Greeneville vs Carter Hornets

BVDevil

I didn't mean easily replaced in the context you are putting it in. I was referring to the devil's depth. Anyways I owe you no explanation.

I understand what you are saying... Walker will not be easily replaced but greeneville has alot of depth in alot of positions .... i watched practice for a moment yesterday and saw Kelby and Brennan at the safety position so i think the devils will make the right decision in replacing walker....

My prayers still go out to his family..

I am sorry as to who I offend. I know and have taught several of these kids. I know the coaches will keep them focused. I just hope they come ready as I know they will. It seems a little more scary for me as each week passes. I truly hope Troy the best and haven't heard anything much since a surgery Sat. morning. Any updates? Is he home? I know they will make adjustments, but I still think the injury will effect the secondary. Our front four and middle will win this game. We are too strong for Carter! Keep on Keepin on! Go Devils.

There is some discussion on the DB thread about “free kicks†(fair catch kicks). I honestly don’t know too much about them, but it seems like it would be a great weapon for Greeneville (with Ogle) if there wasn’t much time left in a half or the game. I've never seen this done until I saw video on that thread.

There is some discussion on the DB thread about “free kicks†(fair catch kicks). I honestly don’t know too much about them, but it seems like it would be a great weapon for Greeneville (with Ogle) if there wasn’t much time left in a half or the game. I've never seen this done until I saw video on that thread.

You must fair catch a punt at the end of a half.

You must fair catch a punt at the end of a half.

Yes, the timing would have to be perfect and you have to actually call for a fair catch and make the catch. But, you could use your timeouts while on defense to possibly force a punt near the end of a half. The chances of using it aren’t very good, but apparently it has been done twice this year in NE Tennessee.

Yes, the timing would have to be perfect and you have to actually call for a fair catch and make the catch. But, you could use your timeouts while on defense to possibly force a punt near the end of a half. The chances of using it aren’t very good, but apparently it has been done twice this year in NE Tennessee.

We use to practice this a couple of times a week under McCurry. Didn't hurt when you had a kicker like Castainca!

Congrats to Mel :thumb: and Rel :thumb: on there nominations as best defensive linemen. You guys are always in the backfield no matter who we play. Both of you deserve it. And I'm sure one of you will win. :popcorneater:

Also Congrats to Dalton Boles. Very Deserving Nomination. But IMO and I'll will say again IMO! I thought he wld be nominated but I do not see him winning. I believe the fellow from Maplewood will win based on level of competition. I also saw on the knoxnews website Boles wasn't acknowledged in our area even tho Mel and Rel were. This is one reason I cannot see him winning because some voters may not consider him on the same level of competition as the other two candidate teams. I wld have to agree based on that IMO! I gave him congrats and based my opinion. Now please don't pick apart and argue with my thoughts.

Congrats to Mel :thumb: and Rel :thumb: on there nominations as best defensive linemen. You guys are always in the backfield no matter who we play. Both of you deserve it. And I'm sure one of you will win. :popcorneater:

Also Congrats to Dalton Boles. Very Deserving Nomination. But IMO and I'll will say again IMO! I thought he wld be nominated but I do not see him winning. I believe the fellow from Maplewood will win based on level of competition. I also saw on the knoxnews website Boles wasn't acknowledged in our area even tho Mel and Rel were. This is one reason I cannot see him winning because some voters may not consider him on the same level of competition as the other two candidate teams. I wld have to agree based on that IMO! I gave him congrats and based my opinion. Now please don't pick apart and argue with my thoughts.

Not being mentioned by Knox news has nothing to do with chances of winning. That is just typical Knox news. As far as him winning, I don't think he will either. I am just glad football is almost over and I won't have to hear the "competition level" crap anymore. You cannot compare Greeneville schedule to county school schedule because they are in 2 different worlds in level of play. WG had the toughest county schedule this year. Cherokee and Onieda are better than any non-conference opponent C-D played and better than all except maybe Rockwood, that SG played. The Maplewood and CAK RB will probably win and by the looks of their stats, that is ok. Good luck to all boys in this county in winning a post season award and good luck to Greeneville, C-D, and NG teams this week.

Well with shuffler back I expect the devils offense to be more explosive. And he'll help out the secondary Alot, with walker being out. The SHARKS are dominating right now, not given up a point in 23 quarters!! They're playin the best defense I've ever seen them play right now! The offense is still high powered and I expect them to execute and dominate Friday night. The devils turn on an extra gear durin the playoffs.

Gville 56.. Carter 6

Not being mentioned by Knox news has nothing to do with chances of winning. That is just typical Knox news. As far as him winning, I don't think he will either. I am just glad football is almost over and I won't have to hear the "competition level" crap anymore. You cannot compare Greeneville schedule to county school schedule because they are in 2 different worlds in level of play. WG had the

toughest county schedule this year. Cherokee and Onieda are better than any non-conference opponent C-D played and better than all except maybe Rockwood, that SG played. The Maplewood and CAK RB will probably win and by the looks of their stats, that is ok. Good luck to all boys in this county in winning a post season award and good luck to Greeneville, C-D, and NG teams this week.

Knox news covers Greeneville about as good as the Greeneville Sun!