Dresden vs Humboldt

87vikingalumni

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt will do their talking on the field... All these fans get on here and give their opinion of how they think this game is going to go down, and thats just it... ITS YOUR OPINION!! FACT is, the game wont be played til Friday, and whoever wants it more will go and get it.

As far as Dresden's football team, I dont know much about them..I have heard that they are a great team and will bring it to the Vikings this Friday night...

Humboldt Fans, I love and respect all of you, but the boys will play the game Friday, and we have no need in trying to predict what is going to go down.. Talk is cheap, and especially coming from fans, it doesnt mean a single thing...

I am excited for this game.. I believe that it will be a great playoff football game... I see a great Defensive Football game this week between two great football teams. If they (both teams) were not good, they would not be in this game. I am a Humboldt fan and i ALWAYS will be, but as far as talking all this trash, I just sit back and laugh...it is not doing any good to the boys, just making us fans feel better about our opinions.

to Dresden, good luck and safe travels... you will have your hands full no doubt. Our defense is very aggressive and we play physical.. if you have a good quarterback that can throw the ball decent, you will have success. we have a lot of interceptions this year, but they were against teams with less than average QBs (no offense to anyone). The QBs we played that were decent this year threw multiple touchdowns on us and they were to WIDE OPEN recievers. But to throw the ball, you will have to slow our pass rush down... which is not an easy task at all...

Humboldt will have their hands beyond full this week.. playing an excptional football team and i expect nothing less than their A game.. Since you guys have 8 films on us, i really dont have to say much about our Offense now do i? the factor this week will be our O Line.. We have to keep our blocks for three seconds, just long enough for our speed to bust out...

GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!

Humboldt will do their talking on the field... All these fans get on here and give their opinion of how they think this game is going to go down, and thats just it... ITS YOUR OPINION!! FACT is, the game wont be played til Friday, and whoever wants it more will go and get it.

As far as Dresden's football team, I dont know much about them..I have heard that they are a great team and will bring it to the Vikings this Friday night...

Humboldt Fans, I love and respect all of you, but the boys will play the game Friday, and we have no need in trying to predict what is going to go down.. Talk is cheap, and especially coming from fans, it doesnt mean a single thing...

I am excited for this game.. I believe that it will be a great playoff football game... I see a great Defensive Football game this week between two great football teams. If they (both teams) were not good, they would not be in this game. I am a Humboldt fan and i ALWAYS will be, but as far as talking all this trash, I just sit back and laugh...it is not doing any good to the boys, just making us fans feel better about our opinions.

to Dresden, good luck and safe travels... you will have your hands full no doubt. Our defense is very aggressive and we play physical.. if you have a good quarterback that can throw the ball decent, you will have success. we have a lot of interceptions this year, but they were against teams with less than average QBs (no offense to anyone). The QBs we played that were decent this year threw multiple touchdowns on us and they were to WIDE OPEN recievers. But to throw the ball, you will have to slow our pass rush down... which is not an easy task at all...

Humboldt will have their hands beyond full this week.. playing an excptional football team and i expect nothing less than their A game.. Since you guys have 8 films on us, i really dont have to say much about our Offense now do i? the factor this week will be our O Line.. We have to keep our blocks for three seconds, just long enough for our speed to bust out...

GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!

How many td passes has Humboldt gave up this year? What QB has threw multiple td passes on Humboldt? This pass defense has improved 100 percent since the first of the year! LC,UC,JB,Milan QB's none of them threw any td passes against Humboldt! Trenton QB is the only one that threw 2 against them. The Viking secondary has more picks than td's throwed against them! Please correct me if i am wrong! Please excuse me i am not trying to be smart but have you been watching the same team i have! Yes i agree they have been beat a couple of times. But how many td's have the Vikings gave up in the last half of the season? :unsure:

Edited by zebra99

GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!

Does this mean I can't trash talk any more :?:

GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!

I agree with you 09Viking, game will be played on Friday night. I hope both teams come away with no injuries and all fans have safe traveling to and from game. I hear Humboldt will be the fastest team we will face this year and I know we will be one of the best defenses you play this year. Good luck to the Lions and I hope we have a great turnout for the game and show our support for our team. Dresden, represent your town and fans with your best effort and let's win one for the "CRAZY". Go Lions!

GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!

The most points the Humboldt defense has allowed in one game this year is 15 against Halls, and that was given up by our second string freshman team. So please expalin what team threw multiple touchdowns threw that air? Lake County said the same thing, and we see what happened there. It could come back to field goal kicking, the first team to miss an extra point may lose this game.

:D

GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!

I agree totally. The game will be played Friday night and may the best team win. However it is fun for those of us who don't have to work hard and play the game to talk trash. I haven't seen 8 films on Humboldt but I have seen two and they will be the fastest team we have faced this year. The corners and safety are fast enough to sit back and give a QB a false sense of security right up until he throws the ball and it's a pick six for you guys. My theory is Dresden needs to control the game by running the ball and throw enough short passes to keep you honest. I don't care if we only score 7 points as long as we only allow 6. :D

Go Lions.

McKenzie (I know atleast one but i am thinking it was two), South Fulton, Trenton... Jo Byrns had one... But i will say this...That was when the QB was running around trying to find a reciever. That means that the vikings did in fact maintain coverage for a good amount of time, but when we play against a QB who can move around and avoid the rush and extend the play, thats when recievers get wide open... disagree if you want to, but facts are facts!

How many td passes has Humboldt gave up this year? What QB has threw multiple td passes on Humboldt? This pass defense has improved 100 percent since the first of the year! LC,UC,JB,Milan QB's none of them threw any td passes against Humboldt! Trenton QB is the only one that threw 2 against them. The Viking secondary has more picks than td's throwed against them! Please correct me if i am wrong! Please excuse me i am not trying to be smart but have you been watching the same team i have! Yes i agree they have been beat a couple of times. But how many td's have the Vikings gave up in the last half of the season? :unsure:

lets get real for one second zebra... who have the vikes played that has had a decent QB since McKenzie? no one...The trenton kid hit two wide open recievers for touchdowns but that was about it... We have not been challenged in awhile.. The second part of the season consisted of Trenton, Greenfield, Lake County, Union City...and no offense, they did not a great QB at all... so you correct me if i am wrong and please tell me when we have played a quality QB the second part of the year... I have been to every game this year.. I have watched them play each week and i know what i know... disagree if you want, but the truth is the truth.. I do not want to take any credit away from our secondary because we have indeed been incredible.. but the real credit goes to our pass rush.. most of our interceptions have come when the opposing QB just chunks the ball up and prays for his receiver to catch it...Our pass rush is legit.. I want to give a standing ovation to the new Defensive Coach this year on an excellent season...Great Job Coach!!!

I am not saying this to put all these kids down... I know they play their heart out and that is truly what matters. I am sorry if this offends anyone, i am just trying to prove a point.