Dresden vs Humboldt

87vikingalumni

We hate boys basketball in dresden...all our basketball players on the team are fired up to stay away from it for another few weeks! Dresden was picked to finish 5th in the preseason in district 13. We were picked to lose to Westview, West Carroll, McKenzie big, and now humboldt. The lions are hitting on all cylinders right now and Gatlin figured out "needy not greedy" when throwing. We have 8 films on humboldt, nothing will be a surprise. If you whoop us, its because your a better team. If we whoop you, the same. No westview excuses. The best team will win as long as the refs don't do their drama queen "look at me" bullpoopie. :hungry:

Wow 8 film now is all that necessary to prepare for "lil ol Humboldt" :roflolk:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to the Vikings. Humboldt plays very physical football,plus they have a ton of speed and quickness...they physically abused us (Jo Byrns) when we played them.

Thanks, Red. We enjoyed the trip to your place (such nice folks!), and we have been rooting for you ever since. Hate that you were knocked out of the playoffs, but I anticipate you bouncing back. Have a good offseason and spring practice!

Both teams play their best, I believe turnovers decide it. Its going to be a war. Two hard hitting defenses. I wish we could move it up to wednesday :hungry: Fry me some bologna! I'm ready for some fuzzzball

Fuzzzzball rules, Hit'em in the mouth Lions. Be good to see all 3 Weakley Co teams move on to yet another round.

Ok, Vikings. Have a great week of practice! Ready to see you have your best game of the season this Friday. Everyone doing his job, no turnovers, smashmouth football, physical, smart, disciplined, focused rage, determination, energized, executing plays, punishing, speed, versatility, precision, excellence, brotherhood, Humboldt pride, victory. The Viking faithful will be behind you 100%! We are proud of you!! :thumb:

Glad to see Hog so vocal this week, thought you had moved to some foreign land. Really like the Insane Lion Posse, not that anyone from dresden knows where the name actually comes from. It fits the loud crowd nicely.

Don't know anything about Humboldt except they are: bigger, stronger, faster, better looking, smell better, have prettier teeth and from what I hear, better dancers than the Lions are. Although it's been said Raymer will be on dancing with the high school football stars one day.

Lions in another unlikely upset 28 to 21.

Glad to see Hog so vocal this week, thought you had moved to some foreign land. Really like the Insane Lion Posse, not that anyone from dresden knows where the name actually yicomes from. It fits the loud crowd nicely.

Don't know anything about Humboldt except they are: bigger, stronger, faster, better looking, smell better, have prettier teeth and from what I hear, better dancers than the Lions are. Although it's been said Raymer will be on dancing with the high school football stars one day.

Lions in another unlikely upset 28 to 21.

Should be a good game but don't see the Vikings giving up 28, if they do then I would be shocked!

Humboldt fans, if you can't make it to the game on Friday, it will be broadcast live on WTGP 97.7fm. Stan Gerard will provide the the play by play coverage of what is shaping up to be one of the premier games in the state this coming Friday. The pregame show will begin at 6:30 and the kickoff is at 7pm. You can also listen in via the internet at Dresden at Humboldt football link. The link will become active right when the pregame show begins.

Remind your friends and family the Humboldt playoff football will be on the radio!

I hope you enjoy the broadcast.

One again thank you for broadcasting the Vikings. I am sure all the folks from Humboldt thank you as well! :thumb:

Let's not underestimate Dresden. Many said these same things about McKenzie, and look at how Dresden handled them!

As for our pregame warmups, thanks for the compliment, hog. We try to keep things entertaining from pre-game to post-game! :thumb:

I'm not underestimating Dresden the Lions have good football team! I just saying Dresden does have have enough speed to beat Humboldt or the depth of running backs Humboldt can throw at them! Their QB plays both ways that alone spells trouble for the Lions Friday night. He will get pounded hard come Friday night on both sides of the ball! The Lions simply do not have the athletes the Vikings put on the field and that will show up Friday night!