Nashville Christian @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Hey oldraiderfan I sure hope the Gordonsville team over looks #7 and NCS. Your right he's not that good. He only has 609 yards in the last 5 games. This game will be much closer than what others have expressed here. Gordonsville Please Please over looke NCS.

NCS had a problem of turning the ball over earlier this year.. They have started 3 different players at QB and have look really good at times only to fall apart and throw interceptions at the worst times. They can move the ball on offensive but have turned it over to much. With 4 turnovers against Clarksville Academy it made very difficult to win. But still only lost 28 to 16. Alos against Harpeth one of the better 2A schools in the state NCS was tied 14 to 14 with 4 minutes to go in the game. They were driving about to score and then turned it over and some how gave up 21 unanswered points in less than 4 minutes.

They have a very solid Defensive Line that will attack the ball. The Eagles are pulling it together at the right time for the playoffs and look like a totally different team. If NCS protects the ball and limits the turnovers NCS has a very good chance of beating Gordonsville.

Their coach Jeff Brothers should not be discounted he is a winner and will have the Eagles ready to play this Friday. As a quarterback at Brentwood Academy, he helped guide his team to two straight state championships (1987 and ’88), with the ’88 team finishing with a No. 7 ranking by USA Today.

Let the smack talk continue.

I can promise you have not seen the Defense you will see this coming Friday night. Because of this your scoring opportunities will be very limited. Offensively you must prepare for both run and pass. Pick your poison. We have multiple running backs who will come at you and go by you. If you load up to stop the run and go one on one with receivers you will be beaten. Both lines of scrimmage will favor Gordonsville. I respect each opponent we play I am just being realistic. In regards to Coach Brothers, I watched him play in his day and he was outstanding. The problem is he has no playing eligibility left so his playing days will have not bearing on this one. Have a safe trip to Turney Ford Field Friday night. We look forward to hosting you.

I say Gordonsville wins BIG, BIG, BIG.

Turnovers, phantom pass interference calls and no calls by the officials, missed tackles, poor pass defense, and crucial mistakes by special teams players killed any real chance MC had to win last night. MC shot thmeselves in both feet more than once!! MC had not played this bad all year and still had a slight chance to win at the end. Congratulations to the raiders on a great year. Already looking forward to next year.

I think so too. Gordonsville will mercy rule the 2nd and 3rd round opponent. There is only one team in the east that can possibly play with Gordonsville this year.

Mr. Ambassador, we both know that possibly is not the way to put this. Gordonsville and South Pitt will be a close, hard fought game that I believe could come down to who has the ball last or which defense comes up with the biog stop or turnover. Time will tell. Good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you at Turney Ford Field.

I think so too. Gordonsville will mercy rule the 2nd and 3rd round opponent. There is only one team in the east that can possibly play with Gordonsville this year.

I think you're right Ambassador.That's not a knock on Nashville Christian because I think G'ville would do the same thing to my devils.

We have to remember these are teenage boys though,so you never know what can happen on any given Friday.