Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Henry County will try to get the ball and keep it. Since Ridgeway hasn't stopped running attacks all year, I think HC can do that--8 o 12 play drives. FB on quick opening plays.

HC will concentrate on stopping the two TB types--off tackle and counter trey. Golden is a good rollout QB and he is difficult to get down, but the HC secondary is far better than anything else he has seen.

It's always a bit of a worry when you pick against speed, but, if you demanded numbers, I would have to say

HC-47; Ridgeway 20.

Henry County 38 -- Ridgeway 35

-----------------------------------

Augielio,

I have no doubt that Henry County has a very good football team; I just do not think that Henry County is 3 touchdowns better than Ridgeway! As you can see, I'm picking HC to defeat our (Memphis) Roadrunners...albeit narrowly -- yet, by a considerably smaller margin... Of course, I hope that I'm wrong and that Ridgeway can pull off the so-called "upset." Furthermore, I absolutely will not be surprised or shocked to see Ridgeway defeat Henry County!

No offence or disrespect to any HC Patriot faithfuls, but here's what my gut is telling me: Henry County is not as ELITE a team as many of you would like to believe; Ridgeway is not as bad a team as you would like to believe.

The issue of each of these team's schedule strength has been kicked around, on this thread. Some say Ridgeway's stronger; other's say Henry County, and that District 10 is much stronger than which many give it credit......Someone even said that S.O.S is grossly overrated!

From my perspective (and, apparently, Kwc's viewpoint as well)-- here's the one simple, but CRITICAL, dynamic that points to this game being substantially closer than many HC fans would like to believe: Henry County simply has not lined up against a team of Ridgeway's overall caliber; Ridgeway, on the other hand, has faced several teams of Henry County's caliber.

Henry County Partiot fans -- BEWARE:

Henry County's perfect season and dreams of a Gold Ball will be in serious, serious jeopardy versus Ridgeway!

Prepare yourselves, mentally and emotionally -- this game is going to be a nail-biter and has the very real potential of messing with your head, for days or weeks to come! :wacko:

--------------------------------------------

P.S.... Regardless of the outcome of Friday night's game, I'll be every bit as bold and return to this thread sometime afterwards. :thumb:

Go Ridgeway. Beat Henry County!

Edited by TraderB

This is a good post but it has its problems.

1 Our schedule is getting stronger with every subsequent playoff win. Does that count?

2 The Roadrunners will not score on every possession. We probably will, they will not.

3 This year's HC team has not lost several years in a row as a pretty heavy favorite in the playoffs.

4 Make no mistake, Henry County's mindset is to score on every possession, our possessions and our opponent's possessions.

:roflol: ....and you think this is unique? Aren't most all teams coached and taught to try to score on every play...not just on each possession?

I have no doubt that Henry County has a very good football team[/b]; I just do not think that Henry County is 3 touchdowns better than Ridgeway! As you can see, I'm picking HC to defeat our (Memphis) Roadrunners...albeit narrowly -- yet, by a considerably smaller margin... Of course, I hope that I'm wrong and that Ridgeway can pull off the so-called "upset." Furthermore, I absolutely will not be surprised or shocked to see Ridgeway defeat Henry County!

No offence or disrespect to any HC Patriot faithfuls, but here's what my gut is telling me: Henry County is not as ELITE a team as many of you would like to believe; Ridgeway is not as bad a team as you would like to believe.

The issue of each of these team's schedule strength has been kicked around, on this thread. Some say Ridgeway's stronger; other's say Henry County, and that District 10 is much stronger than which many give it credit......Someone even said that S.O.S is grossly overrated!

From my perspective (and, apparently, Kwc's viewpoint as well)-- here's the one simple, but CRITICAL, dynamic that points to this game being substantially closer than many HC fans would like to believe: Henry County simply has not lined up against a team of Ridgeway's overall caliber; Ridgeway, on the other hand, has faced several teams of Henry County's caliber.

Henry County Partiot fans -- BEWARE:

Henry County's perfect season and dreams of a Gold Ball will be in serious, serious jeopardy versus Ridgeway!

Prepare yourselves, mentally and emotionally -- this game is going to be a nail-biter and has the very real potential of messing with your head, for days or weeks to come! :wacko:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post TraderB ,altho IMO HC will win, Ridgeway is a very dangerous team that will come to Patroit Land focused on advancing..I will say should HC get down and need to pass Ridgeway's dbs will be in HC's jerseys with them ..yes they are that fast and physical especially Dawson, do not kick to him..also Qb is a very good passer when needed 60+ yds ..dont let him scramble as Ridgeway's recievers will run downfield and he will find them...they do have a kicking game which is until past several years most Memphis teams havent had..Coach Counce and staff will know all above and will relate to team ,but players get caught up in the moment and react opposite the coaching..Ridgeways multiple sets with their speed is extremely dangerous with Walton jittering-buggin.

Regardless of schedule disputes its mute at this point of season HC will be stronger upfront allowing rbs to crunch out long drives which will take Roadrunners out of game plan ..tho team size will be in Roadrunners favor,however not as savvy as HC...Im looking for an all out battle between two great teams on possibly a slower field ..Henry County Wins!!!

Go Big Red !

Lots of chatter and lots of Memphis "Coachters" picking Ridgeway on the "Big Games in Memphis" threads. Apparently...few have faith in the Patriots to handle this Roadrunner squad. The Patriots had a good practice last night "under the lights" in Carroll County preparing for the speedy Roadrunners! The countdown has begun...34 hours til kickoff!!!

I stand by everything I have stated so far about this game. Nothing kwc says (I have great respect for his knowledge of Memphis area football)has swayed me at all. The weaknesses we have cannot effectively be attacked by Ridgeway, nor any team who is left. Henry County wins BIG unless we have a game of 6-8 turnovers or an earthquake hits and swallows ONLY a majority of our team, and the Ridgeway team somehow remains intact. This game will be a laugher.

Only if Rway has one of their backs out are you a prohibitive favorite!

Henry County 38 -- Ridgeway 35

-----------------------------------

Augielio,

I have no doubt that Henry County has a very good football team; I just do not think that Henry County is 3 touchdowns better than Ridgeway! As you can see, I'm picking HC to defeat our (Memphis) Roadrunners...albeit narrowly -- yet, by a considerably smaller margin... Of course, I hope that I'm wrong and that Ridgeway can pull off the so-called "upset." Furthermore, I absolutely will not be surprised or shocked to see Ridgeway defeat Henry County!

Henry County Partiot fans -- BEWARE:[/size

--------------------------------------------

P.S.... Regardless of the outcome of Friday night's game, I'll be every bit as bold and return to this thread sometime afterwards. :thumb:

Go Ridgeway. Beat Henry County!

This post needs a good washing. I'm happy to oblige. Now, FactsOnly.

1 Patriot faithful cannot be offended.

2 When a team of lesser rank (such as Ridgeway) beats a team of greater rank (such as Henry County), the upset is ACTUAL, not "so-called".

3 Ridgeway is not considered "bad" by Henry Countians. Even our most critical poster refers to Ridgeway as "good".

4 Though we have not stated it as such, Henry County is as elite a team as WE BELIEVE.

5 We believe.

6 You cannot name "several" teams that Ridgeway has faced this year of Henry County's caliber (I know you are going to say the Dallas Cowboys . . . but really? Did playing them REALLY make Ridgeway a better football team and more prepared for the playoffs? Or did it just show you the disparity in playing an independent magnet school with no less than 10 professional athlete alumni and a top 25 NATIONAL ranking for that team who resides in a city of 6,500,000?

Edited by FactsOnly

Lots of chatter and lots of Memphis "Coachters" picking Ridgeway on the "Big Games in Memphis" threads. Apparently...few have faith in the Patriots to handle this Roadrunner squad. The Patriots had a good practice last night "under the lights" in Carroll County preparing for the speedy Roadrunners! The countdown has begun...34 hours til kickoff!!!

What would you expect those from Memphis to do? They will go with their hearts and pick the Menmphis school. The problem is that while Ridgeway is a good team, and likely the best we have faced all season, they just don't have the team to beat us...not even close. There is but one way for anyone to beat this team, and given the 5A field, that can't happen. This game WILL NOT BE CLOSE!!!!!

I guess we should put our faith in Henry County and not in Ridgeway.

You misunderstand the essence of my post...I fully expect you to support your Memphis schools...in this case Ridgeway. I fully expect you to make a case for them to win against HC. I agree with you that the Ridgeway schedule is much tougher than ours. I agree that Ridgeway will be the best team we have played. Where we disagree is as follows...the toughness of schedule is IRRELEVANT...HC is VASTLY superior to Ridgeway. There is a way for a certain type of team to beat HC...Ridgeway isn't one of them. Ridgeway is incapable of putting HC into the one position that would put our season at risk.

What would you expect those from Memphis to do? They will go with their hearts and pick the Menmphis school. The problem is that while Ridgeway is a good team, and likely the best we have faced all season, they just don't have the team to beat us...not even close. There is but one way for anyone to beat this team, and given the 5A field, that can't happen. This game WILL NOT BE CLOSE!!!!!

Sounds to me if you're trying to convince the Henry people! Read your posts for years and yours concerning this game are very uncharacteristic for a coach of some 30 years. You better fear SPEED! There's a reason they say it KILLS! Henry has had some exceptional teams over the past and has YET to make it to the dance...There has to be a reason..That reson is simple..It takes a lot of things to happen to bring home the gold and they simply haven't fallen HC's way over the past. Ball has to bounce right..Injury free with respect to key personnel, got to find a way to win when you're not playing your best...and finally, got to have some LUCK! If Ridgeway comes in with a healthy team...You've got a load to deal with! Bank on it!

C