I still remember in 3A the QB from Fulton (Winters) playing linebacker. I never saw Robinette play defense for Maryville or Browning when he played for Farragut. I'm not making excuses because I know most high schools play their best athletes both ways. Only time will tell it's unfortunate that today's society is all about what have you done for me lately.

Willy1 it's hard to argue with data provided. With the past success that Coach Meadows had, I thought it was great hire for the Irish. I was shocked when I heard Pemberton left. I heard different stories as to why he left also, but that's all water under the bridge now. KCHS went from 3A to 5A (for playoffs) but plays half their games against 6A schools (Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, William Blount and Heritage). You add West, LC and Webb to your schedule and that's an incredible hill to climb. Many of the 6A schools in that district rarely plays kids both ways. I still remember in 3A the QB from Fulton (Winters) playing linebacker. I never saw Robinette play defense for Maryville or Browning when he played for Farragut. I'm not making excuses because I know most high schools play their best athletes both ways. Only time will tell it's unfortunate that today's society is all about what have you done for me lately.

just look at facts time is going to do nothing but hurt our program, as some have said on here the admin DOESN'T care about the sports so what better way to crush a program then bring a coach in that your top supports wants out, logic PLEASE

just look at facts time is going to do nothing but hurt our program, as some have said on here the admin DOESN'T care about the sports so what better way to crush a program then bring a coach in that your top supports wants out, logic PLEASE

I don't understand your logic in saying the Admin has no interest in sports. That statement couldn't be further from the truth. Mr. Sompayrac's kids are all heavily involved in several sports, his wife coaches the boys middle school bball team, etc. The AD is a former college football player who also coaches track. The only logic to any of your argument is that Coach Pemberton is no longer there. He left of his own free will for what he felt was a better opportunity. Maybe he was mad Kevin Smith was let go but the Admin certainly didn't run him off. I loved Coach Pemberton and thought he did a great job. My son was an All-State player at Catholic in the one year he played football. He was very supportive in letting him play basketball while football was still on-going.

• 2 months later...

Catholic is getting turf and track up grades, it will start going in the day after graduation, 100,000 square feet of artifical turf....who says the Irish don't support athletics (school and parents) FYI

What-no more broken sprinklers for a flooded home field advantage? Shocking-their broken sprinklers will be missed!!!!

Catholic is getting turf and track up grades, it will start going in the day after graduation, 100,000 square feet of artifical turf....who says the Irish don't support athletics (school and parents) FYI

So, at $4-$5 per square foot installed the Irish are going to spend in excess of $400K to create a greater disparity in athletic ability and speed between themselves and their competition? Brilliant.

Are they switching to Canadian Rules at KCHS? I think the big end zones will actually help us more than the home team. I hope no one runs into the goal post. :roflol:

So, at $4-$5 per square foot installed the Irish are going to spend in excess of $400K to create a greater disparity in athletic ability and speed between themselves and their competition? Brilliant.
The field at Catholic is not in the greatest of conditions. Usually in late October and early November, that field is basically colored mud. So instead of spending money every year to lay down new grass (that doesn't hold), why not purchase the synthetic turf? They've needed a new track for years. Very brilliant, the last time I checked kids don't choose a school for the grass. With all that's going on in the world, I was shocked that it was even mentioned in the papers and on the news. Not to mention Grace and Maryville as well. Football is that big in the south huh? Edited by QSouth89

Wow great news for the players and the school, to bad we are spending so much on up grading our field and still have the same direction with our program, if your up grading the facility go ahead and up grade the coaching, I guess suitcase will stay to ride that check as long as possible.

First of all parents are donating all the money, so I guess they are pretty happy with how things are going.

Second of all we up graded our coach when we replaced the last one. Just like we up graded our competition when we went to 5A (while playing in a mostly 6A district)