Nashville Christian @ Gordonsville

croz6110

I got to see Nashville Christian play against Moore County, and I thought they played with a lot of grit and determination. A couple of times it looked like things were going against them, but they didn't get down or give up. Kudos to the Eagles. Hard earned win. I look forward to seeing them at the Jungle Friday night. I've seen every G'ville game this year, and I expect the crowd will be good and loud. I expect the Tigers to take care of business without too much difficulty. Interesting that both teams have a key player named Brandon McCoy. My guess is that "Cowboy" will get acquainted with his namesake early and often.

Good luck to both teams. Play hard and clean...but best luck to the Tigers.

Alos against Harpeth one of the better 2A schools in the state NCS was tied 14 to 14 with 4 minutes to go in the game. They were driving about to score and then turned it over and some how gave up 21 unanswered points in less than 4 minutes.

I hope you are joking. Harpeth IS NOT one of the best 2A teams in the state for two reasons. One is that they are a 3A school. The other is that they struggled last night with an average Sequatchie County team. Harpeth IS NOT the definition of good.

Hey oldraiderfan I sure hope the Gordonsville team over looks #7 and NCS. Your right he's not that good. He only has 609 yards in the last 5 games. This game will be much closer than what others have expressed here. Gordonsville Please Please over looke NCS.

NCS had a problem of turning the ball over earlier this year.. They have started 3 different players at QB and have look really good at times only to fall apart and throw interceptions at the worst times. They can move the ball on offensive but have turned it over to much. With 4 turnovers against Clarksville Academy it made very difficult to win. But still only lost 28 to 16. Alos against Harpeth one of the better 2A schools in the state NCS was tied 14 to 14 with 4 minutes to go in the game. They were driving about to score and then turned it over and some how gave up 21 unanswered points in less than 4 minutes.

They have a very solid Defensive Line that will attack the ball. The Eagles are pulling it together at the right time for the playoffs and look like a totally different team. If NCS protects the ball and limits the turnovers NCS has a very good chance of beating Gordonsville.

Their coach Jeff Brothers should not be discounted he is a winner and will have the Eagles ready to play this Friday. As a quarterback at Brentwood Academy, he helped guide his team to two straight state championships (1987 and ’88), with the ’88 team finishing with a No. 7 ranking by USA Today.

Let the smack talk continue.

My guess is Gordansville wins big also if M C could pick and choose its players from across the state like the private schools do but we cant we have to play the cards dealt to us.

I hope you are joking. Harpeth IS NOT one of the best 2A teams in the state for two reasons. One is that they are a 3A school. The other is that they struggled last night with an average Sequatchie County team. Harpeth IS NOT the definition of good.

Harpeth did win last night whatever the score was, to advance to the second round. I am sure the Indians are happy with a “W†with a score of 28 to 14. Sequatchie County plays a pretty solid schedule with South Pit and Bledshoe County. Curious to see how Moore County would do playing those two teams.

Harpeth is above average and is a decent team and will face a very tough Pearl-Cohn team next Friday.

My guess is Gordansville wins big also if M C could pick and choose its players from across the state like the private schools do but we cant we have to play the cards dealt to us.

I hope everyone continues to discount NCS. They are a very small school with 190 kids in the entire highschool. Getting to pick and chose players from across the state. Now that is funny.

Every school NCS plays has many more players and pool of athletes to pull from. Here is a list of several other private schools that NCS has to compete with that are less than 10 miles away from thier campus: Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, CPA, and one public school Hillwood.

On paper NCS is always smaller and over matched. If Gordonsville has a lead they better not let up. Cause the Ealges will not stop playing and will not lay down.

I hope everyone continues to discount NCS. They are a very small school with 190 kids in the entire highschool. Getting to pick and chose players from across the state. Now that is funny.

Every school NCS plays has many more players and pool of athletes to pull from. Here is a list of several other private schools that NCS has to compete with that are less than 10 miles away from thier campus: Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, CPA, and one public school Hillwood.

On paper NCS is always smaller and over matched. If Gordonsville has a lead they better not let up. Cause the Ealges will not stop playing and will not lay down.

If they did not let up...you'd be on Fryday night complaining about them not having class...cuz they'd hang 70 on ya. roflol.gif