MBA vs Baylor

MBARED

Sorry I meandered!

On topic:

MBA 28

B 27

I think MBA will have a tough time running their current, one dimensional offense. Baylor will stop all that QB running. I see a QB change at half and opening it up to move the ball downfield. The D looks healthy, except for a few who are playing on guts and determination and will hold the line until the calvary (passing attack) shows up in Q4. I am liking MBA 28 Baylor 24, with MBA scoring on the final drive. That would make for a sweet ride home.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA travels to Baylor this Friday to take on the Red Raiders. MBA has won 5 of our last 6 games and are playing good football now. Baylor is just a tremendous team in all aspects. I will be there rooting on MBA. I always enjoy my visit to Baylor's beautiful campus. Thoughts and opinions on the game?

Thanks MBARED for the kind comments on the Baylor campus. Hope you and the MBA fans come early for tailgating....but dress warm as the weather is going to be sunny but cold. MBA has certainly turned their season around winning 5 out of their last 6 games this year. I expect another hard hitting game. Be careful on your trip from Nashville. Here's to a great game, no injuries and a Red Raider victory.

Thanks MBARED for the kind comments on the Baylor campus. Hope you and the MBA fans come early for tailgating....but dress warm as the weather is going to be sunny but cold. MBA has certainly turned their season around winning 5 out of their last 6 games this year. I expect another hard hitting game. Be careful on your trip from Nashville. Here's to a great game, no injuries and a Red Raider victory.

I'm going with a 2-3 TD win for Baylor. MBA has 1 win this year over a team with a .500+ record (Pearl-Cohn@ 6-5 with last wks playoff win). Baylor is battle tested, they have beaten a good EHS team and Columbia, and I just think MBA is in over their heads this Friday. Get ready for basketball and wrestling practice Monday boys.

MBA competed well with Baylor the first go-round, and no reason they can't do it again...it all depends on whether or not the defense can get some stops and keep it close early, so they can stick to a ground-based offense. If Baylor gets a couple of early TD's, it will turn into a blow-out, because MBA can't compete in a game like that, at least not that I've seen this year. One can hope the defensive schemes have been simplified by now but who knows....

pure heart pick, MBA 21, Baylor 17

On topic:

MBA 28

B 27

I think MBA will have a tough time running their current, one dimensional offense. Baylor will stop all that QB running. I see a QB change at half and opening it up to move the ball downfield. The D looks healthy, except for a few who are playing on guts and determination and will hold the line until the calvary (passing attack) shows up in Q4. I am liking MBA 28 Baylor 24, with MBA scoring on the final drive. That would make for a sweet ride home.

I think that MBA has more weapons on offense then ever before. The "one dimensional" you refer to about the current scheme must mean "it scores"!

Offense will not be the issue in this game, it will come down to defense, can we stop the big plays. The Big Red has done very well recently. It could have easily had a few shutouts but let the bench get some reps.

IMO I see a hard fought game with an "inspired" MBA squad coming out on top.

MBA 28

Baylor 17

I'm going with a 2-3 TD win for Baylor. MBA has 1 win this year over a team with a .500+ record (Pearl-Cohn@ 6-5 with last wks playoff win). Baylor is battle tested, they have beaten a good EHS team and Columbia, and I just think MBA is in over their heads this Friday. Get ready for basketball and wrestling practice Monday boys.

MBA's current streak is something for the players to feel good about..... but Baylor is not one of these sub .500 teams MBA has been playing. I see some chests sticking out over squeaking by some pretty bad teams.

Lets hope for a good effort, lets hope the Defense knows where to line up, and lets PLEASE not get mercy-ruled as we head into winter sports. Its time for the worst MBA season since the 80's to come to a close.

Good luck Baylor from South Pittsburg!

Best of luck to all area teams!

Thank you piratetom....and good luck to South Pittsburg tomorrow night! Looking forward to tailgating and to hopefully a great game tomorrow night. We've got the red and gray blankets out and will be sipping hot chocolate for what will be a very cold game. Travel safely MBA fans. As always I will be cheering on the Red Raiders! Go Baylor!

Edited by bruisermom

Thank you piratetom....and good luck to South Pittsburg tomorrow night! Looking forward to tailgating and to hopefully a great game tomorrow night. We've got the red and gray blankets out and will be sipping hot chocolate for what will be a very cold game. Travel safely MBA fans. As always I will be cheering on the Red Raiders! Go Baylor!

Thanks bruisermom. Looking forward to the trip to Chattanooga....just hope it not a long trip back.