Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Ridgeway has a couple of D-1 players in Sheldon Dawson & Jaylen Walton that can flat out ball. Their offense against our defense should be worth the price of admission. Their only losses have been to very good teams. This is shaping up to be an excellent game no matter what RW says. Ridgeway is better than "fair" and if the Pats play sloppy it will be a long night. I do think HC wins a close one though.

Link to their youtube site:

http://www.youtube.com/ridgewayfootball

Sheldon Dawson is an "athlete" that verbally committed to the University of Memphis in the summer. Jaylen Walton is their RB who verbally committed to Ole Miss in the summer.

There are others that I will list as follows:

Cordale Boyd is a 6'-3", 285 lb. DT who verbally committed to the University of Arkansas over the summer. Brandon Lewis is a 6'-5", 220 lb. DE who also commiitted to the University of Arkansas this summer. Mr. Jamil Golden, 6'-4", 205 lb. QB is being recruited by D1 schools, but has yet to verbally commit.

Edited by kwc

I'm praying the "ugly" game last night will be a wake up call the team needed. Though it seemed the officiating may have been a little suspect, it was obvious our players were not mentally focused at times. We cannot have and an extra point called back and then miss.....Be off sides twice on a kick off.....rough the kicker when he is kicking out of the end zone....and so on and so on......OR WE WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST NEXT FRIDAY NITE!!! I'm sure the boys took NE a little for granted and the discipline got off track somewhat. Hopefully a lesson was learned and the "ship will get tightened."

If you were around the program at all....then you would know that the statement highlighted above is simply inaccurate!

Oh I'm around the program more than you realize....and I said nothing about the coaches taking Northeast for granted....but I can assure you that some of the 16, 17 and 18 year old boys took them for granted. I've coached a long time.....seen it with my own eyes many times. But I'm not concerned about that game now.

Like you...I'm satisfied with beating a team twice in a single season regardless of how different those two wins may have come...I do however choose to disagree with your previous post. Nonetheless...Ridgeway will be a much different team than we have seen up unto this point....I figured they'd get more pushback from Dyer County...apparently I was badly mistaken!

Sheldon Dawson is an "athlete" that verbally committed to the University of Memphis in the summer. Jaylen Walton is their RB who verbally committed to Ole Miss in the summer.

There are others that I will list as follows:

Cordale Boyd is a 6'-3", 285 lb. DT who verbally committed to the University of Arkansas over the summer. Brandon Lewis is a 6'-5", 220 lb. DE who also commiitted to the University of Arkansas this summer. Mr. Jamil Golden, 6'-4", 205 lb. QB is being recruited by D1 schools, but has yet to verbally commit.

Hey kwc! Its been a while since we have been able to discuss a game on here since we changed from the 5A system. I am looking forward to this game! Sounds like Ridgeway definitely has some horses in the stable, but as I am sure you are aware Henry County does as well. Many of us up here like the way our D-line and defense as a whole has been this season. Sounds like Ridgeway's D is lacking somehow. Lots of points scored on them! How do you feel about this game? Would love to hear your commentary...

You can't hold great players down for the whole game. Ridgeway's athletes are going to make some big plays on offense, we just have to hope our offense is efficient enough to be able to outscore them. I think this will be the most points Henry County will give up to this point, but the defense will come up big in the end and make some stops to pull out the win.

Jusy play Henry co. football and you guys should win this next game. Ball control, smash mouth football just like you have done for the last several years and cut out the mental mistakes and penalties. Take it one game at a time as I am sure coach Counce and his staff are telling these young men every day. I have been watching Henry Co. football for a long time (against them as a player at Dickson Co. and attending games at DC and in HC for the last 34 years) and this team is impressive when firing on all cylinders. This team could be the best bunch of "cornfed country boys"( I say that because that is what the Clarksville schools like to call HC and DC)that has come out of Paris in a while. Good luck to the Patriots from your fellow 10-AAA DC friend!

I am not sure if you guys have heard but I usually listen to 104.5 to and from games b/c they have really good pre/post highschool football games coverage and Murphy Fair indicated he would like to try and make it out to this game. I plan on coming to this 1 as well; I believe you guys are a better team than RW but when you have that caliber of athletes/speed on a team it opens up possibilities and anything can happen. Having said that, I believe HC will pull out the win, but I also think the game will be interesting for awhile.....

Jusy play Henry co. football and you guys should win this next game. Ball control, smash mouth football just like you have done for the last several years and cut out the mental mistakes and penalties. Take it one game at a time as I am sure coach Counce and his staff are telling these young men every day. I have been watching Henry Co. football for a long time (against them as a player at Dickson Co. and attending games at DC and in HC for the last 34 years) and this team is impressive when firing on all cylinders. This team could be the best bunch of "cornfed country boys"( I say that because that is what the Clarksville schools like to call HC and DC)that has come out of Paris in a while. Good luck to the Patriots from your fellow 10-AAA DC friend!

Good post. I agree completely. If we play our game, find a rhythm, and continue swarming on defense as we have all year, I see no reason why we shouldn't win this game.