Knoxville GCA breaks ground on new Stadium Field and refurbished Stadium

12thmanGCA

Should change to school name to Grace Football Academy,much more fitting. I don't care what they have,they just need to grow some nads and play up. The little small schools they play have NOTHING in common. Arrogance greed and power not very becoming either. I'm sure my opinion is shared by many.

praying for you, man....

Any program that is found guilty of TSSAA rule violations should be punished. I personally am in favor of post season suspensions. The real issue I have with private schools playing in Division I is the fact that they do have something to offer that public schools do not. Like you said, they charge tuition to attend their school, & that opens up a potential draw. Being privately operated they can offer things to students that most public's cannot. If they want to add courses or integrate certain technologies into their environment they have much less red tape to cut through. I believe in a lot of cases (but not all by any means) that private schools offer an environment that allows students to be better prepared for college & post-grad programs. With that said you made a point that is, at least partially, at the root of this discussion. Momma & Daddy want junior to have the best educational opportunity but cant afford to pay the note. Luckily Junior can throw, catch, run, block, or kick very well. He's doing just fine at xyz junior high then coach whoever catches wind of him, says hey Mr. & Mrs. Junior's parents I can get your baby the best & he will still get to play football, let's just keep it under our hats. Next thing you know Junior is lighting up the Friday Nights beating the dog squeeze outta the high school his old junior high was a feeder for. Now what "draw" did the public high school he was planning to attend have in comparison? Probably not much of anything unless it was in a small percentage of public's in the state. Bottom line is as long as private's are allowed to play in public divisions this will be a concern. Junior gets "something for nothing" & the private school gets an edge on their public competition.

Now you've got a discussion. What's your thoughts? :popcorneater:

how do you feel about school vouchers? we have been trying to get Tennessee legislators to offer vouchers so parents may pick and choose which schools to send their children to. some parents would choose music, art, science, academics over sports, soccer, golf, football, track... wouldn't that be the best way to do things? also, we all know competition is best for everything- if you make a better product you will get the customers. The same applies to schools. Make a better product, i.e. athlete or scholar, you get the dollars. And FYI, private school teachers are paid considerably less than public school teachers yet turn out better products. keep in mind that parents, many who sacrifice to send their children to private schools, also continue to pay their fair share of taxes that support public schools so they actually pay twice for their child's education. How about an open school policy for publics? why should your residency matter if you choose to drive 2 hours a day to get your child to school in another school district? fair is fair, no?

how do you feel about school vouchers? we have been trying to get Tennessee legislators to offer vouchers so parents may pick and choose which schools to send their children to. some parents would choose music, art, science, academics over sports, soccer, golf, football, track... wouldn't that be the best way to do things? also, we all know competition is best for everything- if you make a better product you will get the customers. The same applies to schools. Make a better product, i.e. athlete or scholar, you get the dollars. And FYI, private school teachers are paid considerably less than public school teachers yet turn out better products. keep in mind that parents, many who sacrifice to send their children to private schools, also continue to pay their fair share of taxes that support public schools so they actually pay twice for their child's education. How about an open school policy for publics? why should your residency matter if you choose to drive 2 hours a day to get your child to school in another school district? fair is fair, no?

Difficult to compare educating children who's parents care enough to sacrifice like that to educating children that barely make it to school because of their drug addicted loser parents. I am not sure that "product" assesment is valid. Let's compare the children of equal situations and we will see that the educational results will be about the same. Good kids, good parents, good motivation = good grades and test scores.

Difficult to compare educating children who's parents care enough to sacrifice like that to educating children that barely make it to school because of their drug addicted loser parents. I am not sure that "product" assesment is valid. Let's compare the children of equal situations and we will see that the educational results will be about the same. Good kids, good parents, good motivation = good grades and test scores.

Not disagreeing with you, but there are parents that sacrifice in public and private.

Drug addicted loser parents are found in all categories also....Drugs are a HUGH problem in the richest and poorest of homes. Some are just able to cover it up better and for longer.

Good kids are usually a product of a good home....

Social status doesn't matter

Not disagreeing with you, but there are parents that sacrifice in public and private.

Drug addicted loser parents are found in all categories also....Drugs are a HUGH problem in the richest and poorest of homes. Some are just able to cover it up better and for longer.

Good kids are usually a product of a good home....

Social status doesn't matter

Very few sorry parents are gonna pay the tuition it costs to attend a private school. But yes we do have plenty of good parents whose kids attend public schools. The percent would be alot higher at the privates.Teachers in public schools are also pretty much handcuffed.They are sort of us when were talking to askme in some cases,trying to educate rocks.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Granny,include my entire family. Thats where I put my trust and hope. I may say a few words for your church,there might be something more pleasing to our maker than a new expensive football field. Just saying.

On the surface you may be correct but we have no idea just how the new field is funded; also, if the football program brings students to Grace and ultimately brings them to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and as a result God's message is spread throughout our country and world, it is certainly money well spent, IMO. My grandchildren played little league football, went to Saint Mary's School in Oak Ridge, and chose Grace because of its Christian and academic programs. It is not my church. The football program was just beginning years ago with Coach Satterfield and the boys now play college football with full scholarships and are also active in Christian Athlete organizations. It was also a family financial choice/burden to send them to a Christian school as well as an academically challenging one. It serves no purpose to denigrate a school's athletic program just because it is Christian and/or private. TSSAA prints quarterly a long list of infractions by many different schools, public and private. Grace should strive to do better as should all schools but, as we know, athletics is competitive and often emotions run high, getting folks in trouble. Let's remember these are kids and make certain they learn good life lessons from their respective schools whether public or private.

On the surface you may be correct but we have no idea just how the new field is funded; also, if the football program brings students to Grace and ultimately brings them to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and as a result God's message is spread throughout our country and world, it is certainly money well spent, IMO. My grandchildren played little league football, went to Saint Mary's School in Oak Ridge, and chose Grace because of its Christian and academic programs. It is not my church. The football program was just beginning years ago with Coach Satterfield and the boys now play college football with full scholarships and are also active in Christian Athlete organizations. It was also a family financial choice/burden to send them to a Christian school as well as an academically challenging one. It serves no purpose to denigrate a school's athletic program just because it is Christian and/or private. TSSAA prints quarterly a long list of infractions by many different schools, public and private. Grace should strive to do better as should all schools but, as we know, athletics is competitive and often emotions run high, getting folks in trouble. Let's remember these are kids and make certain they learn good life lessons from their respective schools whether public or private.

Not bad at all Granny.

That all sounds good and is probably what you honestly believe is going on at GCA, BUT you are probably nieve to how competitive of a business religion and private schools have gotten. Churches that size aren't simply makin enough money to pay the light bill someones getting rich!! I wouldn't think the lord would appreciate anyone using a church to get wealthy.