Ooltewah at Powell

HornedOwl

WOW! You are a complete idiot. You are a total disgrace to your school and your community for making statements like that about the Powell football team. It was very unfortunate that things were taken last night, but as far as I could tell, the Powell players were very busy giving AC a beating and didn't have time to steal anything from your locker room. Hey, I'll bet when the truth comes out, it was someone from Anderson County trying to steal money to support their Meth habit. Isn't that what you people up in the sticks do all the time?

Now then, weren't those comments about as stupid as the ones that you just made? I'm sure nothing has ever been stolen at AC before. Things like this happen at all schools from time to time and we all hate it. I will tell you this......moronic comments like yours don't help the situation at all. But it does help me to realize why we all get so much enjoyment out of watching Powell beat AC into the ground. The reason Lowe wouldn't let his players shake hands is because last year your coaches and players acted like a bunch of thugs after the game. AC had nothing to lose because their crappy 5-6 season was over for them, but Powell had everything to lose....so it was a smart move for Lowe to send his players straight to the locker room after the game.

Now quit wasting everybody's time on this High School Football Play-Off Thread and go watch basketball practice.

We'll see you next year t-spoon. Absolutely no luck to the panthers the rest of the way.

HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ACMAVERICK22

I would have been the first to wish Powell good luck as you may have seen my post earlier doing so but after I have seen the way they operate over at Powell that is not going to happen. It is sad to say that Powell has come to this type of attitude. They were still mad that AC stole there show last year. But really AC did not do that by themselves, it took another team member but they do not see that.

I had my first chance to see Powell running back in motion. He can be stopped. Powell really are one dimensional. Review the Oak Ridge game and Actually the AC game as well. The key with Powell is they know you have to keep all eyes on #2 then that virtually leaves everyone open especially for the deep pass. So not so sure Ooltewah will have this capability but the Columbia’s and Beech will do a number on Powell. Some of the holes that #2 gets any good running back can run one all the way. As is so far when they sweep is the best opportunity for #2. It appears once a hole is open no one is covering the long run. And just a juke or two and anyone with speed is gone. Not very impressed with #2 but I am with the Powell line and the fact no one sees him coming. From the stands you can see this coming way ahead of time. So with some good line and defensive backs then he will be shut down eventually. Plus he has to go both ways so a good offense and you have Powell.

Powell is not the quality of team I would like to see win a state championship and I really do not think they are good enough this year anyway. As with any team you can not take them lightly. I just wish the Powell administration can get there act together in the athletic department; and I am saying that with all honesty; Powell can have a better attitude but it does takes work!

Edited by jeopardyperil

Ooltewah players and coaches make sure you bring a couple of strong boxes to lock your valuables in at Powell. The same thing also happened when Campbell county visited Powell. No wonder Mobley was suspended for the 1st round last year. These team is full of career criminals. Dont expect a handshake win or lose when you play the Powell Thugs and Theives.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Guys a statement like this "WOW! You are a complete idiot". AC#22 and Dad are the utmost class acts. Come on he was just being honest. For some odd reason people are not allowed to be honest. What happen just after the game Friday night was unacceptable. Come on Powell you win a game then you do not shake hands then when AC get back to the locker room destroyed. Come on Guys there is where the Idiots had been. Let just keep it honest, here. And AC#22 pay no mind just a chat board. We all say things we do no mean. Oh and by the way tell you son good game!

Ooltewah players and coaches make sure you bring a couple of strong boxes to lock your valuables in at Powell. The same thing also happened when Campbell county visited Powell. No wonder Mobley was suspended for the 1st round last year. These team is full of career criminals. Dont expect a handshake win or lose when you play the Powell Thugs and Theives.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way these two schools/fans are treating each other, especially the last 3-4 football meetings, is pathetic and embarrassing, and neither team is completely innocent in all of this. Powell and AC have done a LOT of chirping/extra-curricular stuff after the whistle in their head-to-head matchups the last two seasons (it's even spilled over to basketball season), and I hate seeing that stuff. There is no place in sports for that kind of behavior. However, for the first time since their 2009 meeting, both teams actually looked focused for 60 minutes and kept the extra-curricular crap to a minimum (relatively speaking), and that was a welcome sign. Aside from the fight between Toler-Rivera, I was surprised that both teams kept their cool in this game, for the most part.

Every Panther and Maverick fan remembers what happened during post-game handshakes after the playoff game last year. Combine that with the way things shook out in both games this year, I have absolutely no problem with the decision to head straight to the locker room after Friday's game. Both teams already had one player ejected from the game (which automatically makes Powell's ejected player ineligible against Ooltewah), and I'm sure that Coach Lowe didn't want anyone else doing something foolish. Is that classless behavior on Lowe's part? From a AC fan's perspective, more than likely. From a Powell fan's perspective, he's just trying to protect his players. Lowe and Gillum met on the field after the game, and for what it's worth, everything seemed just fine.

Neither one of these teams has an excuse for the behavior that we've seen in recent meetings, and that has to stop. It's not all on the shoulders of Powell, nor is it all on the shoulders of AC. IMO, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the Powell/AC coaches, who can't get control of their players, and the Powell/AC players, who can't control themselves.

I have yet to hear an "unbiased" opinion on this situation. It's been nothing but AC fans pointing fingers at Powell, and vice versa. Let's try and move these comments back to the Powell-AC thread, and keep this thread focused on Powell-Ooltewah.

Edited by osunut2

I would have been the first to wish Powell good luck as you may have seen my post earlier doing so but after I have seen the way they operate over at Powell that is not going to happen. It is sad to say that Powell has come to this type of attitude. They were still mad that AC stole there show last year. But really AC did not do that by themselves, it took another team member but they do not see that.

I had my first chance to see Powell running back in motion. He can be stopped. Powell really are one dimensional. Review the Oak Ridge game and Actually the AC game as well. The key with Powell is they know you have to keep all eyes on #2 then that virtually leaves everyone open especially for the deep pass. So not so sure Ooltewah will have this capability but the Columbia’s and Beech will do a number on Powell. Some of the holes that #2 gets any good running back can run one all the way. As is so far when they sweep is the best opportunity for #2. It appears once a hole is open no one is covering the long run. And just a juke or two and anyone with speed is gone. Not very impressed with #2 but I am with the Powell line and the fact no one sees him coming. From the stands you can see this coming way ahead of time. So with some good line and defensive backs then he will be shut down eventually. Plus he has to go both ways so a good offense and you have Powell.

Powell is not the quality of team I would like to see win a state championship and I really do not think they are good enough this year anyway. As with any team you can not take them lightly. I just wish the Powell administration can get there act together in the athletic department; and I am saying that with all honesty; Powell can have a better attitude but it does takes work!

No offense, JIP, but that appears to be nothing but a bunch of whining and sour grapes.

A couple of counters:

You call Powell a one dimensional team. If you are referring to #2 being that one dimension, are you aware that he only carried the football 12 times on Friday night, yet he gained 228 yard? If you call that one dimensional, then so be it. In fact, he has only carried the football an average of 13.1 times per game this entire season, yet he is has gained over 2,000 yards. That's not very many carries, JIP. To say that Powell is one dimensional is just not accurate. He's not the only player on the team producing offensively.

If the only two games you saw Powell play this year were the 2 Powell-AC games, then you saw him carry the ball a grand total of 26 times for 420 yards - over 16 yards per carry and 9 touchdowns. If your team had a back capable of doing that, would you not give him the football? Sorry you aren't impressed with him, but I guess you know more than coaches - both at the high school and college levels - do. He was offered by Kentucky yesterday, so evidentially somebody believes that he can play. The SEC isn't chopped liver, you know.

If Mobley can be stopped, nobody has figured it out yet. You use Oak Ridge in your argument. Are you aware that he carried the football 20 times in the Powell-Oak Ridge game for 256 yards and 3 touchdowns? That's over 13 yards per carry. That is stopping a running back? I'm sure the folks at Oak Ridge would most likely disagree with you.

If you want to believe that Mobley is all Powell has, then have at it. Opposing coaches will tell you differently, however. There are some pretty good football players on the field with Mobley, several who will be playing at some level of college football over the next few years.

And by the way, Columbia got beat on Friday by Lenoir City so they are eliminated, and for Beech to get to the finals they would have to beat both Gallatin and Henry County. I don't see a Beech team that went 6-4 in the regular season doing that.

Powell has a tough game with a very good Ooltewah team this Friday. They have their work cut out for them, but they are going to show up and play and see what happens.

Most Powell fans, me included, gave AC and its coaches and players a lot of credit for coming to Powell last year in the playoffs and winning. Did Powell fans like it? No, but most gave credit where it was due.

The Powell-AC series over the past several years has quickly become a very heated rivalry. Coach Lowe and Coach Gillum met and shook hands and had a cordial conversation on the field after the game. There was nothing to be gained for either school by doing anything other than what was done.

And one last comment - I don't believe it was you, but somebody in one of the threads dealing with Powell made the comment that AC had more fans at the game on Friday than did the home team. I'll just say this - apparently that person isn't aware that the visiting stands at Powell hold about 1/3 as many spectators as does the home stands. The visiting side wasn't full on Friday, and the home side was.

This is my one and only post on the Powell-AC game. It's time to move forward.

And one last comment - I don't believe it was you, but somebody in one of the threads dealing with Powell made the comment that AC had more fans at the game on Friday than did the home team. I'll just say this - apparently that person isn't aware that the visiting stands at Powell hold about 1/3 as many spectators as does the home stands. The visiting side wasn't full on Friday, and the home side was.

100% agree, HTV. There were a lot of AC fans there, but it wasn't really close. There were a LOT more Powell fans at the game. The visitor's side is much smaller than the home side.

No offense, JIP, but that appears to be nothing but a bunch of whining and sour grapes.

A couple of counters:

You call Powell a one dimensional team. If you are referring to #2 being that one dimension, are you aware that he only carried the football 12 times on Friday night, yet he gained 228 yard? If you call that one dimensional, then so be it. In fact, he has only carried the football an average of 13.1 times per game this entire season, yet he is has gained over 2,000 yards. That's not very many carries, JIP. To say that Powell is one dimensional is just not accurate. He's not the only player on the team producing offensively.

If the only two games you saw Powell play this year were the 2 Powell-AC games, then you saw him carry the ball a grand total of 26 times for 420 yards - over 16 yards per carry and 9 touchdowns. If your team had a back capable of doing that, would you not give him the football? Sorry you aren't impressed with him, but I guess you know more than coaches - both at the high school and college levels - do. He was offered by Kentucky yesterday, so evidentially somebody believes that he can play. The SEC isn't chopped liver, you know.

If Mobley can be stopped, nobody has figured it out yet. You use Oak Ridge in your argument. Are you aware that he carried the football 20 times in the Powell-Oak Ridge game for 256 yards and 3 touchdowns? That's over 13 yards per carry. That is stopping a running back? I'm sure the folks at Oak Ridge would most likely disagree with you.

If you want to believe that Mobley is all Powell has, then have at it. Opposing coaches will tell you differently, however. There are some pretty good football players on the field with Mobley, several who will be playing at some level of college football over the next few years.

And by the way, Columbia got beat on Friday by Lenoir City so they are eliminated, and for Beech to get to the finals they would have to beat both Gallatin and Henry County. I don't see a Beech team that went 6-4 in the regular season doing that.

Powell has a tough game with a very good Ooltewah team this Friday. They have their work cut out for them, but they are going to show up and play and see what happens.

Most Powell fans, me included, gave AC and its coaches and players a lot of credit for coming to Powell last year in the playoffs and winning. Did Powell fans like it? No, but most gave credit where it was due.

The Powell-AC series over the past several years has quickly become a very heated rivalry. Coach Lowe and Coach Gillum met and shook hands and had a cordial conversation on the field after the game. There was nothing to be gained for either school by doing anything other than what was done.

This is my one and only post on the Powell-AC game. It's time to move forward.

No offense taken. Sorry to hear you will not post again. :) Its good to post. Glad to hear Columbia is out of it too! LOL. From my viewing AC were heading out to shake hands and Powell was running into Locker room.

Last year we won and I wanted to say we would have won even if all players were dressed out but did not have that option. If you know what I mean and what I am talking about is in response to one dimensional reply to your rebuttal. Which I understand what you are saying. I came down from Chicago and was at the entire game last year as well.

But it is hard to explain the Locker Room. Maverick fans from my view stayed for the most part, of the entire game and I seen the Powell stands empty late 3rd quarter. Just saying. Of course they were a head but Mav Fans are always there for the Mavericks, win or lose.. Not saying Powell is not just saying we do have Great Fans!

No offense HTV! Good to hear your comments but bottom line these actions are unacceptable for any team, period!

You have a good one the remainder of the season, not so much for Powell after all this mess, in my opinion they do not deserve a Championship (That is just my Opinion) :). of course; we all have one! We will see if they make it.

Let em keep talking about something that happened last week or a year ago,maybe they'll forget about Ooltewah coming to visit friday.

No such luck. It isn't the Powell fans whining about what happened, or didn't happen as the case may be, last Friday. I can assure you that the Powell coaches, players, and fans are very much focused on Ooltewah. We/they all know that the Owls are a quality football team.

Powell is very good, I don't see Ootlewah coming up here and winning at Powell. Mobley hasn't been stopped yet and I don't see it happening this week either. Oak Ridge held him in check for the most part. On 17 of his 20 carries we did okay. The problem was on his other 3 carries he had over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. If he breaks the first wave of tacklers (there better be more than one) than he is gone, period. He has a very rare combination of size, strength and speed. If anybody is going to beat Powell they're going to have to hold Powell to 4 td's and outscore them. Good luck with that. I don't see a serious challenge until the semis or the finals.