perry co. v. huntingdon

hoofbeat

We know what did/could have happened if we wouldn't have used illegal players. How long are you going to beat this dead horse? Seems to be getting old.

I'm going to "beat it" as long as I keep hearing from posters wanting to "blame" the TSSAA about the Quad seedings! If Perry County wants to be a number 1 seed in the future in this OR a different Quad...follow these simple steps. First, allow only players to compete that are deemed eligible by the TSSAA and do not allow them to do anything that may violate or revoke that eligibility! Secondly, do not get "taken to the shed" by Wayne County! Thirdly, if the Vikings can not successfully follow suggestions 1 or 2...then move your school's campus to Obion, Lake, or Dyer County....there they might stand a better chance of earning a first round bye or at least a home playoff game! I certainly hope these things help the Vikings in the future!

I'm going to "beat it" as long as I keep hearing from posters wanting to "blame" the TSSAA about the Quad seedings! If Perry County wants to be a number 1 seed in the future in this OR a different Quad...follow these simple steps. First, allow only players to compete that are deemed eligible by the TSSAA and do not allow them to do anything that may violate or revoke that eligibility! Secondly, do not get "taken to the shed" by Wayne County! Thirdly, if the Vikings can not successfully follow suggestions 1 or 2...then move your school's campus to Obion, Lake, or Dyer County....there they might stand a better chance of earning a first round bye or at least a home playoff game! I certainly hope these things help the Vikings in the future!

Im not blaming TSSAA for PCs faults. Im saying the playoff system is flawed. And it is. A #1 seed in one Quad should not have 3 losses when a #3 seed in another Quad only has 1.

Im not blaming TSSAA for PCs faults. Im saying the playoff system is flawed. And it is. A #1 seed in one Quad should not have 3 losses when a #3 seed in another Quad only has 1.

I agree its the same way in 2a but worse there is a 4-6 team that has 2nd seed. Its riverside in quad 3 they have the worst record between all 6 teams. And I think I get what your tryin to say about how in this quad we have 2 10-0 teams and a 9-1 team, If i understand right your saying huntingdon or one of the other top teams should have been placed in quad 4 to make a bigger game at semi to draw a bigger crowd which in turn brings in more money to all involved, which I agree with completly. However I do have to say the way they have it is pretty fair it just sucks how it played out this year, but we are guarenteed some good football for quad 3.

I agree its the same way in 2a but worse there is a 4-6 team that has 2nd seed. Its riverside in quad 3 they have the worst record between all 6 teams. And I think I get what your tryin to say about how in this quad we have 2 10-0 teams and a 9-1 team, If i understand right your saying huntingdon or one of the other top teams should have been placed in quad 4 to make a bigger game at semi to draw a bigger crowd which in turn brings in more money to all involved, which I agree with completly. However I do have to say the way they have it is pretty fair it just sucks how it played out this year, but we are guarenteed some good football for quad 3.

What im saying is IF Wayne Co was to win Quad 3 with a 10-0 regular season record its ridiculous that they will have to drive 3+ hours to play Lake County who has a 7-3 record IF Lake County wins Quad 4. That is the best Example of flawed if I've ever seen one.

Ok Guru...now you and I understand each other a little better. Therefore, you and I will have a short discussion here about this very topic. I too agree that "it's not perfect" ...YET..there MUST be some "reward" no matter how strong or how weak, nor how many teams or how few teams compete...for winning a specific district. With that said...looking at Quad 4...tell me "under this system" how you think Quad 4 should be arranged.

Ok Guru...now you and I understand each other a little better. Therefore, you and I will have a short discussion here about this very topic. I too agree that "it's not perfect" ...YET..there MUST be some "reward" no matter how strong or how weak, nor how many teams or how few teams compete...for winning a specific district. With that said...looking at Quad 4...tell me "under this system" how you think Quad 4 should be arranged.

I believe as close as West Carroll and Huntingdon are together you send West Carroll to Quad 3. Makes for a all around better playoff bracket.

If Perry County hadn't have played 2 illegal players earlier in the season...they would have had a home game! The "FACTS" are that they were "seeded correctly" no matter where they traveled or how many losses Perry County has. The Vikings are fortunate not to have had to forfeit those games instead of merely vacating the wins! Your teams wasn't the only team that traveled last week! Know the "facts" before you pop off!

What fact did I have wrong? I never said we shouldnt have had wins taken away . What did I say that my facts were wrong. I know that brown stuff on your nose was TSSAA dookie. Only fact I know is true. How many teams traveled 2.5 hours last week? The new TSSAA plan was suppose to save folks money. You smell alot like booty.

What fact did I have wrong? I never said we shouldnt have had wins taken away . What did I say that my facts were wrong. I know that brown stuff on your nose was TSSAA dookie. Only fact I know is true. How many teams traveled 2.5 hours last week? The new TSSAA plan was suppose to save folks money. You smell alot like booty.

Several teams traveled over 2.5 hours...as they did in 1985 when there were only 3 classifications. There is NO PLAN that will eliminate travel. That is simply a "ploy" by the TSSAA (does this sound like "brown nosing") to get some to buy in to their plan. If I have any "aroma" at all...it will be the smell of accuracy and factual information, not that of the smell of "my team got hosed", "my team had to travel", "my team should be a top seed", "that team should be in a different Quad", etc!

Furthermore...did your team win last week? Did your team's fans not enjoy visiting another campus? Did you eat at a restaurant not native to your hometown? Did your team not receive the SAME amount of the gate as the team hosting? Is your team preparing for another game this week? In short...there are several teams from Memphis to Bristol that do not have the same opportunity this week as yours...be thankful!