Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

MEMPHIS SPEED KILLS! Ridgeway may have the Fastest team remaining in the 5A playoffs. With that being said they do give up their fair share of points. I don't think there is ANYTHING Henry Co. can do to stop #1 Dawson and #3 Walton from breaking at least 2 long runs a piece. Rigdeway leaves Paris, TN with a 1 TD win. #MEMPHISCITYSCHOOLSRHUNGRY :hungry::popcorneater:

Well Senator, I respectfully disagree with there being nothing Henry County can do to stop #1 and/or #3. There are, quite frankly, quite a few things we plan to do. And also, on another post you mentioned that we are nothing like Whitehaven's defense. I actually would gladly put this defense up against anybody's in the entire state! We have been told over and over again how speed out of the Memphis teams are too much for us to handle. And time and time again we have had an answer, and proven that we have plenty of speed ourselves. Now that's not to say that Ridgeway won't be able to do anything, they will get a few big plays that slip through - they are a good team and very fast. But what makes this game so interesting is that the Roadrunners defense is what I would call marginal. They will definitely have their hands full with the Patriots. I like our chances in this matchup. Can't wait til Friday Night!!!

Go Big RED!!!

MEMPHIS SPEED KILLS! Ridgeway may have the Fastest team remaining in the 5A playoffs. With that being said they do give up their fair share of points. I don't think there is ANYTHING Henry Co. can do to stop #1 Dawson and #3 Walton from breaking at least 2 long runs a piece. Rigdeway leaves Paris, TN with a 1 TD win. #MEMPHISCITYSCHOOLSRHUNGRY :hungry::popcorneater:

Ridgeway may be the fastest team remaining in the playoffs (Gallatin did lose). With that being said, I doubt the are the best team. Team does not mean group of individuals. Henry County has a great team this year.

well senator you will see the biggest crowd you ever seen at a high school football game and they make a lots of noise. Then there is the only jumbo tron in west tn. There might be some fireworks or maybe hank jr. or a skydiver or two. Anyway there will be a show on and off the field. Oh by the way have your boys carry some extra chin straps because the will need them also they may need to pack some extra cups too

Edited by pats73

I just watched the videos and this is what I got. So far this year our defensive line and linebackers have punished teams. I think this game they will have to find the small backs and wrap up fast. Cuz they get one step past our lbs idk if we can catch them. We have speed but they are super fast. But I think if our lbs can get there quick when our dline makes their push and if our corners defend the screen pass we will be ok. I think we should kick away from #1. He is very dangerous. Their defense doesn't tackle well. I seen a ton of missed tackles which is great since we have shaq. I believe we will give up our share of points this game but I think we come away with a win.

That's not gonna be an easy task for them, regardless of how fast they are. It's hard enough getting passed our D-line. I'm not saying we're going to hold them scoreless, but there's just no way I can see them coming in here and scoring 30 or 40 points. It's just not gonna happen. Not against this defense. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first one on here eating crow, but I don't believe I'm wrong.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Well Senator, I respectfully disagree with there being nothing Henry County can do to stop #1 and/or #3. There are, quite frankly, quite a few things we plan to do. And also, on another post you mentioned that we are nothing like Whitehaven's defense. I actually would gladly put this defense up against anybody's in the entire state! We have been told over and over again how speed out of the Memphis teams are too much for us to handle. And time and time again we have had an answer, and proven that we have plenty of speed ourselves. Now that's not to say that Ridgeway won't be able to do anything, they will get a few big plays that slip through - they are a good team and very fast. But what makes this game so interesting is that the Roadrunners defense is what I would call marginal. They will definitely have their hands full with the Patriots. I like our chances in this matchup. Can't wait til Friday Night!!!

Go Big RED!!!

SOME INFORMATION ABOUT RIDGEWAY

1. i have seen all Ridgeway games this season,including 1 game (DC) live.

2. As everyone notes, they have speed and speed. Walton (#3 is best runner, speed and many moves and powerful legs. Dawson (#1) returns kicks (Why anyone would kick deep to Ridgeway is bewildering) and plays WO. As fast as Walton but not as much leg strength and as many moves.

3. QB Jamel Golden (12), 6 ft. 4, 205 is a droback thrower who can also roll right. (Rolling let is a major challenge.) Golden does not make good reads and will put it up for grabs.

4. Offensive formations: 90% Pro-I with Walton at TB, some spread (Walton at HB to left). Favorable play: TB counter trey with offside T and G pulling. This is to get Walton through the first level. Golden fakes handoff to FB (holds ball up high, then gives to Walton). Screens go to Walton. Play action deep to wideouts off the counter trey fake. Offensive line is accustomed to just getting in the way long enough to allow Walton to pass.

5. Defemse--normally a 4-3 unless you show some exotic offensive formations. LBs are not outstanding. Secondary is very week. Every time they have played have been them deep and also short and outside. White Station, a passing team from the spread, passed them crazy in early season. Play action may not be neessary.

6. Specail Teams--teams have returned kicks,especially punts well and I expect HC to return a punt and perhaps to block one. They do kick their exps. Haven't seen any field goal attempts.

7. I have seen Henry County play Springfield and Liberty in person as well as the Obion Central scrimmage. I look for C. Counce to have a big night, as well as Naje. Probably something like : HC-40' Rodgeway 14.

Incidentally, HC will not be the best team Ridgeway sees. In August, they traveled to Dallas and played the Skyline Raiders, who led the 40-0 in the second quarter and beat them something like 47-7. Skyline is rated #14 in the nation and is undefeated and in the Texas playoffs right now. Skyline had half a dozen players as fast as Walton/Dawson.

I will be attending in Paris on Friday night. The location of the game will be very important; Ridgeway plays nearly all its games down the road from the campus at Halle Stadium

well senator you will see the biggest crowd you ever seen at a high school football game and they make a lots of noise. Then there is the only jumbo tron in west tn. There might be some fireworks or maybe hank jr. or a skydiver or two. Anyway there will be a show on and off the field. Oh by the way have your boys carry some extra chin straps because the will need them also they may need to pack some extra cups too

I won't be in Paris Friday as I am a WHITEHAVEN TIGER supporter. I'll be in the 38116. I'm just giving yall some M-Town love and opinion. :thumb:

2. As everyone notes, they have speed and speed. Walton (#3 is best runner, speed and many moves and powerful legs. Dawson (#1) returns kicks (Why anyone would kick deep to Ridgeway is bewildering) and plays WO. As fast as Walton but not as much leg strength and as many moves.

3. QB Jamel Golden (12), 6 ft. 4, 205 is a droback thrower who can also roll right. (Rolling let is a major challenge.) Golden does not make good reads and will put it up for grabs.

4. Offensive formations: 90% Pro-I with Walton at TB, some spread (Walton at HB to left). Favorable play: TB counter trey with offside T and G pulling. This is to get Walton through the first level. Golden fakes handoff to FB (holds ball up high, then gives to Walton). Screens go to Walton. Play action deep to wideouts off the counter trey fake. Offensive line is accustomed to just getting in the way long enough to allow Walton to pass.

5. Defemse--normally a 4-3 unless you show some exotic offensive formations. LBs are not outstanding. Secondary is very week. Every time they have played have been them deep and also short and outside. White Station, a passing team from the spread, passed them crazy in early season. Play action may not be neessary.

6. Specail Teams--teams have returned kicks,especially punts well and I expect HC to return a punt and perhaps to block one. They do kick their exps. Haven't seen any field goal attempts.

7. I have seen Henry County play Springfield and Liberty in person as well as the Obion Central scrimmage. I look for C. Counce to have a big night, as well as Naje. Probably something like : HC-40' Rodgeway 14.

Incidentally, HC will not be the best team Ridgeway sees. In August, they traveled to Dallas and played the Skyline Raiders, who led the 40-0 in the second quarter and beat them something like 47-7. Skyline is rated #14 in the nation and is undefeated and in the Texas playoffs right now. Skyline had half a dozen players as fast as Walton/Dawson.

I will be attending in Paris on Friday night. The location of the game will be very important; Ridgeway plays nearly all its games down the road from the campus at Halle Stadium

Thanks for the info! :thumb:

Thanks for the information! Nice to hear on the players to look for, and if we can force the QB to the left like you said is a weakness if he throws a bad ball our secondary loves coming in on those bad throws and will take any chance to get a pick! Just got to be solid on offense and if we do that we win in my opinion. Our defense will get its best test since Beech practically, I can't wait to see how we do, it's gonna be such a great game with an excellent atmosphere! I hope Ridgeway fans travel to Patriot Stadium!

Pretty good info. Left some of what they do out though.

- Their bread and butter is the toss. They will fun that play regularly.

- Line up 5 wide with Dawson at QB. Running the Wildcat with Dawson and Walton is scary.

- Their TE/FB #19 is going to get some touches from the TE and FB spots.

- Their DE #89 is a MAN. Don't make a living running at him.

- They have a LB or SS (can't remember where he lines up) #5 that will bring the wood. He flies to the ball and has no issue separating receiver from ball.

Coach Sutton will have this team prepared. He is a very good coach and I would expect to see him pull some tricks out of his sleeve. This should be an awesome game to watch. I'd love to come, but Paris is a long trek from Memphis.

I'm gonna say HC 38 Ridgeway 34