Greeneville vs Carter Hornets

BVDevil

Watch out Barb! I predicted the same score and then a couple of obviously loyal fans could not believe I was giving Carter 14. I doubt they question you though because you are also a loyal fan and you also seem to make people look stupid when they question you.

They questioned 14 against the 1st String :thumb: 14 with 2nd and 3rd's in there is not bad at all!

Watch out Barb! I predicted the same score and then a couple of obviously loyal fans could not believe I was giving Carter 14. I doubt they question you though because you are also a loyal fan and you also seem to make people look stupid when they question you.

BVD said it...with Troy out they might chunk it on us a bit.

I'm going with 49-14... I'd think twice before I pitched it to Hall again...probably need to remember he's a DE. I think the Devils own the line again but the Hornets get a couple on reserves.

Hey Barb, not sure how much you really know sometimes, can your old self remember the Greeneville against Elizabethton game last season? Do you remember the interception Jamel had? If you know anything, or saw the play, you would realize that the QB and RB were too close on that play Friday. It's very hard to catch a pitch when you are running full speed and the QB is 2 yds from you. The spacing between was the problem. You must be in from "South Carolina" about every weekend to see or know the things you do.

Greeneville may be better off with a WR at safety when someone is trying to throw, he is someone who is used to seeing the ball and reacting to go get it!

What about Goode? He made some nice tackles on special teams and is quick, good size. Just an idea. I hate to move other positions but understand if we have too.

Any thoughts about who will play safety? I’m assuming it will be Wilson, because I think the previous safety from this year is injured as well. Just wondering what our best options are at that position, since they may want to rotate some players in there to keep them fresh for offense as well.

My guess is Wilson. We will lose some pop with Walker not back there. We will gain some speed though. Carter seems to have a good receiver. I would say Jefferson will cover him and they will roll the safety over to help out. None of that will matter if we can get pressure with our line. Which I think we can. The thing that sticks out to me about carter is it seems like they give up a lot of rushing yards. If that's the case you have to like our o lines chances. I'll say 42-10 devils. Their D is just to strong right now.

Any thoughts about who will play safety? I’m assuming it will be Wilson, because I think the previous safety from this year is injured as well. Just wondering what our best options are at that position, since they may want to rotate some players in there to keep them fresh for offense as well.

MO.. I think the Devils were going to have to look at other options in the secondary any way as we moved along the play off road.. The unfortunate Injury to Walker has just forced us maybe to do it a little quicker. I would not be surprised to see the Devils at times go with a 2 safety set. Wilson and maybe Thornton drops back and Lane fills his spot at OLB. Carter loves to run the sweep as well (alot) and with Thornton and Lanes speed I would guess to say some major collisions at the line on friday night. The boys up front will be the key... they will cause a lot of problems for the carter OL and will spend a lot of time in the Carters back field.. Carters QB will not have the time he had last Friday night to find his favorite receivers.. The Devils handle this game and move on to Round 3! Devils 42-14

MO.. I think the Devils were going to have to look at other options in the secondary any way as we moved along the play off road.. The unfortunate Injury to Walker has just forced us maybe to do it a little quicker. I would not be surprised to see the Devils at times go with a 2 safety set. Wilson and maybe Thornton drops back and Lane fills his spot at OLB. Carter loves to run the sweep as well (al

ot) and with Thornton and Lanes speed I would guess to say some major collisions at the line on friday night. The boys up front will be the key... they will cause a lot of problems for the carter OL and will spend a lot of time in the Carters back field.. Carters QB will not have the time he had last Friday night to find his favorite receivers.. The Devils handle this game and move on to Round 3! Devils 42-14

I just hope that the Carter players and coaches believe that Greeneville is the same as Sullivan East, considered the geography. They will find out real quick Greeneville is the real deal. I'm anxious to see how Carter reacts to someone being very physical and fast at the same time.

MO.. I think the Devils were going to have to look at other options in the secondary any way as we moved along the play off road.. The unfortunate Injury to Walker has just forced us maybe to do it a little quicker. I would not be surprised to see the Devils at times go with a 2 safety set. Wilson and maybe Thornton drops back and Lane fills his spot at OLB. Carter loves to run the sweep as well (alot) and with Thornton and Lanes speed I would guess to say some major collisions at the line on friday night. The boys up front will be the key... they will cause a lot of problems for the carter OL and will spend a lot of time in the Carters back field.. Carters QB will not have the time he had last Friday night to find his favorite receivers.. The Devils handle this game and move on to Round 3! Devils 42-14

How many games u watch? When we go 2 deep Perkins drops back, and lane is not an olb. I could see Jefferson going to safety since tillery had been outstanding at cb. Kelby may, but hollowell may be an option too. I wish walker the best, but he will be easy to be replaced. He's not big on"hitting". I say we control the clock and win 52-7