who will take the greenfield football job

lineman4life

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four things I would want to know:

1) Will the community be willing to support a coach that will do the things necessary to build the program?

2) Do the coach's have any issue with sharing athletes?

3) Will the new coach have full administrative support?

4) Will the new coach have at least 2 paid assistants of his choice?

If a new coach had community and administrative support for the necessary off-season activities required, a descent program could probably be established.

1) Will the community be willing to support a coach that will do the things necessary to build the program?

If a new coach had community and administrative support for the necessary off-season activities required, a descent program could probably be established.

That Job Stinks Without Support :roflolk:

1) Yes if it produces some immediate results. Most want a winner now and don't want to wait for something to build over 3+ years.

2) At a school the size of Greenfield, as a coach you have to deal with sharing athletes. Any coach is going to tell you that he wants his players to only play his sport but I don't think the coach should force kids to choose, especially there. Don't know if it is happening for sure or not like a previous poster said it was but it shouldn't be.

3) Yes administrative support for all athletic programs will always be there.

4) If the teaching positions are there, the possibility for two faculty assistants will be there.

That's what I have heard from locals who are still a part of the Weakley County school system.

1) Yes if it produces some immediate results. Most want a winner now and don't want to wait for something to build over 3+ years.

2) At a school the size of Greenfield, as a coach you have to deal with sharing athletes. Any coach is going to tell you that he wants his players to only play his sport but I don't think the coach should force kids to choose, especially there. Don't know if it is happening for sure or not like a previous poster said it was but it shouldn't be.

3) Yes administrative support for all athletic programs will always be there.

4) If the teaching positions are there, the possibility for two faculty assistants will be there.

That's what I have heard from locals who are still a part of the Weakley County school system.

There will be no immediate........unless a few stallions transfer in.

Greenfield always had a few good athletes in the past. I would assume there are still some athletes.

There will be no immediate........unless a few stallions transfer in.

Greenfield always had a few good athletes in the past. I would assume there are still some athletes.

I said in a previous post that I thought they could be succesful because a lot of the same obstacles they are facing now were overcome in the late 90s early 00s. The only difference I see from now and then (and its a big one) is those teams is the district opponents and route to the playoffs. Many years if you won 2 district games you were a 3 seed because there was only 5 teams in the region. The size of the schools in

the district has changed dramatically with the Z plan. Having only 3 classes in regular season as opposed to to 5 is really tough on a school that is one of the 5 or so smallest with football. I think the athletes are probably still there if you look at the basketball and baseball teams. Its just a matter of getting those kids out and being successful so they will want to play. Not a lot of people moving into the Greenfield area so no stallions in sight.

• 4 weeks later...

A buddy of mine said they have less than a dozen players returning with three having experience. They should have about eight rising up from the 8th grade class. It will be tough to compete with anyone in their district in 2012 with only 19 to 20 players on the roster. Plus there are 2 assistant coach supplements but no open teaching positions.

A buddy of mine said they have less than a dozen players returning with three having experience. They should have about eight rising up from the 8th grade class. It will be tough to compete with anyone in their district in 2012 with only 19 to 20 players on the roster. Plus there are 2 assistant coach supplements but no open teaching positions.

Close the program down and move them to....DRESDEN!! :thumb: