EK Slaughter out at Cleveland

I dont see Bill turning his offense over to anyone, im curious to see if this plays out. We all know Signals offense has never been the issue its the defense thats struggles in big games. So even if you bring E.K. In and turn him loose with the offense(which I still just dont see happening) that still dont solve the problem. So do Bill.do defense then? And honestly does the two personalities really do well in the same office???

Not if. He is already there to my knowledge. Of course things can always change. But I do think Price is back and forth on which side of the ball he wants Slaughter at. But I last heard it was the OC. Guess we shall see.

The back and fourth will drive EK crazy in my opinion, it would most folks. Ek is a system guy and its different than Bills system drastically, I guess change is good think.if he would really.release the reigns of that offense to EK it coukd b really productive but I.just feel EK will b handcuffed. Unless Bills intentions are to at some.point step down and turn the program over to E.K someday (which is very possible since Bill has been rumored for a couple years now to only coach for another year or two) I just see this being a mistake for EK.

The back and fourth will drive EK crazy in my opinion, it would most folks. Ek is a system guy and its different than Bills system drastically, I guess change is good think.if he would really.release the reigns of that offense to EK it coukd b really productive but I.just feel EK will b handcuffed. Unless Bills intentions are to at some.point step down and turn the program over to E.K someday (which is very possible since Bill has been rumored for a couple years now to only coach for another year or two) I just see this being a mistake for EK.

I think you have the right idea with EK taking it in the future. And I agree he is a system guy but I think he can handle it if he has the chance of getting the team when Price steps down.

Something tells me that EK to Hixson in his mind would be a step back, but when your looking for a job and one where you call the shots then i suppose its a possibility for him since he lives close to that area from what i have heard. But the perfect situation would have been for him to weather Bill on the mountain then take that program over, so for him not to be going up there seems fishy to me, gotta be a reason? Something with the county, Im thinking. Curious to see if he works in Hamilton County again.

Last I heard they are not going to start the interview process until the end of Jan.

On an unrelated note, please keep Slaughter and a group of kids from Cleveland High in your prayers. They are currently in Honduras on a short mission trip for the holidays.

Actually, admin has said they have three dozen "hard" applications on hand and will begin the vetting process via an "interview committee" after the new year. They hope to have a selection by the end of Jan, but said not to be surprised or concerned if it's as late as early Feb.

As far as applicants/candidates: mum's the word

I echo what BleedingBlue said about the mission trip. Coach Slaughter and 14 athletes from CHS (boys and girls) are on a mission to Orphanage Emmanuel in Honduras, helping others and building character. (the side of coach Slaughter many don't know, unfortunately)

I have no inside ear to who they are interviewing. With that said, a coach needs to named ASAP so that a football program is not held hostage any longer.

all I can say is...whoever the school hires, it needs to be someone that can energize the county, city, and school. this is a unique coaching job, and if done right, CHS football can be restored to the level it wants...please do not hire some country bumpkin coach who knows the heck outta Xs and Os and can run a real mean spread offense....this coach needs to be able to coach as well as connect with the community...in other words...appears educated