SIGNAL MOUNTAIN 2012

MountainTroll

Im sure the kid wants to be on the field as much as possible. he played both ways all year when they won the state and he made two picks in the Trousdale game. he is a player.

He was a receiver then though. Now he is the QB, and a dang good one. I'd want him way more on offense than defense.

He will stick with UK. No doubt whatsoever. flower.gif

Having Coach Sanders as your QB coach and OC is huge, and he really liked the campus and program.

I think he didn't want to get distracted by the dog and pony show of camps and campus visits. Also, doesn't have to worry about individual stats. He can focus on the team.

I believe if he can adjust to the college level football from high school then I think he may see some playing time his freshmen year. Maxwell Smith and Morgan Newton are not very impressive in my mind and I would love to see another Tennessee talent go out of state and do great like Randall Cobb did....... They got a good freshmen QB this year that may take over sometime during the season in Patrick Towles....

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

More like poor defending. 2 were complete blown coverage's. #17 looks to be pretty dependable. Maybe if they wore some gloves it might help them catch. Signal looked impressive honestly. Why is the QB playing D? You lose him, your season may go down the drain.

8-11 for 159 yards. Only one that was dropped that should have been caught might have been the one to the tight end and he had on gloves.

Great game tonight. Varsity played first half and JV second half. Both varsities looked very stong on both sides of the ball. Signal had some good long drives with a nice mixture of running and passing. The defense looked strong against a very good Ridgeland offense. With good blocking, Shaqualm McCoy ran like a beast. If you ask me, he made a good choice leaving Notre Dame to get on a good team. Vonn Bell was impressive. However, Signal's defense bent, but didn't break, stopping two of Ridgeland's drives on forced fumbles. I'd say the teams were equally matched. Ultimately, Signal lead at the half 17-14 on a 42 yard icon_e_surprised.gif field goal. The Panthers should do very well this year, making it deep into the playoffs. Of course I'm biased, but Signal looked scary good against a very strong opponent.

The JV half went as you would expect. Sloppy at times in the third quarter, but Signal's young fellers really got rolling in the fourth quarter. Got to feel good about the future. Ultimately, the JV's tied at 14-14.

Edited by MountainTroll

How was the scrimmage this morning?? I keep hearing you guys are better than last year.

Better? Idk. Too early to say.

We certainly have more size and strength. We lost some great players in graduation last year; but, across the board, I'd say we have more raw talent on the team than previous years. We'll be starting 6-8 soph and 6-8 juniors, so they'z lots of young guys who will continue to develop as the year progresses.

I'd say we'll be in prime form by the time we visit the Beene this year. smiley-sad001.gif

Better? Idk. Too early to say.

We certainly have more size and strength. We lost some great players in graduation last year; but, across the board, I'd say we have more raw talent on the team than previous years. We'll be starting 6-8 soph and 6-8 juniors, so they'z lots of young guys who will continue to develop as the year progresses.

I'd say we'll be in prime form by the time we visit the Beene this year. smiley-sad001.gif

how's eddie the eagle this year...? icon_twisted.gif

and what week are y'all going down to mercy rule the pirates? seven and i aren't missing that this year. :thumb:

how's eddie the eagle this year...? icon_twisted.gifand what week are y'all going down to mercy rule the pirates? seven and i aren't missing that this year. thumb[1].gif

Eddie's doin' well. Been in the weight room. He say he wants a rematch with that HartsVillian.

bird_cartoon_26.gif

As for the party in Hemlock, that would be week 5. I guess Stinker and Goat told you that you missed a good time last year. I won't be able to extend you the same hospitality that they received, 'cause we ain't on my home turf. However, I do have a Get Out of Jail Free card valid in Cornbread Capital, and I can probably get you a photo op with Eddie.

Edited by MountainTroll